Emery vs Pace

Kaufman20Embalm

Liked Posts:
Just heard Lance Briggs on the score completely tearing down the emery and treastman era. Regarding his restaurant that he missed practice for he said he had given them a legitimate reason of why he had to leave but still told them if they were not ok with it he would stay. They agreed that it was no problem and the proceeded to drag his name through the mud and throw him under the bus to the media.

He also stated that the players were coaching practice not the coaches. He ran the defensive practices and meetings like he was the coach.

There is absolutely no comparison between emery and pace. By all accounts Pace is great with people at all levels of the organization while Emery alienated everybody by thinking he was the smartest guy in the room. He even had to give a press conference after he was fired to reference some shitty folk song.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
Re-signing Cutler (to a huge contract that made him untradeable and too expensive to cut), was at least as big an Emery fuck up as hiring Trestman.

At the cost of the #2 overall pick, if Trubisky is not a top ten QB after three years then Pace will not have distinguished himself from Emery and should be looking for a new job.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
It's not even about who Emery hit on in the draft or who he brought in for free agency...There were 3 career defining moves that crippled the Bears organisation and the Bears are still feeling the effects to this day.

1. Re-signing Jay Cutler
2. Hiring Marc Trestman
3. The Brian Urlacher situation

Resigning Jay Cutler set this team back years. The Bears could have given at least 1 or maybe even 2 rookie QB's a shot in the time since resigning Jay. Instead we kept rolling out the walking turnover/leaderless QB every week hoping his dazzling arm strength could carry this team.

Trestman was not fit to be a HC. Probably a solid OC and offensive mind but his character was not indicative of being a leader of men.

The Urlacher situation I think showcased just how bad Emery handled things not only in this situation but also in various other situations.

Pace seems to be totally different and the only two things I can fault him on so far is the hiring of John Fox and the Alshon Jeffery situation and I am really not sure how much of a role he had with Ernie Accorsi in there suggesting to sign Fox.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Just heard Lance Briggs on the score completely tearing down the emery and treastman era. Regarding his restaurant that he missed practice for he said he had given them a legitimate reason of why he had to leave but still told them if they were not ok with it he would stay. They agreed that it was no problem and the proceeded to drag his name through the mud and throw him under the bus to the media.

He also stated that the players were coaching practice not the coaches. He ran the defensive practices and meetings like he was the coach.

There is absolutely no comparison between emery and pace. By all accounts Pace is great with people at all levels of the organization while Emery alienated everybody by thinking he was the smartest guy in the room. He even had to give a press conference after he was fired to reference some shitty folk song.

So you're saying Briggs can't coach.:rimshot:

mcbear34

Here for the Wins
Liked Posts:
Pace is better than fuck nuts Emery. But Pace has every right to go. The problem is bigger than Pace though. What we don't know is what upper management is doing to him, he is a young guy. Bottom Line is Teddy needs to go. He is the same denominator since Angelo.

Get rid of Teddy and let's see what we have in Pace.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
DeCastro and Jones were both on the board. Each of them carried much higher draft grades and both would have filled big needs too.

And Melvin Ingram was drafted one pick ahead.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:

did he tell the defense to pretend they're lambos and the ball carrier is a concrete barrier?

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
Getting a number two corner (quoting you) is a miss?

It's not about misses it about hits. I said Prince was serviceable (A starter, but nothing special). He can start but he isn't a "hit". He isn't knockin it dead out there.
Being an average starter isn't a miss. He isn't a #1 and honestly I'd rather have a better #2 than Prince. But in Fangio's D Prince is an average #2 if the pass rush is there. Right now it is M.I.A. and the secondary is gonna get lit up.

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Shea McClellin a 3-4 OLB would have been a reach even if the Bears were 3-4 at the time. But they were still 4-3. Horrible 1st round pick.
Kevin White may be Captain glass but hindsight is always 20/20. And was picked right where he was projected.
And technically is still on the team and while fans are done with him... there is still that 1 in 1 million chance he at least pans out to make the roster without any more injuries for awhile. While McClellin is gone.

Emery hit on Jeffery. Pace hit on Howard.
Emery hit on Long who is nearly as injury prone as White but at least plays and plays well.
Pace hit on Floyd who is while injured last year only got injured this year by Emery's other pick 14th overall Kyle Fuller.
Fuller has been overall a disappointment. with only flashes this year.
Emery picked Leno Jr who fans love to hate but has been serviceable must like Pace's boy Goldman.

