My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
draft a qb?

fuckin really?

do that many people post just for attention?

I can think of one, that was easy.

I've always thought teams should draft a QB every season until they're positive they have a franchise. Then dial it back to every other year. The Pat's have the GOAT and they keep drafting QB's, seems to be working for them. The Bears approach is something like 3 mid to late picks from 2006 to 2016, that's the Chicago way!

It's surprising how many Bears fans learned nothing from those years of stupidity.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bears don't need to draft another QB. Should be a few vets made available, Cousins, Smith, Eli?, Keenum, our old pal Josh, maybe AJ.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Funny how some people never learn from past mistakes. Then make some comment about the OPs life being being awful. lol The level of stupidity on this board never ceases to amaze.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
NE drafted JG in the second rd when they already had Brady, BB is a fkn idiot and his personal life must suck. Signed GMoney1994

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
Draft OL WR OLB ILB
Go hard at a top shelf #1 WR via trade or FA

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
NE drafted JG in the second rd when they already had Brady, BB is a fkn idiot and his personal life must suck. Signed GMoney1994

If you can't see the difference between the Patriots contending for a championship, using a 2nd rounder on a QB, and the Bears struggling to win a game, and prioritizing other needs over drafting another QB early in the draft...

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't mind taking a QB mid round but honestly, if GB floated Evans on final cuts, I'd claim him.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

And they'll keep drafting someone they hope can replace their 39 year old QB if he takes a big hit. NE didn't draft a QB in the 1st 3 rounds for 8 years after taking Brady and he (Davey) was the only one they took before the 6th in that period.

It's not surprising they are now taking shots for Brady's eventual replacement. Same happened with Brissett. Thing is, it's a team with a strong enough foundation to do so. We're still building a foundation.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
DB70: CCS's own prison bitch since 2013

I'd make you my prison bitch the first day your corny ass got there. You'd be washing my underwear for me.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Bears don't need to draft another QB. Should be a few vets made available, Cousins, Smith, Eli?, Keenum, our old pal Josh, maybe AJ.

We can just keep Glennon on for the rest of his contract. I wonder if that guy will even get a backup job anywhere after this year. I think he probably will just cause he did show some good things in Tampa and then...........................Chicago Bears happened to him....nuff said.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
This team should draft qb the first round. Whenever you are drafting that high, you need to take a qb. I still think mitch will be good but if he isn't the bears have a fallback. Most teams draft qbs even if there qb is good. the packers drafted briam brohm in the 2nd in the first year aaron rodgers was a slated to start. The bears don't know if mitch is good so they need to draft a qb. With wentz and goff's sophmore seasons the fans will expect something similar. If he stuggles like this year, put in the rookie. If mitch is great, you have a valuable piece to get more picks. Teams usually get multiple first rounders for high first round qbs. Wentz, cutler, and eli manning are examples.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
And they'll keep drafting someone they hope can replace their 39 year old QB if he takes a big hit. NE didn't draft a QB in the 1st 3 rounds for 8 years after taking Brady and he (Davey) was the only one they took before the 6th in that period.

It's not surprising they are now taking shots for Brady's eventual replacement. Same happened with Brissett. Thing is, it's a team with a strong enough foundation to do so. We're still building a foundation.

Agreed but there are a lot of very short sighted fans. "Trubisky isn't setting records so he is a bust". Now, I can see why Bear fans, especially, have this mentality as most of us have never really seen top level talent at the position. And I'm 51.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
This team should draft qb the first round. Whenever you are drafting that high, you need to take a qb. I still think mitch will be good but if he isn't the bears have a fallback. Most teams draft qbs even if there qb is good. the rodgers draft briam brohm in the 2nd in the first year aaron rodgers was a slated to start. The bears don't know if mitch is good so they need to draft a qb. With wentz and goff's sophmore seasons the fans will expect something similar. If he stuggles like this year, put in the rookie. If mitch is great, you have a valuable piece to get more picks. Teams usually get multiple first rounders for high first round qbs. Wentz, cutler, and eli manning are examples.

This is my thinking also. Altho I don't want a early 1st used. I just want a young guy that can be trained up by our new staff that will be geared to helping young QBs. We could trade back just a little and get extra picks. Teams will be hot for the top 3+ QBs coming out and we have the draft position to take advantage. I really think Mitch will be very good but double dipping at such a important position is the smart thing to do IMO.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
We can just keep Glennon on for the rest of his contract. I wonder if that guy will even get a backup job anywhere after this year. I think he probably will just cause he did show some good things in Tampa and then...........................Chicago Bears happened to him....nuff said.
The point is Glennon will be dumped freeing up a lot of money that could still be used at the most important position.

Reminder, the Chicago Bears also happened to Josh McCown who is still doing pretty well for himself when it was thought his career was damn near over back then when he went to the Bears.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
If we had a good OL and WR then I would be more on board with taking another QB.. But if we cant protect our current QB then how are we going to protect our new drafted QB?

to really analyze the QB play we need a competent supporting cast around him.. we need better at the OL position it played pretty good until they got banged up.. then they can no longer run the ball worth a crap or give much time in the pocket..

We have to operate assuming that Long is never going to be what he was.. We cant be in this position again next year.. We need to take a tackle and at least another guard.. maybe 2 guards.. not to mention the WR help.. There is just way to many needs on this team to use another pic on a QB this coming year.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Unless Trubs is an absolute bust, which IMO he's already shown he's not going to be, we will be fine with him at QB. Worst case scenario he turns into an accurate game managing QB, with a decent arm and the ability to make things happen with his feet when needed. And as long as he gets a 2nd contract that reflects that skill, the Bears will be able to build a quality team around that.

If he turns out to be everyone's dream QB, he will cost (A LOT!) more....but that also means he will need less talent around him to have success.

No need to draft another QB high.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
The idea that you should draft a high round QB to stash as future trade bait is so historically wrong it's comical that it exists. The best QB teams NE and GB have failed at it miserably sans one significant upgrade with NE getting a 2nd for a 7th rnd Matt Cassel. Those teams have used 2 2nds, 3 3rds, a 4th, 2 5ths, a 6th, and 4 7th since 2000 to get a 2nd, a conditional 7th and ashity bust WR in return.

Why does this myth persist?

Washington

Liked Posts:
I don't see using a high draft pick on a QB yet. A GM needs to have faith his pick will develop and he has to make the team around him more solid.

Now that said, I do go Ron Wolf on the position and draft one later on and try to find the next Hasselbeck, Detmer, Brooks, or Brunell. Worst case is that maybe a solid #2 is developed. Now if Trubs does not show the "it" factor by year 3, I then draft another one early.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
The idea that you should draft a high round QB to stash as future trade bait is so historically wrong it's comical )

Ya that would be comical. But that's not why we should get a second young QB.