Close
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 23 to 44 of 106
  1. #23
    Senior Member BaBaBlacksheep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    14,118
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    I'm fine taking a QB. Certainly not in round 1 though.

    That being said I'm a Trubisky believer so I'd rather see:

    1. Tackle
    2. Pass rush (or flip round one and two)
    3. WR
    4. WR
    5. Guard
    6. Kicker

    Or something like that and sign the best WR available in free agency.

  2. A message from our sponsors.


    Please Register(it's free!) and Login to get rid of this advertisement.


  3. #24
    Monday Morning QB playthrough2001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    United Club
    Posts
    3,108
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BaBaBlacksheep View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm fine taking a QB. Certainly not in round 1 though.

    That being said I'm a Trubisky believer so I'd rather see:

    1. Tackle
    2. Pass rush (or flip round one and two)
    3. WR
    4. WR
    5. Guard
    6. Kicker

    Or something like that and sign the best WR available in free agency.
    1. Chubb or Key - Edge
    2. Miller or Kirk - WR
    Grab Robinson or Watkins and pair them with someone like Richardson in free agency. Keep Inman and Meredith...
    Look for o-lineman in the 4th round... (two picks)

  4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to playthrough2001 For This Useful Post:


  5. #25
    Senior Member dbldrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noonthirtyjoe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Will a WR or Oline guy change the franchise?
    Yes.. absolutely. Every QB is going to need protection and someone to throw it to..

    We need to draft a tackle in the first..

    Sent from my Z988 using Tapatalk

  6. #26
    Senior Member MojoRisin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Nort' of Milwaukee Hey
    Posts
    2,081
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    I'm all for drafting one every year until we get it right. Pace can't afford to use early picks at QB though. The team is swiss cheese in every area but RB and DL. Perhaps he can strike gold in a later round? I know, I know. Those things happen for other teams but not us. Maybe a solid backup can be developed.

  7. #27
    Senior Member KoeranBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    434

    Default

    By early I'm thinking you mean 1st or 2nd round...

    So draft a QB in the 1st or 2nd, and if he still doesn't work out then what? Draft another in 2019, 2020, 2021?
    I'm all for drafting one in the later rounds to see if they get lucky, but this is ridiculous.

    Give Mitch 2 more years, and if he still don't work then Bears get a new GM.

  8. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    577

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noonthirtyjoe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think the Bears should draft a QB early. I know most won't like me saying this but QB is just that important. To push Mitch, to have a real backup, to give the new staff a option, to work with 2 young guns doubles our chances at the 1 position that will make or break Pace and the new staff. I know we have a lot of needs but role players won't change our direction, QB will. It's time to overinvest at one position. Nothing will ever change for this franchise until we get a true QB. I believe Trubs is that guy but I also believe in hoping for the best and preparing for the worst. We don't know for sure Trubs is the man and even if he is, one injury could derail that. If we get a offensive minded HC then getting a second young QB to grow under him would pay big dividends down the road in having a extra QB to use or trade as this team gets to PO level of play. This is a QB league and only a QB can right this ship. You can add a top WR OLB CB T C and it won't matter if the QB play is not good. I believe in Trubs but I also believe in having a plan B. Go ahead and rail on me about all our other needs but you and I know that no other position but QB will change this franchise's direction.

    Usually, I would say you are crazy, but nothing about Trubisky that I have seen is "special". Not his arm, not his decisions, definitely not his footwork. So I would not be opposed to drafting a Darnold or Rosen at the top of the draft or even Lamar Jackson later. This organization is going nowhere anytime soon, but a really great qb would speed up the rebuild process and if Trubisky actually turns the corner and shows he's legit next year, you could swap the qb drafted for some picks.

