Ryan Pace's Delay Could Cost Him His Job

WestsideResider

Bro idk
Liked Posts:
When we get blown out at home vs the Browns the stink will be too much for Pace to escape and he'll have to go to along with Fox

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
He can fire him whenever he wants.

And if he did want to fire fox and they didn't allow it, he's a fucking pussy if he doesn't quit.

So he's a pussy if he doesn't quit a job that only has 32 possible openings because his bosses give him input on what is basically an inconsequential decision? You should apply that logic to your own career.

BearDownZZ

Liked Posts:
They really don't have a coach worthing giving a shot.

Most importantly, if they gave it to Fangio or Loggains and they went 4-0 to finish the season, there would be pressure to hire that guy as the full time coach.

Pace just wants to die on its own, get a good draft pick and make a clean sweep at the end of the season. Maybe fire him with 2 games left just to make a statement.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pace is not getting fired, period.

It's more likely that Fox returns than Pace gets fired and neither will happen.

Anyone suggesting Pace will be fired is eith ignoring or football ignorant of how much better the personnel on this team is versus the aged, zero talent, zero depth, zero locker room discipline team he took over. The first coaching hire was almost assured to be sacrificial due to the inevitable poor record. Fox still was a good hire for the 1st 2 years to get legitimacy back to the staff and around the league with players and coaches and he probably could have 8 and 8'ed his way to a 4th year, but he seems to have almost scuttled his own tenure. Maybe his home is completed in The Villages retirement community and he just wants to play bocce ball and pickle ball with his peers.

Disagree.

There's NO WAY that Fox is spry enough to play pickleball!

The rest of it I fully agree with.

XlEKdu.gif

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The roster was already blown up by Pace and is slowly being rebuilt. You want to start that all over again? Because that is literally how you remain the Chicago Browns. Wake. The. Fuck. Up. GM continuity is beyond necessary to stop this shit.

Not firing an incompetent GM is how you become the Detroit Lions. Matt Millen had a winning percentage of .270 and control for 7 years. Currently Pace is on track to match or even do worse than that. Your logic is severely flawed.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
When the injury bug bites early and hard and there's nothing left to play for...what do you do?

Reset button and see who among the lower ranks of 1-year prove-it deals is worth keeping.

Full on (but hush hush)...

4e06491a72b7ab92771f911a27c7d35f.jpg

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Not firing an incompetent GM is how you become the Detroit Lions. Matt Millen had a winning percentage of .270 and control for 7 years. Currently Pace is on track to match or even do worse than that. Your logic is severely flawed.

You're drawing a parallel where there is none chief. Show me a single GM in the NFL that turned over 49 of 53 players on an NFL roster in 3 years and had that team competing for the division or playoffs in that short of a span? Because in case you haven't noticed bub, that is exactly the position the Bears are in. I CAN'T STRESS THIS ENOUGH. IT'S LITERALLY IMPOSSIBLE TO REPLACE FORTY-FUCKING-NINE PLAYERS WITH NFL STARTER TIER TALENT IN THREE GOD DAMNED YEARS.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You're drawing a parallel where there is none chief. Show me a single GM in the NFL that turned over 49 of 53 players on an NFL roster in 3 years and had that team competing for the division or playoffs in that short of a span? Because in case you haven't noticed bub, that is exactly the position the Bears are in. I CAN'T STRESS THIS ENOUGH. IT'S LITERALLY IMPOSSIBLE TO REPLACE FORTY-FUCKING-NINE PLAYERS WITH NFL STARTER TIER TALENT IN THREE GOD DAMNED YEARS.

19. Bears
Snaps Lost Quality Snaps Lost Quality ST Lost Avg. APY Lost Avg. Rank
22.3% 14.3% 9.8% $2,622,083 17.5

This has to qualify as one of the oddest offseasons of all time. The Bears were relatively average in their turnover despite having a terrible team last season and went out and signed an expensive free agent quarterback and drafted a top QB but sold off their best receiver. This has all the makings of a front office giving a head coach enough rope to hang himself so that their hands are clean when they fire him next season. When final rosters are set and we revisit the snaps gained and lost I expect everything to cancel out except for Glennon. If Glennon fails expect wholesale changes in 2018 with Fox being the fall guy for 2017. I don’t know if that’s the way to run the team or not.

They were 19th for 2017, not sure where you get your facts from other years, but I would suspect 3 year turnover rates for almost any team are pretty high.

https://overthecap.com/roster-turnover-2017-number-20-11/

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
^ I appreciate the links. Cool site, and I love me some data. It helps but certainly doesn't say it all, especially with a coaching staff so unbelievably reluctant to let rookies get in the game until forced to by injuries or terrible play by the senior starters...Langford>Howard, Simms>Sheehan, etc.

As to why there is so little starting talent lost.... The last two seasons have been in such flux due to starters going down so early...backups everywhere & gum up the stats when they don't stick in the off-season. 1 year prove-it deals are also FAR more common with Bears in rebuild mode than most other teams.

Fully agree with xer0h0ur both in content and huge font stressing it. :yep:

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
^ I appreciate the links. Cool site, and I love me some data. It helps but certainly doesn't say it all, especially with a coaching staff so unbelievably reluctant to let rookies get in the game until forced to by injuries or terrible play by the senior starters...Langford>Howard, Simms>Sheehan, etc.

As to why there is so little starting talent lost.... The last two seasons have been in such flux due to starters going down so early...backups everywhere & gum up the stats when they don't stick in the off-season. 1 year prove-it deals are also FAR more common with Bears in rebuild mode than most other teams.

Fully agree with xer0h0ur both in content and huge font stressing it. :yep:

The fact of the matter is, xer0hours claims are ambiguous at best. The Bears aren't "turning over" their roster at such a higher rate than normal, as he suggests.

Then there is the point that roster turnover is generally done to improve the roster, not just for roster turnovers sake. So, with such a high turnover rate (in his words, not mine) the Bears should be a significantly better team then they were 3 years ago. If not, that is not an argument that can be made in defense of Pace, just the opposite is true.

The record just doesn't support this excuse.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
When Pace formulates a plan he usually succeeds. Even when his plan misses he still comes out on the good side, see Trubisky being better now than Pace planned.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
Please explain further...

He's succeeded when everyone has said he would fail or had failed. He's always had a plan and executed it. Draft day, free agency. People are losing their minds because the Bears are 3-9. But the Bears aren't 3-9 because of personnel, they're 3-9 because of a run run pass offense that runs 80-percent of the time on first down.

Yeah it sucks having to wait for John Fox to be fired. But getting antsy and then trying to add to the blame is stupid. Everyone knows why the Bears are where they are, they've just lost clarity on why.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yet none of these coaches could be or were interviewed until season's completion, so it matters not.

What is the point of firing Fox other than making you feel better?
Do you think Loggains or Fangio are potential HC's?
Do you think they are even capable of conducting themselves as a HC for 4 weeks?
What advantage do they present? Loggains can't even throw together a game plan beyond his scripted 15.
Fangio has his hands full just trying to make his defense not turn to shit.

As bad as Fox is those two could somehow even be worse in the last 4 weeks.

You can play and develop the young players that Fox refuses to play, or to allow to play as much as they should.

4 weeks of wasted development for guys like Trubisky, Shaheen and Cohen.

It also allows you to do a more thorough self assessment. Albert Breer wrote a good article about what the Rams used those weeks for and how it made them able to pull the trigger on McVay quickly.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I would prefer Fox to coach out the season and continue to shit on his legacy.

Firing him at this point would be merciful and I don't want to give him mercy.

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
When Pace formulates a plan he usually succeeds. Even when his plan misses he still comes out on the good side, see Trubisky being better now than Pace planned.

Huh? . . .

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
You and I completely agree. I think Ryan Pace will get a contract that matches up with whatever coach he hires.

And the media who wants Pace out as well as idiot fans who want to fire everyone every year so we can be like the Browns will be up in arms melting down and it will be glorious.

The truth of it though is that you are right. Everything will be on the line now as Pace will have his quarterback and his head coach. His future will absolutely be tied to those two and if they can't turn it around in the time frame of the head coach's contract, they will have everything all lined up for a clean sweep, which frankly is how a well-run organization is supposed to do it.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

I wouldnt be up in arms if this happens but i do think it would be a hard move to justify when the NFL landscape views the Bears as just as much of an irrelevance as it was three years ago and Pace has 12 wins in 3 years. You can only say rebuild, and the results will come so many times.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The fact of the matter is, xer0hours claims are ambiguous at best. The Bears aren't "turning over" their roster at such a higher rate than normal, as he suggests.

Then there is the point that roster turnover is generally done to improve the roster, not just for roster turnovers sake. So, with such a high turnover rate (in his words, not mine) the Bears should be a significantly better team then they were 3 years ago. If not, that is not an argument that can be made in defense of Pace, just the opposite is true.

The record just doesn't support this excuse.

There is zero ambiguity to the fact only 4 players remain on the team Ryan Pace inherited. That is exactly what is meant by blowing up a team's roster. This is why people expecting this team to be far along already is beyond unrealistic. It was a complete team rebuild from the ground up. Its going to take time.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
There is zero ambiguity to the fact only 4 players remain on the team Ryan Pace inherited. That is exactly what is meant by blowing up a team's roster. This is why people expecting this team to be far along already is beyond unrealistic. It was a complete team rebuild from the ground up. Its going to take time.

EXACTLY

Problem is, people expect every new name to be not only a starter but "impact player", "difference maker", or whatever subjective term fans like to argue about. Simply getting solid starters is what's needed plus a few all-stars on each side of the ball.

1. Some bitch at any acquisition that doesn't pan out, even if it's due to uncontrollable injury.
  2. Others bitch that a guy was overpaid. Misses happen on every team.
  3. Still further (the worst) are those who bitch when a FA leaves or isn't brought in when the cost was far too high AND they simply didn't want to join/stay on a team in a rebuild.

Even the above won't matter if 1/3 the starting roster is on IR and the coaching sucks. Both of those will change this off-season. Like you said, time.