** The Hunt for a New Head Coach ** [POLL]

Who do you want the Bears to hire as Head Coach for 2018 and beyond?

• Jim Harbaugh

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • Matt Nagy

Votes: 4 6.6%
  • Pete Carmichael (NERD)

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • John DeFilippo

• Frank Reich

Votes: 3 4.9%
  • Josh McDaniels

Votes: 9 14.8%
  • Pat Shurmur

Votes: 6 9.8%
  • Dave Toub

• Other (explain in comments)

Votes: 8 13.1%

• Total voters

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
If you listen to the Tribune Podcast they make some compelling arguement as about why the Bears job won't be as coveted as we may think.
I've heard them all. At the end of the day they don't matter. Coaches love to coach. Coordinators looking to break out jump at HC opportunities. It's easy to sit back as a fan and pick at this or that but these guys are looking to breakout and get paid.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Who really knows when it comes to these coordinators. Outside of Carmichael who is Trestman 2.0 we really have no idea what kind of HC any of these guys will be.

I would roll with Harbaugh as my first choice because I think it will take a head strong guy with pelts on the wall and some team history to command the respect of the owners and have them sign the checks and otherwise stay the hell away. I realize that would require him leaving Michigan which is unlikely.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
If you listen to the Tribune Podcast they make some compelling arguement as about why the Bears job won't be as coveted as we may think.

We? I’m not a ‘we’.

This franchise has been a perennial bottom feeder for the last 3 decades (10 winning seasons in the last 27 yrs lol). They are currently in a 3 year rebuild that is going backwards. They have several starting players that are FAs next year. They have a ownership and president who are clueless. They play on a shit field with a terrible climate. They have a GM who can’t evalute FA talent. They have a QB that is in place regardless if the new coach likes him.

Bears will not get the pick of the litter.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
LMAO! Of course the voting leader is the guy the Bears have zero chance at getting. Josh McDaniels is going to NY guaranteed. He gets to stay on the east coast, he’ll either have GM powers or pick his GM, he will be able to hand pick his QB in the draft, and the Giants actually have a ton of young talent.

I’ll take whichever one of these young offensive minds comes with Mike Pettine, which is probably Matt Nagy or Defilippo.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
We? I’m not a ‘we’.

This franchise has been a perennial bottom feeder for the last 3 decades (10 winning seasons in the last 27 yrs lol). They are currently in a 3 year rebuild that is going backwards. They have several starting players that are FAs next year. They have an ownership and president who are clueless. They play on a shit field with a terrible climate. They have a GM how can’t evalute FA talent. They have a QB that is in place regardless if the new coach likes him.

Bears will not get the pick of the litter.

They have had the pick of the litter for every hire opportunity the last 25 years and let said coach leave the building and end up hiring the wrong guy.

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
Who is "Uncle" Ernie's choice? . . .

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
i really dont know why people are so high on mcdaniels. his lack of success with the broncos isnt the issue, so much as how he failed there. he was something of a joke and im not sure his personality has changed much. also im not that impressed by an OC having success with the greatest QB of all time.

The man ego is so large he drafted Tebow in the first.

He can stay with the Pats

Last edited:

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Who is "Uncle" Ernie's choice? . . .

He likes to pick awful coaches with a lot of coaching experience but no results

So Marvin Lewis

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The man who is so large he drafted Tebow in the first.

He can stay with the Pats

People forget that McDaniels was also the OC of the historically terrible 2011 Rams offense.

HAVOCONE

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I feel like a quite a few people don't want Gruden.

Mainly due to the fact that no NFL head coach has been able to win Super Bowl's with 2 different teams. But I always hated that "reason" because it doesn't mean it's impossible.

Gruden can flat out coach but I do worry about him being away from the game for so long. Last time he coached was freakin' 2008. I know he still lives and breathes football but damn it's been nearly a decade.

If it were to happen, I'd be absolutely pumped about it. Coordinators will be lining up to join him. There will be some buzz back in the city and the media will freakin' love us. Look at how they slurp over their boy John Lynch over at SF; he's the greatest GM of all time already lol.

just for the record, tampa was the laughing stock of the league till gruden turned them around, he went to oakland, who had some really bad teams, turned them around. even though he's been out of coaching for a while, don't mean he forgot lol. at the point this team is and has been, we need a guy who can fix everything. i believe that guy is john gruden. pace, macasky's and sweaty teddy could not question his abilities. lynch was out of football for a bit, n look at his gig now lol. i don't like mcdaniels either, heck i would rather have NE's DC patricia before mcdaniels. problem is, we need a good O coach, who can bring in a good DC. so again, if john gruden is available for coaching next year, well he's my guy. he would also bring in some good coaches. i also believe he could beat GB everytime we see them to lol. he came from the same coaching regime back in the day as the coach for GB did.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
just for the record, tampa was the laughing stock of the league till gruden turned them around, he went to oakland, who had some really bad teams, turned them around. even though he's been out of coaching for a while, don't mean he forgot lol. at the point this team is and has been, we need a guy who can fix everything. i believe that guy is john gruden. pace, macasky's and sweaty teddy could not question his abilities. lynch was out of football for a bit, n look at his gig now lol. i don't like mcdaniels either, heck i would rather have NE's DC patricia before mcdaniels. problem is, we need a good O coach, who can bring in a good DC. so again, if john gruden is available for coaching next year, well he's my guy. he would also bring in some good coaches. i also believe he could beat GB everytime we see them to lol. he came from the same coaching regime back in the day as the coach for GB did.

That was Dungy who turned the Bucs around. Gruden helped get them a SB win, but Dungy turned them from shit to a pretty good team.

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
I don't study other teams coaches nor do I have insider info into their particular situations.
I can only say what I believe the Bears need in a HC. Standard stuff actually.

The HC needs to coordinate the teams coaches.
Have a vision of the team that aligns with his coaches & GM.
He needs to have the ability to pick coaches that excel at their job.
A good continuity thing to have is if they have a good system that the HC knows & understands the
framework of that system enough to keep it intact between coaching changes.

It's up to the GM to scout out those qualities.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:

Umm did you know that Dungy was there before Gruden. That Gruden inherited Dungy’s team and made it to the Super Bowl in the first year then it all started to fall apart.

ob1force

Liked Posts:
I've always had a hard-on for Chris Petersen since his Boise State days. He'd be my top choice although he likely stays in college.

Honestly, I'm not too crazy about any of the current NFL assistants at the moment.

Shurmur and Nagy seem to be good. McDaniels is high risk high reward. Harold Goodwin is a under the radar candidate from ARI that I like. Other than that, no one else excites me.

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
Ben McDaniels is the quality control coach for us, So if Josh is interviewed here he would have a good understanding on whats going on with the organization.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Josh McDaniels is not coming here to work for a 36 lose GM.

The Giants will let him pick his QB and pick his GM.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I had given Shurmur zero thought before today but have heard them talking about him down here in Dallas on the radio this morning and saw a Bears article on him today as well. Apparently he is a hot name now.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I had given Shurmur zero thought before today but have heard them talking about him down here in Dallas on the radio this morning and saw a Bears article on him today as well. Apparently he is a hot name now.

He has a good track record and is kicking ass with Case Keenum as his QB this year.