The book on Matt Nagy

iffybiz

Liked Posts:
I’m hoping you’re going to do a Pat Shurmer profile as well. Won five games in Cleveland with far less talent than the Bears have. Good marriage of WCO (coached under Andy Reid) and spread offense (Chip Kelly).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tgmxd

Liked Posts:
I’m hoping you’re going to do a Pat Shurmer profile as well. Won five games in Cleveland with far less talent than the Bears have. Good marriage of WCO (coached under Andy Reid) and spread offense (Chip Kelly).

In the same vein, I'd at least be somewhat curious about Hue Jackson if he gets fired by the Browns.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Good stuff Windy.

The saying goes, "the NFL is a copycat league". Well, the 2 teams the Bears need to try to copy are the Rams and the Eagles. Just so happens, the 3 most ideal candidates (IMO) for the Bears head coaching job has direct ties to those 2 turnarounds.

Matt LaFleur- OC for the Rams
John DeFilippo- QB coach for the Eagles
Matt Nagy- OC for the Chiefs who coaching career mimics Eagles coach, Doug Pedersen

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
This is almost to funny to even read

Wikipedia lists his “vast” expertise as;
08-09 Eagles Coaching intern
10 Eagles Coach’s assistant
11-12 Eagles Off Quality control
13-15 Chiefs QB coach
16 to now Chiefs OC

So he has 5 whopping years as any kind of a players position coach and he is ready to move up to the top of the profession ???

This has to be a fucking joke...This guy is nothing but Andy Reid’s mouth piece...

I hope Pace has a better grasp than this stupid shit...

McVay graduated high school in 2004 without any pro playing experience and is up for coach of the year.

Kaufman20Embalm

Liked Posts:
McVay is amazing watched some Rams stuff today for a LaFleur breakdown.

I love McVay.

I was listening to a Rams beat writer discussing mcvay last week. They said he is so advanced in helping goff develop that he even calls his audibles similar to the college spread where the qb looks to the sideline for the play. Mcvay has goff hurry to the line so he can communicate the audible to him before the qb headset shuts off.

This is really a smart concept and probably explains a lot of goffs breakout this yr. He is able to run the offense without having to over think. It was funny to listen to because people discussing it were pretty torn. Former NFL qb Chris Simms was upset and considered it cheating but everyone else discussing it thought it was a great idea and ahead of its time. I would have no problem if we thought the Rams OC was our guy. I really like what that team has done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
I was listening to a Rams beat writer discussing mcvay last week. They said he is so advanced in helping goff develop that he even calls his audibles similar to the college spread where the qb looks to the sideline for the play. Mcvay has goff hurry to the line so he can communicate the audible to him before the qb headset shuts off.

This is really a smart concept and probably explains a lot of goffs breakout this yr. He is able to run the offense without having to over think. It was funny to listen to because people discussing it were pretty torn. Former NFL qb Chris Simms was upset and considered it cheating but everyone else discussing it thought it was a great idea and ahead of its time. I would have no problem if we thought the Rams OC was our guy. I really like what that team has done.

Bears last two hires were A Canadian head coach who brought over a bunch of Canadian staff, and an overrated and outdated relic. Meanwhile other teams hiring trendsetters. Makes me sick because I know the bears will never make a bold move like hiring a coach such as mcvay

#FireEveryoneGeorge

Liked Posts:

Some call his offense a "Power Spread" or "Smashmouth Spread"

...incorporating west coast and spread offensive features with a power running game, you get a power spread, or smash mouth spread offense.

https://www.dailynorseman.com/2017/...shurmur-have-in-store-for-the-vikings-offense

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Jared Goff still sucks as a QB, that offense is all McVay.

JARED GOFF’S GROWTH

GOFF MCVAY TD/INT

CAP BOSO

Liked Posts:
I'm a Delaware guy. He was the QB when I was there. Smart guy. I'd like this hire. Give me a young guy with some innovative thinking. I'm tired of seeing the 1928 playbook we currently use in Chicago.l

alexbear1

Liked Posts:
Matt Naghy as HC and Chuck Pagano or Mike Pettine as DC?

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
HC G McCasky-- OC Fox-- DC Tucker--
This is what I expect and by doing so I can not be disappointed in any hire. Gotta set the bar low.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It will be interesting to see if Pace can convince him that the Bears are going to Ben a good fit.

Nagy will have options.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Defillippo
Shurmur
Lafleur
Nagy

At this point I can see the benefit to any of these guys. Although I'm not sure why Nagy wouldn't go to Indy with Ballard.

MonkeyPox

Liked Posts:
This is just excellent man. Thanks for the post. Hopefully this guy gets a shot. The Bears could do worse than a Reid protege that's for sure.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Defillippo
Shurmur
Lafleur
Nagy

At this point I can see the benefit to any of these guys. Although I'm not sure why Nagy wouldn't go to Indy with Ballard.

I think Toub to Indy seems more likely.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I think Toub to Indy seems more likely.

You knew about McDaniels to the Giants so I'm guessing whoever you read knows their business.

There is that connection, obviously.