The book on Matt Nagy

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
The signings of DeFillipo or LaFleur scream out a desperate attempt to find a Shanahan or McVay when its likely we would just be picking up a 2nd rate version who is simply not ready to be a head coach yet.

Shanahan was a HC candidate for a number of years before getting his chance and McVay is just a freak.

Promoting a QB coach to HC or the guy riding the coattails of Shanahan and McVay doesn't seem like a good idea at all.

Nagy is my favourite of the 3 and I am willing to give him a chance simply because of the incredible Andy Reid coaching tree.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
i think nagy might be my top choice now. i like his background, and having gone back and watched footage from the games hes been calling, im impressed.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
I’ve meet Nagy while he was in college. I was friends with his college teammate turned Eagles colleague who is now the GM of KC. Nagys a funny fucker.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
If it is Nagy, who do you think could be his OC and DC?

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

At Defensive coordinator, probably the best guy on the market. Kinda like the McVay/ Wade Phillips model...

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I'd take Chuck Pagano or Mike Petine as the DC. As far as OC, don't really care as long as he's the one calling the plays

Uncle Zeek

Liked Posts:
Eugene Chung and Petine.

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

BearbaFett

Liked Posts:
I'd take Chuck Pagano or Mike Petine as the DC. As far as OC, don't really care as long as he's the one calling the plays

i was thinking pagano or petine as well.

...and yeah have him bring his best buddy from the chiefs offensive staff to be his OC. doesn't really matter.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
i was thinking pagano or petine as well.

...and yeah have him bring his best buddy from the chiefs offensive staff to be his OC. doesn't really matter.

Can he bring Brad Childress or can the Chiefs block that since he is an assistant Head coach? That's such a BS title if teams use it to block other teams from hiring them as coordinators.

Uncle Zeek

Liked Posts:
Can he bring Brad Childress or can the Chiefs block that since he is an assistant Head coach? That's such a BS title if teams use it to block other teams from hiring them as coordinators.
They could block, and probably will, considering they're bound to lose a bunch of their offense of Staff if Nagy goes

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
1a503230fefd1a9b552c1a24ce877041.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Funny thing is when Nagy took over the play calling, the Chiefs lost a lot.