Draft a top QB early

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
I don't see using a high draft pick on a QB yet. A GM needs to have faith his pick will develop and he has to make the team around him more solid.

I agree with not a high pick. I don't want competition for Trubs and we need to give him time and support. I want a plan B in training. I want a young backup that the new staff can guru for awhile and save money doing it.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
I agree with not a high pick.
This has been an enjoyable thread so far. Good topic, Noon. (And don't bother feeding the trolls).

Going by what we've seen of Trubisky so far (and we still have the 4 most important assessment games left), I think Trub has shown enough talent & character to work with as our #1 QB.

I also would not be looking to draft an early QB, but we are in a position to draft a QB in 2018 -- as the price of Glennon would suggest we cut him, leaving us no developmental QBs.

I also think Pace should still be planing on drafting a QB every year, as he said he would. I think a team should do that until they have a franchise QB, at least. Not that, in any given draft, the BPA is stupendously not a QB, in which case you grab the best undrafted QB.

Also, I think teams have to accept adding top QB competition to an existing #1 QB also carries negative effects; namely:

1. A gut punch to the QB's confidence & sense of stability, which becomes a personal distraction and source of stress.

2. Fractures teams, where inevitably certainly players back one or the other.

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
Not this year, probably not next. After that sure.

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
Gonna say though if somehow the draft goes wonky and Rosen falls to the Bears you gotta pull the trigger on that.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
With all the holes the Bears have to fill, it makes no sense to take a QB that high.