Close
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by number51 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Of course, team needs a QB, everybody knows that.

If after the first season the GM has seen enough to give him a second season, sure, if not move on. If Pace thinks Mitch sucks when the season is over he won't say a word, until draft day.

If a GM thinks a QB is worth a high draft choice on draft day, pick him. Will he still feel the same way a year later? If he does, good pick, if the GM spends a year with a QB and changes his mind, and it turns out that QB is not the guy, the GM better have a plan B.

Not every high pick works out, good GM's spend the year from the draft on to evaluate, if they nailed it, great, now draft him some help. If the GM made a mistake it's important not to compound the mistake, move on and take the heat, it's whats best for the team.

Again, if Pace still doesn't know about Trubisky after mini camps, OTA's, training camp, preseason, and 12 starts, he should be fired for not doing his job.

We'll find out on draft day what Pace thinks of Mitch.
    Again, you have no clue how this all really works. You act like it's as easy as playing Madden...

2. A message from our sponsors.

Please Register(it's free!) and Login to get rid of this advertisement.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Visionman For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Noonthirtyjoe View Post
    I think the Bears should draft a QB early. I know most won't like me saying this but QB is just that important. To push Mitch, to have a real backup, to give the new staff a option, to work with 2 young guns doubles our chances at the 1 position that will make or break Pace and the new staff. I know we have a lot of needs but role players won't change our direction, QB will. It's time to overinvest at one position. Nothing will ever change for this franchise until we get a true QB. I believe Trubs is that guy but I also believe in hoping for the best and preparing for the worst. We don't know for sure Trubs is the man and even if he is, one injury could derail that. If we get a offensive minded HC then getting a second young QB to grow under him would pay big dividends down the road in having a extra QB to use or trade as this team gets to PO level of play. This is a QB league and only a QB can right this ship. You can add a top WR OLB CB T C and it won't matter if the QB play is not good. I believe in Trubs but I also believe in having a plan B. Go ahead and rail on me about all our other needs but you and I know that no other position but QB will change this franchise's direction.

I think the Bears should draft a QB early.
    which round
    o........o..o..o..o..o........o
    ......o.........o...........o......
    .................o..................
    the "pure shoot" formation

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

If at the end of the season Pace doesn't think MT will ever be a franchise QB, do what you gotta do to get one. Pace will get killed for it, the media and fans, but if he did fuck up taking Trubisky, man up, admit it and fix it. Or he could try to cover his ass and keep his job while the Bears fuck around for three seasons waiting for MT to blossom.

If Mitch is the guy, get him weapons and protection, if Mitch is not going to be the guy go get the guy.

"It's only one season how is Pace supposed to know?" It's his job to know, if this season ends and Pace has no idea what Mitch is, he should be fired.

I hate to use the same example but Les Snead the Rams GM spent all of last season with Goff, just like Pace is doing this season with Mitch. Even though Goff only started 7 games Snead knew he was the guy. The rest of the NFL had no idea what Goff would be, everybody knew he looked terrible, but Snead knew different because it is his job to know. Snead got a new coach and brought in some weapons, never even looked at another QB (FA Aaron Murray as a backup), he knew he had his franchise. Pace has been with Mitch from the draft to mini camps, OTA's, training camp, preseason, and 12 starts, that's more than Snead had to work with. Pace should know what he has, or he should be gone.

I hope drafting a QB is not even on Pace's radar because that would mean he already knows for a fact that he has his guy. Now Pace can go get some weapons and protection. I just don't want him to go into CYA mode saying Jay is our QB, I mean Mitch is our QB. If Pace knows Mitch isn't the guy, prepare for a beating, but do the right thing and find the guy.
    Hahaha this is so stupid. L.Snead did not know Goff was the guy and Pace doesn't know if Trubs is the guy. There's no way to know until it's seen on the football field.

Quote Originally Posted by Visionman View Post
    Again, you have no clue how this all really works. You act like it's as easy as playing Madden...
    You think a QB automatically gets multiple seasons, that there is nothing he can do in season one to make the GM have second thoughts. That is naive, we all want Mitch to be great, but should consider the possibility that he might not be the guy. I know, fans are not known for keeping an open mind, but anyone that thinks draft position automatically grants a player a 3 year grace period regardless of how they play or behave off the field, should stick to Madden.

Thankfully it's not up to fans, Pace is supposed to be a professional and I hope he does his job. Evaluate Trubisky (and every other player/coach) after the season and plan a draft strategy based on player performance, regardless of what fans are praying for.
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content Originally Posted by dbldrew Hidden Content
    Bottom line is Peyton Manning would be called a bust here by most of the clowns on css..

Quote Originally Posted by dabears70 View Post
    Hahaha this is so stupid. L.Snead did not know Goff was the guy and Pace doesn't know if Trubs is the guy. There's no way to know until it's seen on the football field.
    WTF? Goff started 7 games last season. Do you know where they play football games? On a football field. Trubisky is also sticking with that time honored tradition of playing football on a football field. So yup, GM's evaluate players based on how they play on a football field.

Thanks for clearing that up.
    Hidden Content

Bottom line is Peyton Manning would be called a bust here by most of the clowns on css..

8. The Following User Says Thank You to number51 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Visionman View Post
    I couldn't even make it through that post after reading his last one. No GM knows what these QB's are until it's seen. I bet you L.Snead was shitting in his pants after how Goff looked in his games. He obviously didn't give up on him cause no GM would do that after taking a QB in the 1st round of a draft after their rookie season no matter how bad they looked.

WTF? Goff started 7 games last season. Do you know where they play football games? On a football field. Trubisky is also sticking with that time honored tradition of playing football on a football field. So yup, GM's evaluate players based on how they play on a football field.

Thanks for clearing that up.
    I just can't do this with you with all the dumb shit you say.

I just can't do this with you with all the dumb shit you say.
    There's no way to know until it's seen on the football field.
    Hidden Content

I’d be ok with QB from 3 - 5. Trade down form the early first and get some de/olb/wr.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to JUSTWIN For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

DB70: CCS's own prison bitch since 2013

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Mongo_76 For This Useful Post:

draft a qb?

fuckin really?

do that many people post just for attention?

I blame the chicago school system because of how dumb some posts are on this message board. It takes at least 3 years to develop a qb but the op wants to spend a high draft pick every year on a QB? If any team drafts a QB in the top 10 the next 3 years should be invested in providing him ever resource to be successful. All high draft picks should be to help the QB get better not to create more holes. Are Chicago fans really this dumb?

God. Ops personal life must be awful

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Know what sucks worse than the Bears?

Yup, CCS.

This is right up there with the recent "we should see what we have in Glennon" thread.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Bears fans acting like they know how long/what it takes to develop a QB. Now that is some funny shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Monsieur Tirets View Post
    draft a qb?

fuckin really?

I can think of one, that was easy.

I've always thought teams should draft a QB every season until they're positive they have a franchise. Then dial it back to every other year. The Pat's have the GOAT and they keep drafting QB's, seems to be working for them. The Bears approach is something like 3 mid to late picks from 2006 to 2016, that's the Chicago way!

It's surprising how many Bears fans learned nothing from those years of stupidity.
    Hidden Content

21. The Following User Says Thank You to number51 For This Useful Post:

Bears don't need to draft another QB. Should be a few vets made available, Cousins, Smith, Eli?, Keenum, our old pal Josh, maybe AJ.

Funny how some people never learn from past mistakes. Then make some comment about the OPs life being being awful. lol The level of stupidity on this board never ceases to amaze.
    Change is the only true constant, well that and the ole lady bitchin.

NE drafted JG in the second rd when they already had Brady, BB is a fkn idiot and his personal life must suck. Signed GMoney1994

Quote Originally Posted by Monsieur Tirets View Post
    draft a qb?

fuckin really?

Apparently.

Sports Logo

Draft OL WR OLB ILB
    Go hard at a top shelf #1 WR via trade or FA
    "Nothing is work unless you'd rather be doing something else."
    Hidden Content

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Mjiton For This Useful Post:

NE drafted JG in the second rd when they already had Brady, BB is a fkn idiot and his personal life must suck. Signed GMoney1994
    If you can't see the difference between the Patriots contending for a championship, using a 2nd rounder on a QB, and the Bears struggling to win a game, and prioritizing other needs over drafting another QB early in the draft...
    Hidden Content

The artist formerly known as Digits

29. The Following User Says Thank You to sevvy For This Useful Post:

I don't mind taking a QB mid round but honestly, if GB floated Evans on final cuts, I'd claim him.
    Stupid wall will never keep out aliens. Try to get in to this!
    Hidden Content

31. A message from our sponsors.
    Please Register(it's free!) and Login to get rid of this advertisement.

Do you want to advertise with ChiCitySports?
    Ranked #1 Chicagoland sports news and message board online.
    A great opportunity for advertising and exposure, with an active base of fresh consumers always looking for sports-related items and miscellaneous "guy stuff".
    Please go here if you are interested in a multitude of placements on this site.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast