Close

Poll: Who do you want the Bears to hire as Head Coach for 2018 and beyond?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCity View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you listen to the Tribune Podcast they make some compelling arguement as about why the Bears job won't be as coveted as we may think.
    We? I’m not a ‘we’.

This franchise has been a perennial bottom feeder for the last 3 decades (10 winning seasons in the last 27 yrs lol). They are currently in a 3 year rebuild that is going backwards. They have several starting players that are FAs next year. They have a ownership and president who are clueless. They play on a shit field with a terrible climate. They have a GM who can’t evalute FA talent. They have a QB that is in place regardless if the new coach likes him.

Bears will not get the pick of the litter.

2. A message from our sponsors.

Please Register(it's free!) and Login to get rid of this advertisement.

LMAO! Of course the voting leader is the guy the Bears have zero chance at getting. Josh McDaniels is going to NY guaranteed. He gets to stay on the east coast, he’ll either have GM powers or pick his GM, he will be able to hand pick his QB in the draft, and the Giants actually have a ton of young talent.

I’ll take whichever one of these young offensive minds comes with Mike Pettine, which is probably Matt Nagy or Defilippo.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicago Staleys View Post
    We? Im not a we.

This franchise has been a perennial bottom feeder for the last 3 decades (10 winning seasons in the last 27 yrs lol). They are currently in a 3 year rebuild that is going backwards. They have several starting players that are FAs next year. They have an ownership and president who are clueless. They play on a shit field with a terrible climate. They have a GM how cant evalute FA talent. They have a QB that is in place regardless if the new coach likes him.

Bears will not get the pick of the litter.
    They have had the pick of the litter for every hire opportunity the last 25 years and let said coach leave the building and end up hiring the wrong guy.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wild_x_Card For This Useful Post:

Who is "Uncle" Ernie's choice? . . .
    . . . there are things about the Bears known and unknown and in between are the doors the shoopster walks through . . .

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Monsieur Tirets View Post
    i really dont know why people are so high on mcdaniels. his lack of success with the broncos isnt the issue, so much as how he failed there. he was something of a joke and im not sure his personality has changed much. also im not that impressed by an OC having success with the greatest QB of all time.
    The man ego is so large he drafted Tebow in the first.

He can stay with the Pats
    Last edited by PrideisBears; 12-07-2017 at 12:40 AM.
    Official Mongo for GM member

Quote Originally Posted by shoopster View Post
    Who is "Uncle" Ernie's choice? . . .
    He likes to pick awful coaches with a lot of coaching experience but no results

So Marvin Lewis
    Official Mongo for GM member

Quote Originally Posted by PrideisBears View Post
    The man who is so large he drafted Tebow in the first.

He can stay with the Pats
    People forget that McDaniels was also the OC of the historically terrible 2011 Rams offense.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by ob1force View Post
    I feel like a quite a few people don't want Gruden.

Mainly due to the fact that no NFL head coach has been able to win Super Bowl's with 2 different teams. But I always hated that "reason" because it doesn't mean it's impossible.

Gruden can flat out coach but I do worry about him being away from the game for so long. Last time he coached was freakin' 2008. I know he still lives and breathes football but damn it's been nearly a decade.

If it were to happen, I'd be absolutely pumped about it. Coordinators will be lining up to join him. There will be some buzz back in the city and the media will freakin' love us. Look at how they slurp over their boy John Lynch over at SF; he's the greatest GM of all time already lol.
    just for the record, tampa was the laughing stock of the league till gruden turned them around, he went to oakland, who had some really bad teams, turned them around. even though he's been out of coaching for a while, don't mean he forgot lol. at the point this team is and has been, we need a guy who can fix everything. i believe that guy is john gruden. pace, macasky's and sweaty teddy could not question his abilities. lynch was out of football for a bit, n look at his gig now lol. i don't like mcdaniels either, heck i would rather have NE's DC patricia before mcdaniels. problem is, we need a good O coach, who can bring in a good DC. so again, if john gruden is available for coaching next year, well he's my guy. he would also bring in some good coaches. i also believe he could beat GB everytime we see them to lol. he came from the same coaching regime back in the day as the coach for GB did.

Quote Originally Posted by HAVOCONE View Post
    just for the record, tampa was the laughing stock of the league till gruden turned them around, he went to oakland, who had some really bad teams, turned them around. even though he's been out of coaching for a while, don't mean he forgot lol. at the point this team is and has been, we need a guy who can fix everything. i believe that guy is john gruden. pace, macasky's and sweaty teddy could not question his abilities. lynch was out of football for a bit, n look at his gig now lol. i don't like mcdaniels either, heck i would rather have NE's DC patricia before mcdaniels. problem is, we need a good O coach, who can bring in a good DC. so again, if john gruden is available for coaching next year, well he's my guy. he would also bring in some good coaches. i also believe he could beat GB everytime we see them to lol. he came from the same coaching regime back in the day as the coach for GB did.
    That was Dungy who turned the Bucs around. Gruden helped get them a SB win, but Dungy turned them from shit to a pretty good team.

Sports Logo

I don't study other teams coaches nor do I have insider info into their particular situations.
    I can only say what I believe the Bears need in a HC. Standard stuff actually.

The HC needs to coordinate the teams coaches.
    Have a vision of the team that aligns with his coaches & GM.
    He needs to have the ability to pick coaches that excel at their job.
    A good continuity thing to have is if they have a good system that the HC knows & understands the
    framework of that system enough to keep it intact between coaching changes.

It's up to the GM to scout out those qualities.
    "Nothing is work unless you'd rather be doing something else."

Umm did you know that Dungy was there before Gruden. That Gruden inherited Dungy’s team and made it to the Super Bowl in the first year then it all started to fall apart.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Chicago Staleys For This Useful Post:

I've always had a hard-on for Chris Petersen since his Boise State days. He'd be my top choice although he likely stays in college.

Honestly, I'm not too crazy about any of the current NFL assistants at the moment.

Shurmur and Nagy seem to be good. McDaniels is high risk high reward. Harold Goodwin is a under the radar candidate from ARI that I like. Other than that, no one else excites me.

Ben McDaniels is the quality control coach for us, So if Josh is interviewed here he would have a good understanding on whats going on with the organization.

Josh McDaniels is not coming here to work for a 36 lose GM.

The Giants will let him pick his QB and pick his GM.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I had given Shurmur zero thought before today but have heard them talking about him down here in Dallas on the radio this morning and saw a Bears article on him today as well. Apparently he is a hot name now.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BaBaBlacksheep View Post
    I had given Shurmur zero thought before today but have heard them talking about him down here in Dallas on the radio this morning and saw a Bears article on him today as well. Apparently he is a hot name now.
    He has a good track record and is kicking ass with Case Keenum as his QB this year.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to dennehy For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Umm did you know that Dungy was there before Gruden. That Gruden inherited Dungy’s team and made it to the Super Bowl in the first year then it all started to fall apart.
    yes, i know, lovie was there to . who did the work in oakland when gruden went there? after tampa ofcaorse. the bears don't care what we think or how we feel, but i believe john gruden, if he's able to coach would be my pick. again, he come from the same coaching regime mike mccarthy did. look what that guy has done in GB.

yes, i know, lovie was there to . who did the work in oakland when gruden went there? after tampa ofcaorse. the bears don't care what we think or how we feel, but i believe john gruden, if he's able to coach would be my pick. again, he come from the same coaching regime mike mccarthy did. look what that guy has done in GB.
    Apparently you don’t know because you said Gruden turned around TB, which in fact, is completely wrong.

Sports Logo

Apparently you don’t know because you said Gruden turned around TB, which in fact, is completely wrong.
    Well dungy did put things together, but who won the super bowl after he was let go? i guess the same can be said about fox (denver), right? anywho, i would be happy to have gruden here, and i know he could fix the team, but i/we all know the bears org. does what it wants. i know fox can build a good team, it just takes him a long time. heck dungy was in tampa, what 5 yrs? fox been here i think 3 now. talent isn't always our problem, it's all the injuries we have. we need someone to better condition the team. we will see what happens. but i would be thrilled to have a guy like gruden. we havnt had a coach in many many years that seems to care.

other...

where the fuck is lafleur?

Sports Logo

Ok, I've been doing a little more research. I'm completely on board the John DeFilippo for HC bandwagon. He's a young, bright offensive-minded coach. He's got a great track record with QB's and he has a year of play-calling experience while in Cleveland. Out of all the talked about HC candidates, this guy looks to be the closest thing to a Sean McVay.

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/te...0-e3676aa9ff95

https://youtu.be/XA5qV0e3UTA

https://youtu.be/HsY9z4p8cUk

https://youtu.be/lTYBkDPde5M

Eagles quarterback coach John DeFilippo, working in the background of traditionalists Doug Pederson and Frank Reich, is an obvious candidate for quick promotion. The 39-year-old Coach Flip has played a major role in developing Derek Carr and Carson Wentz, with an attempt to reach Johnny Manziel sandwiched in between, which no-doubt imparted some coaching life lessons. Who do you want nurturing your young quarterback: DeFilippo or someone who will scream at him for not being Tom Brady?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...gain-and-again
    NFL Network analyst Brian Baldinger had high praise for Flip recently:

NFL Network analyst Brian Baldinger suggested Eagles quarterbacks coach John DeFilippo, 39, is a rising star. The Eagles blocked the Jets from hiring him as their offensive coordinator in January. Is he ready for the next step, which is more like a leap?

“That’s the guy,” Baldinger said last week before calling the Bears-Eagles game. “Sharp, sharp, really sharp. Like he’s the smartest guy in the room. He would be unbelievable with a young quarterback. Everywhere he’s been Flip has been good. High energy, nonstop. If you’re looking, he’s head coach material. He’s like McVay.”
    I think Flip would be a perfect match for what Ryan Pace is looking for.

My pick for OC would be NY Giants OC Mike Sullivan.
    http://www.giants.com/team/coaches/M...d-b7a8879136c0

http://www.giants.com/videos/videos/...0-3a86e318294e

Both Flip & Sullivan worked under Tom Coughlin during the mid-2000's. Sullivan was on Coughlin's staff during both of their Super Bowl wins. Both are highly-respected, high-character men, which is very important to Ryan Pace. Sullivan was tutored by Kevin Gilbride while he was with NYG. When Sullivan became the OC for the Tampa Bay Bucs, he ran that same offense which features a power running game with play-action vertical routes. He was very successful in his first year in Tampa till the team's wheels fell off the following year.

And check out these nuggets about Sullivan:

Sullivan was a defensive back at Army, where he received a Bachelor of Science degree in 1989. He also has a master’s degree from Humboldt State. Sullivan is a graduate of the U.S. Army Airborne, Ranger and Air Assault schools.

During his first stint with the Giants, Sullivan earned his Blue Belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.

My pick for DC is either Chuck Pagano or Mike Pettine. Both run an aggressive 3-4. Pettine hired Flip for OC while he was the HC in Cleveland. Both have HC experience as well. I could be wrong, but at least with Pagano, I don't think they'd run the risk of losing him to be a HC again somewhere. I think Pagano is at the point in his career where being a DC is as high as he'll go. Pettine is out of the league this year. Even if he became DC and was very successful, I'm not sure he'd get HC looks either.

I think hiring either of these guys would allow Flip to let them run the show on defense so Flip can focus on the offense. Much like Wade Phillips in LA. Plus, with both of them having HC experience, they could help Flip through that process when needed.

TL;DR

HC: John DeFilippo
    OC: Mike Sullivan
    DC: Chuck Pagano or Mike Pettine

26. A message from our sponsors.
    Please Register(it's free!) and Login to get rid of this advertisement.

Do you want to advertise with ChiCitySports?
    Ranked #1 Chicagoland sports news and message board online.
    A great opportunity for advertising and exposure, with an active base of fresh consumers always looking for sports-related items and miscellaneous "guy stuff".
    Please go here if you are interested in a multitude of placements on this site.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123