  9. #29
    Senior Member SlickWilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    The land of Big Red
    Posts
    1,956
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noonthirtyjoe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And if the most important guy gets hurt or flops? I look at the Redskins as why I don't want all my eggs in one basket.
    That's called football. You can't control injuries. Drafting a QB early doesn't guarantee a good back up. Most very good to elite QB's have a considerable decline as their back-up. That's the way it goes. Has Kirk Cousins led the Redskins to any championships? You're living in a dream land if you think you can keep two starting caliber QB's on your roster for very long.

  10. #30
    Senior Member Noonthirtyjoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2,197

    Default

    Yes draft one every year until we get it right. Yes Mitch deserves atleast 2 more years but why wait on getting a second QB? could we not have one groomed by then just incase we need one. Look at any top team and they all invest in the QB position. None sit on their asses and say let's wait two years to see if our guy works out. Only a handful of QBs work out, even first rd QBs. To not have a plan B is criminal. Everybody wants this franchise to turn things around but most don't want to make the investment it takes.
    Change is the only true constant, well that and the ole lady bitchin.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Noonthirtyjoe For This Useful Post:


  12. #31
    Senior Member SlickWilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    The land of Big Red
    Posts
    1,956
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noonthirtyjoe;2913294[SIZE=5
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ]Look I'm not saying use our first pick but get a mid round QB[/SIZE] to back up Trubs. If the new staff is based on who can develop a young QB then it makes sense to get a second young QB.
    That's not an early pick like your title says.

  13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SlickWilly For This Useful Post:


  14. #32
    CCS Donator BearFanJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    2,479

    Default

    Too many needs to draft QB earlier than 4 or 5. QB is not a need.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to BearFanJohn For This Useful Post:


  16. #33
    what the whaaaaat? xer0h0ur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Chicago, IL.
    Posts
    14,943
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bearmick View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    While Trubisky is so green and up in the air, I agree that it would be nice to have a contingency plan, but I don't trust Pace to draft one. His two major QB decisions so far ($18m on Glennon, and passing on Watson) don't instill much of my trust in his ability to evaluate the position.

    He should be left to sink or swim with Trubisky. If it works out, great. If it doesn't, then he's 0 for 2 and I want a new GM drafting the next QB.
    You truly are either trolling or football retarded. If Ryan Pace had drafted Watson (Which you and I both know I also wanted) he would right now be crucified by the fans because of the knee injury. There isn't a fucking chance in hell that EVERYONE in the media wouldn't be calling for Pace's head on a silver platter because of what happened with Kevin White then going out and drafting a quarterback with an established injury history who then went on to fuck up his knee. Seriously eat a bag of dicks.

  17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xer0h0ur For This Useful Post:


  18. #34
    Captain Objectivity bearmick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    24,993

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xer0h0ur View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You truly are either trolling or football retarded. If Ryan Pace had drafted Watson (Which you and I both know I also wanted) he would right now be crucified by the fans because of the knee injury. There isn't a fucking chance in hell that EVERYONE in the media wouldn't be calling for Pace's head on a silver platter because of what happened with Kevin White then going out and drafting a quarterback with an established injury history who then went on to fuck up his knee. Seriously eat a bag of dicks.
    Goodness me. Re-read your post and ask yourself why you take Bears football so seriously as to be this angry.

    As to the point, I disagree. Watson is an exciting enough player that a non-contact knee injury wouldn't extinguish the optimism fans would have. At least he's a proven game changer. As it stands, we don't know if we have that. If we don't, and another one is needed, I don't trust Pace to pick him.

  19. #35
    cursed PrideisBears's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    atlanta land of the golf clap
    Posts
    21,562
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BaBaBlacksheep View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Your thread title says draft a QB early. This post says mid round. Make up your mind...
    Early mid round?
    Official Mongo for GM member

  20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PrideisBears For This Useful Post:


  21. #36
    cursed PrideisBears's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    atlanta land of the golf clap
    Posts
    21,562
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xer0h0ur View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You truly are either trolling or football retarded. If Ryan Pace had drafted Watson (Which you and I both know I also wanted) he would right now be crucified by the fans because of the knee injury. There isn't a fucking chance in hell that EVERYONE in the media wouldn't be calling for Pace's head on a silver platter because of what happened with Kevin White then going out and drafting a quarterback with an established injury history who then went on to fuck up his knee. Seriously eat a bag of dicks.
    I agree. We should have kept Cutler
    Official Mongo for GM member

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to PrideisBears For This Useful Post:


  23. #37
    Senior Member Noonthirtyjoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2,197

    Default

    Let me define early. I would trade down with our first and get some extra picks and use one of our top 3 picks at QB.
    Change is the only true constant, well that and the ole lady bitchin.

  24. #38
    Senior Member BaBaBlacksheep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    14,118
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noonthirtyjoe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Let me define early. I would trade down with our first and get some extra picks and use one of our top 3 picks at QB.
    Yes, when I read early I always assume it means trade down and use one of the top 3 picks.

  25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BaBaBlacksheep For This Useful Post:


  26. #39
    Senior Member hebs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,905

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TexasBearfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    the cowboys drafted aikman and had steve walsh....the 9'ers got Steve Young while they still had Montana....the Pats draft qb's just to farm them and flip them...they are commoditys..it's dumb to just lean on one, they need to change the way they are looking at it.
    But in back to back years?

    Can we not focus on the supporting cast and draft a QB the following year? Like maybe after we make sure the new coaching staff is competent enough to develop 1 QB before we throw 2 at them?

    I think the simple answer is that we draft DeAndre Hopkins and Will Fuller clones this year and see how good Trubs looks throwing to them first.

  27. #40
    Senior Member dabears70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    12,297
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by baselman1974 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If the bears have a high draft pick and decided to trade down to get more picks, then sure draft a qb in 2nd or 3rd round. Iím only saying it if they have extra picks. Otherwise the Bears need receiving, oline l, and olb help.

    A rebuilding team never has extra picks, they actually never have enough picks. I can't see them using any early pick on a QB right now but maybe when they get this team more settled they'll draft one. We just can't afford to use a early pick which will most likely be a day one starter on drafting a QB.

  28. #41
    Senior Member Noonthirtyjoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2,197

    Default

    Early means not some 6th round longshot.
    Change is the only true constant, well that and the ole lady bitchin.

  29. #42
    Senior Member BaBaBlacksheep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    14,118
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noonthirtyjoe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Early means not some 6th round longshot.
    Wait a minute you just defined it 4 posts ago as:

    "Let me define early. I would trade down with our first and get some extra picks and use one of our top 3 picks at QB."

    Soooooo confused.

  30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BaBaBlacksheep For This Useful Post:


  31. #43
    Senior Member dabears70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    12,297
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KennyH View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If things were to stay as they are what value would you be able to get for a number 5 pick?

    And if Rosen and Darnold both go in the first four picks does that significantly devalue the fifth pick next year??

    Appreciate there's a long way to go and we could be picking anywhere from third to tenth depending on the last few games.

    I think there will be QB needy teams that will love Josh Allen and Baker Mayfield as well so the position doesn't stop after Rosen and Darnold. I wonder what teams will think about L.Jackson. He's clearly not the most conventional QB and is more about his athletic abilities then he is about his arm but the kid can throw the ball.

  32. #44
    Senior Member KoeranBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    434

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noonthirtyjoe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Early means not some 6th round longshot.
    Say the round, man!
    If it's 3rd and on then I'm with you.
    If it's anything in 1st or 2nd then I say we have other needs.

  33. A message from our sponsors.
    Please Register(it's free!) and Login to get rid of this advertisement.



    Do you want to advertise with ChiCitySports?
    Ranked #1 Chicagoland sports news and message board online.
    A great opportunity for advertising and exposure, with an active base of fresh consumers always looking for sports-related items and miscellaneous "guy stuff".
    Please go here if you are interested in a multitude of placements on this site.
  34. The Following User Says Thank You to KoeranBear For This Useful Post:


Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •