Close
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 45 to 66 of 105

Thread: Emery vs Pace

  1. #45
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    924
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dabears70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pace can get out of the Glennon contract after this season but couldn't do that with Cutler for i think 5 of the 7 years.

    Who's worse now??
    Cutler only had 3 years garaunteed. Pace never had to comit to him. he could have just stashed him on the bench or had the bears eat the money.

  2. A message from our sponsors.


    Please Register(it's free!) and Login to get rid of this advertisement.


  3. #46
    CCS Donator HawkBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    6,702
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Male View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thats bs. cutler only had 3 years garaunteed. Pace also never had to commit to cutler but still kept him. He could have just drafted a qb every year like he said he would but instead waited his third year to draft a qb and and sign the giraffe. The qb situation is on pace. You don't wait till your 3rd year to get a qb if you are a new gm.
    I do question why he never drafted a QB and my only thought is, at that point he either A. thought Cutler might be able to get it done or B. didn't want to create a QB controversy.

    Either way, doesn't make Pace a worse GM then Emery because he was saddled with a shit situation created by the former GM.

  4. #47
    CCS Donator shoopster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Cyberspace, USA
    Posts
    3,039

    Default

    The fact that Ryan Pace is close enough in the neighborhood of Phil Emery for this question to be asked says all that needs to be said about the Pacester. If he's not as bad as Emery, he's close enough to be in the discussion. Is that good enough for Bears fans?

    It might be hard to acknowledge, but Pace has failed.
    . . . there are things about the Bears known and unknown and in between are the doors the shoopster walks through . . .

  5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shoopster For This Useful Post:


  6. #48
    Senior Member dabears70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    12,297
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mongo_76 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    True, I 100% hate stupid Bears fans.

    You're a dumb fuck
    lol

  7. #49
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    924
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HawkBear View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I do question why he never drafted a QB and my only thought is, at that point he either A. thought Cutler might be able to get it done or B. didn't want to create a QB controversy.

    Either way, doesn't make Pace a worse GM then Emery because he was saddled with a shit situation created by the former GM.
    Exactly. he too had false hopes like many bears fans that cutler might do better and he was right for one season with gase.

  8. #50
    Senior Member dabears70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    12,297
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HawkBear View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I do question why he never drafted a QB and my only thought is, at that point he either A. thought Cutler might be able to get it done or B. didn't want to create a QB controversy.

    Either way, doesn't make Pace a worse GM then Emery because he was saddled with a shit situation created by the former GM.

    But he did make attempts to trade up for M.Mariota and C.Wentz but the asking price was too high and when you're in a rebuild the last thing you wanna do is trade a bunch of valuable draft picks.

  9. #51
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    77

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shoopster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The fact that Ryan Pace is close enough in the neighborhood of Phil Emery for this question to be asked says all that needs to be said about the Pacester. If he's not as bad as Emery, he's close enough to be in the discussion. Is that good enough for Bears fans?

    It might be hard to acknowledge, but Pace has failed.
    Shoopster I think he could have picked a bright young coach instead of a conservative retread, but overall I give him a C for draft and the grade goes higher depending on Trubisky which I do like. Eddie Goldman, Floyd, Akiem Hicks, Pernell Mcphee if not injured were pretty good pickups.

  10. #52
    Senior Member Mongo_76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    7,523
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dabears70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pace can get out of the Glennon contract after this season but couldn't do that with Cutler for i think 5 of the 7 years.

    Who's worse now??
    Says the guy who spent the last 7 years building up industrial strength calluses on his knees swallowing potential Cutler babies...

  11. #53
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    924
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dabears70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    But he did make attempts to trade up for M.Mariota and C.Wentz but the asking price was too high and when you're in a rebuild the last thing you wanna do is trade a bunch of valuable draft picks.
    You might have a point if he didn't get fleeced by lynch in giving up valuable draft picks he didn't need to get guy that would been there at 3.

  12. #54
    Senior Member WindyCity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    19,371

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dabears70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's your opinion but that just means you're wrong to.

    How do you compare the two when one came in and did what Bears fans have been screaming for for years and do a rebuild and the other spent every but of cap he had in free agency. How do you compare the two?? Please explain?? Two different GM's with two totally different plans
    Both hired shitty coaches

    Both missed on too many free agents

  13. #55
    Senior Member JordanHoward24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    302

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Male View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He still shouldn't have been drafted. the bears could have kept marshall and filled another need. He unnecessarily created a need at wr when bears had one of the best corps in the league. Amari cooper was the best wr in the draft. If the bears really needed a wr he should have jumped the raiders to get him. He did that for trubs even though he didnt need too.
    I and many other people personally thought White was better than Cooper. White is bigger and he had that explosive Julio Jones like playmaking ability down field. I absolutely loved the pick, too bad it didn't work out.

    Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

  14. #56
    Senior Member WindyCity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    19,371

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dabears70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    But he did make attempts to trade up for M.Mariota and C.Wentz but the asking price was too high and when you're in a rebuild the last thing you wanna do is trade a bunch of valuable draft picks.
    There is not asking price to high for Carson Wentz.

    Being too scared to make a deal for the best young QB in football is not a positive.

  15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WindyCity For This Useful Post:


  16. #57
    Senior Member dabears70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    12,297
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WindyCity View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Both hired shitty coaches

    Both missed on too many free agents
    Did Pace hire his coach?? The fans with common sense know the truth so that means WRONGO doesn't have common sense.

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to dabears70 For This Useful Post:


  18. #58
    Senior Member dabears70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    12,297
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WindyCity View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There is not asking price to high for Carson Wentz.

    Being too scared to make a deal for the best young QB in football is not a positive.
    Oh no don't tell me you're also gonna use hindsight now?? Are you about to act like anyone knew Wentz would be this good cause you do know that would be a lie right?? He tried getting him in the draft not yesterday....SMDH

    Good talk guys but gotta go

  19. #59
    Senior Member Mongo_76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    7,523
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Male View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You might have a point if he didn't get fleeced by lynch in giving up valuable draft picks he didn't need to get guy that would been there at 3.
    We cannot say at this point he got fleeced.

    If Trubisky becomes a Franchise QB, he actually fleeced Lynch.

    The results so far are not looking great.

    But it's waaaaaay too early to say he got fleeced.

    What we can say is that if Trubisky was supposed to come in and light this bitch up, it hasn't happened and there is reason to worry.

  20. #60
    Senior Member Mongo_76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    7,523
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dabears70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Did Pace hire his coach?? The fans with common sense know the truth so that means WRONGO doesn't have common sense.
    Pace hired Fox.

    Black and fucking white.

    100% his final call.

    If he didn't want him, he would not be here.

  21. #61
    Senior Member Mongo_76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    7,523
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dabears70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oh no don't tell me you're also gonna use hindsight now?? Are you about to act like anyone knew Wentz would be this good cause you do know that would be a lie right?? He tried getting him in the draft not yesterday....SMDH

    Good talk guys but gotta go

    "Gotta go" take it up the ass from Jay or Ryan tonight?

  22. #62
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    77

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mongo_76 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We cannot say at this point he got fleeced.

    If Trubisky becomes a Franchise QB, he actually fleeced Lynch.

    The results so far are not looking great.

    But it's waaaaaay too early to say he got fleeced.

    What we can say is that if Trubisky was supposed to come in and light this bitch up, it hasn't happened and there is reason to worry.
    I like what trubisky has to offer and he does have the tools, we all know about the wr situation, but the O-line has not blocked great this year, Dale Loggins is one of the least creative offensive coaches there is. There was a big question mark with trubisky starting one season so will need more reps, but 49ers have yet to show anything so far with all the draft picks they've had. The key there their rebuilding will be Grappalo.

  23. #63
    cursed PrideisBears's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    atlanta land of the golf clap
    Posts
    21,562
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by westcoast bear fanatic View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pace has been better with the draft than Emery but so could a monkey with a dart board.

    Emery was more bold in FA.

    Pace gets the nod with HC for now because....well Trestman. But all eyes are on his next hire.
    You know fox has less wins right?
    Official Mongo for GM member

  24. #64
    Member Bronko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Merry Old Land of Oz
    Posts
    77
    Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mongo_76 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    True story, before the games the team allows people to hold field-sized the team flag (certain games when they introduce the players) and the american flag.

    Friends and family of team and HH staff are often invited as well as season club and suite holders. The Admins put this together and receive the names from the staff, workers, concierge emps, etc... It's been done that way for years.






    Game 1 of his first preseason, he asked for the list and wanted to know how they were selected. He then went through and crossed off names that he deemed "undeserving". IE he would cross off family of the team cafeteria workers, or HH cleaning crew...


    He was a real piece of shit.
    According to the US Flag Code, the US flag is never to be displayed held in a horizontal position like so many sports events like to do. Just FYI, everyone.

  25. #65
    Senior Member Mjiton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    518
    Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Male View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What about jeffry? You would rather see the shit they have now instead of trubisky throwing to jeffry. keep making excuses for pace's abysmal peformance. Fans like you are the reason mccaskeys get away with putting an inferior product year after year. I hope you enjoy being the browns.
    What about Jeffery.
    Pace didn't get rid of him. Jeffery was determined to get out.
    Jeffery took less money & a (then) 1 year deal to be anywhere but Chicago.
    Pace had a single option and that was to tag him for 1 year. And it is pretty certain
    a mysterious soft tissue injury would have arisen for that year.
    Best to let Jeffery walk.
    "Nothing is work unless you'd rather be doing something else."

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to Mjiton For This Useful Post:


  27. #66
    The World is Yours TonyMontana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,303
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mongo_76 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Joke? 1500 yards = joke...

    You're a fucking joke.





    Neither have Sayers or Butkus...

    Those guys are jokes too?




    Pace has a guy on the roster still who tried to fuck his team mates wife... And then he cut the guy who was upset about it and not the guy who tried to fuck his wife.

    Again, you're the joke around here.

    Or maybe you're cool with someone fucking your wife.

    Post a pic...
    He fits the profile of a cuck and posts like one as well. However, I don't think this guy even has a girlfriend much less a wife.
    I ain't never fucked over anybody in my life who didn't have it coming to them.

  28. A message from our sponsors.
    Please Register(it's free!) and Login to get rid of this advertisement.



    Do you want to advertise with ChiCitySports?
    Ranked #1 Chicagoland sports news and message board online.
    A great opportunity for advertising and exposure, with an active base of fresh consumers always looking for sports-related items and miscellaneous "guy stuff".
    Please go here if you are interested in a multitude of placements on this site.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •