Close
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Draft a top QB early

I think the Bears should draft a QB early. I know most won't like me saying this but QB is just that important. To push Mitch, to have a real backup, to give the new staff a option, to work with 2 young guns doubles our chances at the 1 position that will make or break Pace and the new staff. I know we have a lot of needs but role players won't change our direction, QB will. It's time to overinvest at one position. Nothing will ever change for this franchise until we get a true QB. I believe Trubs is that guy but I also believe in hoping for the best and preparing for the worst. We don't know for sure Trubs is the man and even if he is, one injury could derail that. If we get a offensive minded HC then getting a second young QB to grow under him would pay big dividends down the road in having a extra QB to use or trade as this team gets to PO level of play. This is a QB league and only a QB can right this ship. You can add a top WR OLB CB T C and it won't matter if the QB play is not good. I believe in Trubs but I also believe in having a plan B. Go ahead and rail on me about all our other needs but you and I know that no other position but QB will change this franchise's direction.
    Change is the only true constant, well that and the ole lady bitchin.

2. A message from our sponsors.

Please Register(it's free!) and Login to get rid of this advertisement.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Noonthirtyjoe For This Useful Post:

Dude, Pace just used the #3 overall pick, two 3rd round picks, and a 4th round pick on a QB. And he burned $18 mil of Virginia’s money on another QB.

The Bears have no wide receivers and the offensive line is falling apart. You do realize that only 1 QB can play at a time, right?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I agree. It's not ridiculous to draft a qb if he is bpa. It's like when the bears also signed glennon while drafting a qb. If Mtich is good you can trade the qb but if he is bad you have a fall back option. Pace should draft a qb every year like he said he would. The packers drafted a lot of qbs when they had farve.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Alpha Male For This Useful Post:

Will a WR or Oline guy change the franchise?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm fine with drafting another QB but no way do i do it any earlier then the 4th round. As has been talked about on here, the Bears need to get some play makers on this team and we could get two with our 1st and 2nd round picks and we don't have a 3rd this year so no way do i use our 1st or 2nd on one. Even if we did do a trade down in the 1st and got a 3rd from it i still wouldn't use that 3rd on a QB.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dabears70 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Noonthirtyjoe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    With a new coach, a full offseason for Trubisky and getting the players currently under contract healthy, hell yes it could...

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to legendxofxlink For This Useful Post:

Well if could is the key word then Trubs could break a arm or flame out. What then? Sancheese to the rescue. We need a second young QB to be groomed under a offensive minded HC. Lets take advantage of bringing in a QB whisperer. All I'm saying is a QB and only a QB will fix this team. Every other position is secondary.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Noonthirtyjoe For This Useful Post:

Well if could is the key word then Trubs could break a arm or flame out. What then? Sancheese to the rescue. We need a second young QB to be groomed under a offensive minded HC. Lets take advantage of bringing in a QB whisperer. All I'm saying is a QB and only a QB will fix this team. Every other position is secondary.
    Pace will be fired and a new GM and coach will want to pick their own guy.

If Trubisky does not work out then this regime is gone.

They need to do everything in their power to make sure Trubisky is a star and that would be investing around him.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WindyCity For This Useful Post:

More than a backup QB

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WindyCity For This Useful Post:

While Trubisky is so green and up in the air, I agree that it would be nice to have a contingency plan, but I don't trust Pace to draft one. His two major QB decisions so far ($18m on Glennon, and passing on Watson) don't instill much of my trust in his ability to evaluate the position.

He should be left to sink or swim with Trubisky. If it works out, great. If it doesn't, then he's 0 for 2 and I want a new GM drafting the next QB.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bearmick For This Useful Post:

More then a backup?? really tell the Redskins that. Tell me who is gonna throw to the wr when Mitch gets hurt. Pace's job is to make the Bears better and having a second QB is good insurance. I get building around Trubs and I think that is what will happen but that can be done and a second promising QB to boot. If we land a offensive minded HC-OC then grooming a second guy would be using the new staff fully and correctly. If my job was on the line then having 2 shots to get it right would be my priority. We have a whole draft and FA to work with. Both can be done. Very few QBs play 16 games a year.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

If the bears have a high draft pick and decided to trade down to get more picks, then sure draft a qb in 2nd or 3rd round. I’m only saying it if they have extra picks. Otherwise the Bears need receiving, oline l, and olb help.

I agree with most, no QB early, it would undermine Trubs confidence, Fox is already done enough damage.

No earlier than the 3rd round if at all.

I'm ok with Sanchez as the Back-up next year.
    FireFox!!

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mdbearz For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Actually yes they will because along with better coaching they will make the most important guy on our offense, who we just drafted this year, better.

And if the most important guy gets hurt or flops? I look at the Redskins as why I don't want all my eggs in one basket.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Noonthirtyjoe For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

If things were to stay as they are what value would you be able to get for a number 5 pick?

And if Rosen and Darnold both go in the first four picks does that significantly devalue the fifth pick next year??

Appreciate there's a long way to go and we could be picking anywhere from third to tenth depending on the last few games.

Look I'm not saying use our first pick but get a mid round QB to back up Trubs. If the new staff is based on who can develop a young QB then it makes sense to get a second young QB.

Look I'm not saying use our first pick but get a mid round QB to back up Trubs. If the new staff is based on who can develop a young QB then it makes sense to get a second young QB.
    Your thread title says draft a QB early. This post says mid round. Make up your mind...

30. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to BaBaBlacksheep For This Useful Post:

I know that 11 QBs lining up on 1st down would.
    Stupid wall will never keep out aliens. Try to get in to this!
    Hidden Content

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Bearly For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Bearly View Post
    I know that 11 QBs lining up on 1st down would.
    Fox would still run on first down.

34. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BaBaBlacksheep For This Useful Post:

QB is never BPA after 3. Teams get lucky with later picks but that a fact. It's insane to take a QB in one. Even if one fell to where he wasn't BPA but still a reasonable value, it would be time to parlay that into more picks. The only way I take a QB early one is to hold him ransom and call other teams bluff on a guy that I assume will give a lot of return on trade.
    That said, I have no issue in taking one after 2. I once used the expression 'after 2' on another board and was accused of meaning the second pick. To be clear, I mean after the 2nd round and to be honest, I think our early 3rd is too soon unless it's a very odd draft.
    Stupid wall will never keep out aliens. Try to get in to this!
    Hidden Content

the cowboys drafted aikman and had steve walsh....the 9'ers got Steve Young while they still had Montana....the Pats draft qb's just to farm them and flip them...they are commoditys..it's dumb to just lean on one, they need to change the way they are looking at it.

37. A message from our sponsors.
    Please Register(it's free!) and Login to get rid of this advertisement.

Do you want to advertise with ChiCitySports?
    Ranked #1 Chicagoland sports news and message board online.
    A great opportunity for advertising and exposure, with an active base of fresh consumers always looking for sports-related items and miscellaneous "guy stuff".
    Please go here if you are interested in a multitude of placements on this site.
  38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TexasBearfan For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast