Close
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Noonthirtyjoe needs to run for politics.

I'd like to know what his definition of is is.

2. A message from our sponsors.

Please Register(it's free!) and Login to get rid of this advertisement.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by MojoRisin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm all for drafting one every year until we get it right. Pace can't afford to use early picks at QB though. The team is swiss cheese in every area but RB and DL. Perhaps he can strike gold in a later round? I know, I know. Those things happen for other teams but not us. Maybe a solid backup can be developed.

Ummmmmmmmm does swiss cheese mean they have no talent?? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Noonthirtyjoe View Post
    Early means not some 6th round longshot.
    Like Tom Brady? 6th round pick

Early means something different to everyone. To me early means a real investment. For me any of the top 3 rounds is early as you hope for starters in them rounds, for some round 3 is considered a mid round pick. I'm not sure what your hang up is here. I just want a real plan B. With a new staff that focuses on building young QBs up, I think we would be smart to invest in a back up plan at QB. NE had Brady and drafted JG in the 4th. Turns out they did not need him and got a early 2nd back on their investment. I wanna do that too.
    Change is the only true constant, well that and the ole lady bitchin.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Noonthirtyjoe For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by TexasBearfan View Post
    the cowboys drafted aikman and had steve walsh....the 9'ers got Steve Young while they still had Montana....the Pats draft qb's just to farm them and flip them...they are commoditys..it's dumb to just lean on one, they need to change the way they are looking at it.
    Bears do not have that luxury with needs all over the board, a lack of playmakers, and most importantly a lack of a HOF player aging at the position

Quote Originally Posted by BaBaBlacksheep View Post
    Noonthirtyjoe needs to run for politics.

I'd like to know what his definition of is is.
    I'm starting to think he might be a woman, he's starting to sound like one in an argument for sure.

What argument KB? I'm posting my thoughts on what I would like to see happen come draft time. There is no argument so your woman remark makes no sense and is unnecessary but you carry yourself the way you see fit. I would make one hairy ugly bitch. You could call me mom KB.

What argument KB? I'm posting my thoughts on what I would like to see happen come draft time. There is no argument so your woman remark makes no sense and is unnecessary but you carry yourself the way you see fit. I would make one hairy ugly bitch. You could call me mom KB.
    Well, if you're hairy and all...
    I thought that you might actually be that chick in your avatar.
    A man can dream...

Will a WR or Oline guy change the franchise?
    http://www.chicitysports.com/forum/n...eply&p=2913175
    A megatron type receiver could change this franchise, yes.

We're going from basically nothing, so the gap between the present and 10/10 would be tremendous.

Now, i'm not saying there is a megatron WR in the draft, that's an entirely different question.

I wouldn't pick an OL in the first round myself.

Quote Originally Posted by KoeranBear View Post
    Well, if you're hairy and all...
    I thought that you might actually be that chick in your avatar.
    A man can dream...
    Hey that's my mom try showing a little respect. I was just showing you guys where I came from.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Noonthirtyjoe For This Useful Post:

My Bro just emailed me this:

Kiper said Trubs would be the #1 QB prospect in this year's draft today. He also stated Trubs is playing better than he expected in year 1. He mentioned that he has all the tools but needs experience.

LOFL
    Stupid wall will never keep out aliens. Try to get in to this!
    Hidden Content

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCity View Post
    More than a backup QB
    Get all 3 then? I haven't seen anything out of Trubisky to make me think he's the future of anything. I'm all for picking a QB early.

It would be dumb to draft a QB early this year. And it's not going to happen. We aren't going to pass up quality talent at other positions that we NEED just to have an extra security blanket at QB. Look around the league. How many teams have 2 high draft picks invested in the QB position, without one already being an absolute bust?

5th round or later we may take one. Better option is to sign a journeyman vet though...

I think the Bears should draft a QB early. I know we have a lot of needs but role players won't change our direction, QB will. Nothing will ever change for this franchise until we get a true QB. I believe Trubs is that guy but I also believe in hoping for the best and preparing for the worst. If we get a offensive minded HC then getting a second young QB to grow under him would pay big dividends down the road in having a extra QB to use or trade as this team gets to PO level of play. You can add a top WR OLB CB T C and it won't matter if the QB play is not good. I believe in Trubs but I also believe in having a plan B.
    Will a WR or Oline guy change the franchise?
    You remind me of this guy that I played FF with once, he liked having top QB's, so he drafted 3 in the first 5 rounds.

And as far as grooming and trading him, the 49er's got Jimmy G, a well regarded prospect coached by the best coach in the history of the NFL for the exact same round pick that it cost the Pats .
    In fact, BB has used a 2, three 3's, a 4 and two 7's to get two 2's and a bust WR that has caught 7 passes in 12 games.

So, yeah, I think a n early pick on a Wr or Oline guy is likely to change the franchise more than a back up QB.

If at the end of the season Pace doesn't think MT will ever be a franchise QB, do what you gotta do to get one. Pace will get killed for it, the media and fans, but if he did fuck up taking Trubisky, man up, admit it and fix it. Or he could try to cover his ass and keep his job while the Bears fuck around for three seasons waiting for MT to blossom.

If Mitch is the guy, get him weapons and protection, if Mitch is not going to be the guy go get the guy.

"It's only one season how is Pace supposed to know?" It's his job to know, if this season ends and Pace has no idea what Mitch is, he should be fired.

I hate to use the same example but Les Snead the Rams GM spent all of last season with Goff, just like Pace is doing this season with Mitch. Even though Goff only started 7 games Snead knew he was the guy. The rest of the NFL had no idea what Goff would be, everybody knew he looked terrible, but Snead knew different because it is his job to know. Snead got a new coach and brought in some weapons, never even looked at another QB (FA Aaron Murray as a backup), he knew he had his franchise. Pace has been with Mitch from the draft to mini camps, OTA's, training camp, preseason, and 12 starts, that's more than Snead had to work with. Pace should know what he has, or he should be gone.

I hope drafting a QB is not even on Pace's radar because that would mean he already knows for a fact that he has his guy. Now Pace can go get some weapons and protection. I just don't want him to go into CYA mode saying Jay is our QB, I mean Mitch is our QB. If Pace knows Mitch isn't the guy, prepare for a beating, but do the right thing and find the guy.
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content Originally Posted by dbldrew Hidden Content
    Bottom line is Peyton Manning would be called a bust here by most of the clowns on css..

19. The Following User Says Thank You to number51 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by number51 View Post
    If at the end of the season Pace doesn't think MT will ever be a franchise QB, do what you gotta do to get one. Pace will get killed for it, the media and fans, but if he did fuck up taking Trubisky, man up, admit it and fix it. Or he could try to cover his ass and keep his job while the Bears fuck around for three seasons waiting for MT to blossom.

If Mitch is the guy, get him weapons and protection, if Mitch is not going to be the guy go get the guy.

"It's only one season how is Pace supposed to know?" It's his job to know, if this season ends and Pace has no idea what Mitch is, he should be fired.

I hate to use the same example but Les Snead the Rams GM spent all of last season with Goff, just like Pace is doing this season with Mitch. Even though Goff only started 7 games Snead knew he was the guy. The rest of the NFL had no idea what Goff would be, everybody knew he looked terrible, but Snead knew different because it is his job to know. Snead got a new coach and brought in some weapons, never even looked at another QB (FA Aaron Murray as a backup), he knew he had his franchise. Pace has been with Mitch from the draft to mini camps, OTA's, training camp, preseason, and 12 starts, that's more than Snead had to work with. Pace should know what he has, or he should be gone.

I hope drafting a QB is not even on Pace's radar because that would mean he already knows for a fact that he has his guy. Now Pace can go get some weapons and protection. I just don't want him to go into CYA mode saying Jay is our QB, I mean Mitch is our QB. If Pace knows Mitch isn't the guy, prepare for a beating, but do the right thing and find the guy.
    So you're saying if Snead thought Goff sucked, he would have drafted another QB high this last draft? I don't think so. Every GM out there knows it takes a couple years for most young QBs to develop. If a GM thinks a QB is talented enough to take in the top 10 in the draft, then they believe he is good enough to give a couple years to develop and find out...

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Visionman For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dabears70 View Post
    Like Tom Brady? 6th round pick
    Brady was an early 6th rounder though
    Official Mongo for GM member

Drafting a 2nd QB has nothing to do with the first one sucking. It has everything to do with having a plan B and a promising backup on the cheap and trade bait for the future. It's called getting ahead of the curve. It's a new concept so take your time with it. Some of you guys still churn your own butter but call Foxie old and out of it.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Noonthirtyjoe For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PrideisBears View Post
    Brady was an early 6th rounder though
    1 elite 6th rounder in all of football history kind of proves my point. 6 th rounders are a longshot.

I would love to see the bears draft Baker Mayfield and watch the board explode with butt hurt

Let the best QB play game one

Don't be scared,"Mitchell"

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Drafting a 2nd QB has nothing to do with the first one sucking. It has everything to do with having a plan B and a promising backup on the cheap and trade bait for the future. It's called getting ahead of the curve. It's a new concept so take your time with it. Some of you guys still churn your own butter but call Foxie old and out of it.
    You know how you get ahead of the curve??? By building a solid team around your ONE QB prospect first. THEN if you want, you can draft luxury picks for the future....

Quote Originally Posted by Visionman View Post
    So you're saying if Snead thought Goff sucked, he would have drafted another QB high this last draft?
    Of course, team needs a QB, everybody knows that.

Quote Originally Posted by Visionman View Post
    If a GM thinks a QB is talented enough to take in the top 10 in the draft, then they believe he is good enough to give a couple years to develop and find out...
    If after the first season the GM has seen enough to give him a second season, sure, if not move on. If Pace thinks Mitch sucks when the season is over he won't say a word, until draft day.

If a GM thinks a QB is worth a high draft choice on draft day, pick him. Will he still feel the same way a year later? If he does, good pick, if the GM spends a year with a QB and changes his mind, and it turns out that QB is not the guy, the GM better have a plan B.

Not every high pick works out, good GM's spend the year from the draft on to evaluate, if they nailed it, great, now draft him some help. If the GM made a mistake it's important not to compound the mistake, move on and take the heat, it's whats best for the team.

Again, if Pace still doesn't know about Trubisky after mini camps, OTA's, training camp, preseason, and 12 starts, he should be fired for not doing his job.

We'll find out on draft day what Pace thinks of Mitch.
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content Originally Posted by dbldrew Hidden Content
    Bottom line is Peyton Manning would be called a bust here by most of the clowns on css..

29. A message from our sponsors.
    Please Register(it's free!) and Login to get rid of this advertisement.

Do you want to advertise with ChiCitySports?
    Ranked #1 Chicagoland sports news and message board online.
    A great opportunity for advertising and exposure, with an active base of fresh consumers always looking for sports-related items and miscellaneous "guy stuff".
    Please go here if you are interested in a multitude of placements on this site.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast