Ryan Pace's Delay Could Cost Him His Job

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You can't blanket statement that.

An NFL rebuild is entirely dependent on how much usable talent there is when the process begins.

Bears started out in a major hole - 7 years of horrid, unusable drafts pre Pace, minus a number of players you could count on one hand. 5 or less.

That situation is NOT going to be fixed in a year or two.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

News Flash.........

This is year three, Bears have regressed, not progressed.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
Understood. But, do you just get rid of someone when you don't have a better option in place? If only 4 people from pre-Pace still remain, wouldn't you expect those players to be better than what we had and therefore we'd be a better team? That is why I asked if one should just blow up a roster for the sake of blowing up a roster. That would not make sense.

I don't believe anyone has ever said that every player has to be an all-pro.
that entirely depends.

The 2 players fans belly ache about, Bennett and Marshall, have gone on to do nothing other than be head cases.

The only other player I can think of is Jeffrey, who got a case of the "owies" for 2 years because his fellow headcase B Marsh was traded. Whatever he's doing for the Eagles, he wasn't going to do it here.

jc456

Liked Posts:
Why would anyone want Fox fired now. At this point he is the perfect guy for the job. A top draft pick is the only good that can come from this season. A top draft pick will be helpful when looking for a new coach. A top pick can be used on a possible elite player or a trade down to get more picks. Firing Fox now won't help us at all.

and if he destroys Mitchell? that is my concern.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
News Flash.........

This is year three, Bears have regressed, not progressed.
News flash to you : the Bears have more drafted talent on their roster now then they had before Pace got here.

They also have a shit ass coach who may have been forced on said general manager.

Ignoring these facts just because they don't fit your narrative pretty much means you are an idiot.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
and if he destroys Mitchell? that is my concern.
That is my concern as well. But I think if someone is going to be mentally tough enough to play quarterback at a high level in this league, then they should at least be able to handle one screwball coach who will be gone after one season.

What concerns me is the next coach. If Mitch gets ruined, it won't be because of fox unless it is because of injury

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
News flash to you : the Bears have more drafted talent on their roster now then they had before Pace got here.

They also have a shit ass coach who may have been forced on said general manager.

Ignoring these facts just because they don't fit your narrative pretty much means you are an idiot.

hahahahaha Teddy KFC you know you just contradicted yourself....you just called the speculation of Fox being forced on Pace as a fact....please give us the source of this like you did with Josh McDaniels being in the mix for HC.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I just worry about guys who are going to have multiple options not picking the Bears.

Hoge and Jahns talk about this on their latest podcast. There are serious questions about Ryan Pace, whether it is job security or talent evaluation and guys with options my choose to work with a newer GM with more security or someone with less question marks like a Chris Ballard in Indy.

Maybe personal connections will play a bigger role than we think because it will be easier for Pace to answer those questions to someone who knows him well.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

LMAO,

He is a GM, I choose to treat him as such. If you choose to treat him as a GM with training wheels, that means your the idiot.

GM is responsible for HC, last I checked.

Your "more talent argument" is debatable. They have the potential to have more talent, it is yet unproven talent. The certainly don't have more talent at WR, or TE. Fuller was not a Pace signing. Trubisky has not yet proven to be better than Cutler, and for God's sake, Glennon?

2013 Bears 5th rated offense 31 rated defense
2017 bears 31 rated offense 13 ranked defense (and falling)

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The real argument for firing Pace is if he is going to negatively effect the coaching hire.

If Pace is going to struggle to land the top candidates and settle for someone he knows like Allen or Carmichael than I can see an argument for firing him.

I am not sure whether he will have a negative effect on the coaching search. My gut says that top guys are going to look at the last 3 years or carnage and want a fresher start somewhere.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
The real argument for firing Pace is if he is going to negatively effect the coaching hire.

If Pace is going to struggle to land the top candidates and settle for someone he knows like Allen or Carmichael than I can see an argument for firing him.

I am not sure whether he will have a negative effect on the coaching search. My gut says that top guys are going to look at the last 3 years or carnage and want a fresher start somewhere.

If ownership is smart they will give Pace an extension to match the contract of the in-coming head coach and make it known during the interview process.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If ownership is smart they will give Pace an extension to match the contract of the in-coming head coach and make it known during the interview process.

They may have to. I do not think he deserves an extension, but it may increase the quality of coach they can lure.

But even with an extension I think we can cross a number of guys off the list. The extension may calm some fears, but a rough 2018 would light up some fires again even with an extension.

CaimanTierraFL

Liked Posts:
The Ghost of Chris Ballard will haunt this franchise for 10 years

McCaskeys screwed up big time

CHRIS BALLARD!!!

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Every coach wants a QB and a high draft picks and cash too spend. I think most coaches would look at this team and believe they can turn it around within a year or 2. We really are not far off from good if we do things the right way. If a real staff is brought in they will have everything they need in QB money to spend and good draft picks. Sure we could mess it all up.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Most coach's want to draft their own QB, or at least have a great deal of input on the choice. Unless Mitch continues to show improvement, will he still be a plus, or a minus to a new coaching hire?

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
LMAO,

He is a GM, I choose to treat him as such. If you choose to treat him as a GM with training wheels, that means your the idiot.

GM is responsible for HC, last I checked.

Your "more talent argument" is debatable. They have the potential to have more talent, it is yet unproven talent. The certainly don't have more talent at WR, or TE. Fuller was not a Pace signing. Trubisky has not yet proven to be better than Cutler, and for God's sake, Glennon?

2013 Bears 5th rated offense 31 rated defense
2017 bears 31 rated offense 13 ranked defense (and falling)
You being a meatball idiot is not a convincing argument for firing Ryan pace.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
They may have to. I do not think he deserves an extension, but it may increase the quality of coach they can lure.

But even with an extension I think we can cross a number of guys off the list. The extension may calm some fears, but a rough 2018 would light up some fires again even with an extension.

Which potential coaches will they have to cross off the list? Tell me about the other openings this off season that are going to be so far superior to coming to work for the Bears.

WestsideResider

Bro idk
Liked Posts:
I really don't get all the caping for Ryan Pace like he's some kind of wunderkind that's consistently making great moves. He has done more dumb shit in 3 years than good.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
I really don't get all the caping for Ryan Pace like he's some kind of wunderkind that's consistently making great moves. He has done more dumb shit in 3 years than good.

He's built a team that, if we win 4 or 5 games this year, it will be viewed as an improvement....

It's that bad.