Notables for Pace: Whitehair, Amos, Tarik Cohen, Trubisky who except Amos have arrows pointing up. Amos has been serviceable.

Emerys FA hits were what Willie Young, Jared Allen, Lamarr Houston, Jimmy Clausen?

Pace: Akiem Hicks! Freeman (sans his impediment), Trevathan, Unrein, Meredith undrafted FA

Safe to say what any should take from this is that both had hits and misses. But we can't forget that JA had some horrible misses, namely in the second and third I believe a few seasons after the superbowl. And those can set you back years in Development. And I don't think we can forget the get Emery got in round two who made the big hit and did nothing else after that... name escapes me... Pace at the very least I don't think has drafted as bad, but he has had fewer picks to prove himself right given this year there were only five... For the fact he is young, I kind of hope Pace don't get fired.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Both hired shitty coaches

Both missed on too many free agents

One orchestrated the worst coaching hire in potentially franchise history which lead to franchise Worsts on defense. The same guy totally flubbed his drafts.

The other had John Fox which has been more than rumored to a pick from ownership.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
He was hurt two thirds of last season and I think he started this season on injured reserve so I doubt he has contributed much. I don't remember anyone talking about him going where Emery picked him. I do remember peolple being shocked by it.
I think the actual words of my mouth were "who the fuck is that guy" something my wife could confirm.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Emery gave cutler what the market value for him was. It ended up backfiring but part of that was because trestman was so bad. Pace gave glennon 18 mill guaranteed when no one wanted him. Let that sink in.
Really? You just compared a boat anchor to a one year deal. Nice job. Sure Glennon bit ass this year, but tell me again how he is tied to us for three more years?

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Pace has some talent in the draft.

He has just sucked in every other area of his job,
I'll give you the coaching hire and the misses in free agency, but are you going to blame him for the injuries? Just curious.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I'll give you the coaching hire and the misses in free agency, but are you going to blame him for the injuries? Just curious.

It depends, McPhee, Royal, Wheaton had spent a ton of time banged up and injured in their careers. If you sign injured guys I do not think you get a pass when they get injured.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
One orchestrated the worst coaching hire in potentially franchise history which lead to franchise Worsts on defense. The same guy totally flubbed his drafts.

The other had John Fox which has been more than rumored to a pick from ownership.

John Fox is the worst coach in Bears history, that is a statistical fact.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
It's not about misses it about hits. I said Prince was serviceable (A starter, but nothing special). He can start but he isn't a "hit". He isn't knockin it dead out there.
Being an average starter isn't a miss. He isn't a #1 and honestly I'd rather have a better #2 than Prince. But in Fangio's D Prince is an average #2 if the pass rush is there. Right now it is M.I.A. and the secondary is gonna get lit up.

Without a pass rush any secondary is going to get lit up.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Out of the previous three pace is the worst. The record speaks for itself. Pace has the worst record of the past three gms. Fox's best record was in 2015 with most of emery's team. It's easy to blame the coach for all the problems but pace is at fault. Fox has had some good seasons in his career with good players something he lacks in his time in chicago. This team has no talent and all the good players that bears had pace got rid of them so he can sign his bad players. He got rid of gould, marshall, bennet and jeffry and has signed bad players like glennon. His drafting is pretty poor. In 3 drafts he has only found one probowler. Far less than JA and emery. Pace is the worst of the 3 but fanboys dont want to admit it.
delete you account now!!! record? When Emery came aboard, he had way more, ay more talent on board then when Pace arrived. And Pace's drafting is way better

Sent from my RCT6703W13 using Tapatalk

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Joke? 1500 yards = joke...

You're a fucking joke.

Neither have Sayers or Butkus...

Those guys are jokes too?

Pace has a guy on the roster still who tried to fuck his team mates wife... And then he cut the guy who was upset about it and not the guy who tried to fuck his wife.

Again, you're the joke around here.

Or maybe you're cool with someone fucking your wife.

Post a pic...
Only joke is you. I've been reading your uneducated football for how many fucking years now. I would think by now you would actually have learned something about football, but NOPE!!!

Sent from my RCT6703W13 using Tapatalk