dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
If things were to stay as they are what value would you be able to get for a number 5 pick?

And if Rosen and Darnold both go in the first four picks does that significantly devalue the fifth pick next year??

Appreciate there's a long way to go and we could be picking anywhere from third to tenth depending on the last few games.

I think there will be QB needy teams that will love Josh Allen and Baker Mayfield as well so the position doesn't stop after Rosen and Darnold. I wonder what teams will think about L.Jackson. He's clearly not the most conventional QB and is more about his athletic abilities then he is about his arm but the kid can throw the ball.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Noonthirtyjoe needs to run for politics.

I'd like to know what his definition of is is.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I'm all for drafting one every year until we get it right. Pace can't afford to use early picks at QB though. The team is swiss cheese in every area but RB and DL. Perhaps he can strike gold in a later round? I know, I know. Those things happen for other teams but not us. Maybe a solid backup can be developed.

Ummmmmmmmm does swiss cheese mean they have no talent?? lol

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Early means something different to everyone. To me early means a real investment. For me any of the top 3 rounds is early as you hope for starters in them rounds, for some round 3 is considered a mid round pick. I'm not sure what your hang up is here. I just want a real plan B. With a new staff that focuses on building young QBs up, I think we would be smart to invest in a back up plan at QB. NE had Brady and drafted JG in the 4th. Turns out they did not need him and got a early 2nd back on their investment. I wanna do that too.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
the cowboys drafted aikman and had steve walsh....the 9'ers got Steve Young while they still had Montana....the Pats draft qb's just to farm them and flip them...they are commoditys..it's dumb to just lean on one, they need to change the way they are looking at it.

Bears do not have that luxury with needs all over the board, a lack of playmakers, and most importantly a lack of a HOF player aging at the position

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
What argument KB? I'm posting my thoughts on what I would like to see happen come draft time. There is no argument so your woman remark makes no sense and is unnecessary but you carry yourself the way you see fit. I would make one hairy ugly bitch. You could call me mom KB.

KoreanBear

Liked Posts:
What argument KB? I'm posting my thoughts on what I would like to see happen come draft time. There is no argument so your woman remark makes no sense and is unnecessary but you carry yourself the way you see fit. I would make one hairy ugly bitch. You could call me mom KB.

Well, if you're hairy and all...
I thought that you might actually be that chick in your avatar.
A man can dream...

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
My Bro just emailed me this:

Kiper said Trubs would be the #1 QB prospect in this year's draft today. He also stated Trubs is playing better than he expected in year 1. He mentioned that he has all the tools but needs experience.

LOFL

Visionman

Liked Posts:
It would be dumb to draft a QB early this year. And it's not going to happen. We aren't going to pass up quality talent at other positions that we NEED just to have an extra security blanket at QB. Look around the league. How many teams have 2 high draft picks invested in the QB position, without one already being an absolute bust?

5th round or later we may take one. Better option is to sign a journeyman vet though...

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I think the Bears should draft a QB early. I know we have a lot of needs but role players won't change our direction, QB will. Nothing will ever change for this franchise until we get a true QB. I believe Trubs is that guy but I also believe in hoping for the best and preparing for the worst. If we get a offensive minded HC then getting a second young QB to grow under him would pay big dividends down the road in having a extra QB to use or trade as this team gets to PO level of play. You can add a top WR OLB CB T C and it won't matter if the QB play is not good. I believe in Trubs but I also believe in having a plan B.

Will a WR or Oline guy change the franchise?
You remind me of this guy that I played FF with once, he liked having top QB's, so he drafted 3 in the first 5 rounds.

And as far as grooming and trading him, the 49er's got Jimmy G, a well regarded prospect coached by the best coach in the history of the NFL for the exact same round pick that it cost the Pats .
In fact, BB has used a 2, three 3's, a 4 and two 7's to get two 2's and a bust WR that has caught 7 passes in 12 games.

So, yeah, I think a n early pick on a Wr or Oline guy is likely to change the franchise more than a back up QB.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
If at the end of the season Pace doesn't think MT will ever be a franchise QB, do what you gotta do to get one. Pace will get killed for it, the media and fans, but if he did fuck up taking Trubisky, man up, admit it and fix it. Or he could try to cover his ass and keep his job while the Bears fuck around for three seasons waiting for MT to blossom.

If Mitch is the guy, get him weapons and protection, if Mitch is not going to be the guy go get the guy.

"It's only one season how is Pace supposed to know?" It's his job to know, if this season ends and Pace has no idea what Mitch is, he should be fired.

I hate to use the same example but Les Snead the Rams GM spent all of last season with Goff, just like Pace is doing this season with Mitch. Even though Goff only started 7 games Snead knew he was the guy. The rest of the NFL had no idea what Goff would be, everybody knew he looked terrible, but Snead knew different because it is his job to know. Snead got a new coach and brought in some weapons, never even looked at another QB (FA Aaron Murray as a backup), he knew he had his franchise. Pace has been with Mitch from the draft to mini camps, OTA's, training camp, preseason, and 12 starts, that's more than Snead had to work with. Pace should know what he has, or he should be gone.

I hope drafting a QB is not even on Pace's radar because that would mean he already knows for a fact that he has his guy. Now Pace can go get some weapons and protection. I just don't want him to go into CYA mode saying Jay is our QB, I mean Mitch is our QB. If Pace knows Mitch isn't the guy, prepare for a beating, but do the right thing and find the guy.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
If at the end of the season Pace doesn't think MT will ever be a franchise QB, do what you gotta do to get one. Pace will get killed for it, the media and fans, but if he did fuck up taking Trubisky, man up, admit it and fix it. Or he could try to cover his ass and keep his job while the Bears fuck around for three seasons waiting for MT to blossom.

If Mitch is the guy, get him weapons and protection, if Mitch is not going to be the guy go get the guy.

"It's only one season how is Pace supposed to know?" It's his job to know, if this season ends and Pace has no idea what Mitch is, he should be fired.

I hate to use the same example but Les Snead the Rams GM spent all of last season with Goff, just like Pace is doing this season with Mitch. Even though Goff only started 7 games Snead knew he was the guy. The rest of the NFL had no idea what Goff would be, everybody knew he looked terrible, but Snead knew different because it is his job to know. Snead got a new coach and brought in some weapons, never even looked at another QB (FA Aaron Murray as a backup), he knew he had his franchise. Pace has been with Mitch from the draft to mini camps, OTA's, training camp, preseason, and 12 starts, that's more than Snead had to work with. Pace should know what he has, or he should be gone.

I hope drafting a QB is not even on Pace's radar because that would mean he already knows for a fact that he has his guy. Now Pace can go get some weapons and protection. I just don't want him to go into CYA mode saying Jay is our QB, I mean Mitch is our QB. If Pace knows Mitch isn't the guy, prepare for a beating, but do the right thing and find the guy.

So you're saying if Snead thought Goff sucked, he would have drafted another QB high this last draft? I don't think so. Every GM out there knows it takes a couple years for most young QBs to develop. If a GM thinks a QB is talented enough to take in the top 10 in the draft, then they believe he is good enough to give a couple years to develop and find out...