Rare optimism

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Seeing if other fans feel the same way as me.

I know Jerry is a fucktard, I think Gar belongs in a mall somewhere dressed as Santa. Pax has too many ego issues to be in management. I know this broken record, and would love to see them all get replaced. The league is fucked and top heavy with a commissioner that seems to spearhead a lot of policies that continue and increase that trend, which I hope he 180s soon. But as a realist, that's not going to happen(at least not any time soon) and just want to enjoy some entertainment, for that simple fact, it's entertainment.

All that being said, for a shitty ass team, this Bulls team is actually a lot of fun to watch. Maybe it's all those years of drafting 'high-bball-IQ' guys, but they get creative on the floor and it shows a lot of promise. It's not like watching the baby Bulls all over again and we're seeing bursts from unlikely players all the time. A low-expectation environment, as many players have put it, and it's working.

Out of the last so many games, the Bulls were doing a good job beating up middle of the pack teams for 2-3 quarters, then simply shutting down to still get that loss. I think these players have bought into the idea that the team is tanking, put in that 100% effort, then shut it down. A lot of good and bad comes with this style of development, because learning how to close out games is not just flipping on a switch. However, for all intents and purposes, it will keep the Bulls in a place where they get top odds for a top draft pick.
A lot of the stars that know how to win games are simply getting old, so by the time this team comes full circle(and that is really the ONLY hope for a Bulls fan right now) in the next few seasons, they should be a contender again. I still want those fucktards gone, but I like a lot more about this team, this situation, than I have over the last 4-5 seasons of "just blow it up already". And most importantly, I can enjoy watching games with no expectations(other than expecting a top pick).

Anyone else kind of feel similarly?

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I'm not local so I don't get to watch them much, but a young core of Dunn, Lavine, Markkanen, and say Luka Doncic or Bagely or Ayton would be a pretty good starting point.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I see what you're saying. I'm just not sure if we can tell if they collapse in the 4th out of design or because they really can't close out games. For now, it doesn't matter, but the part of me who still cares does wonder. It was a glorious collapse last night though. I have been impressed with Dunn of late. He doesn't seem quite as trash as I imagined. Still has a ways to go, but you can see the talent that got him drafted so high at least.

Hammer

Liked Posts:
We can definitely say that Bulls have made a great deal with Butler trade and basically gotten their future core (PG Dunn, SG Lavine, 7th pick - PF Markannen).
When you add another surefire Top 3 pick from 2018 Draft (PF/C Bagley or C Ayton), then I think Bulls fans have something to look for in the future.

They will basically be set at 4/5 starting positions (plus Valentine and Portis seem like a decent baskups), with only SF as a future need.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
We can definitely say that Bulls have made a great deal with Butler trade and basically gotten their future core (PG Dunn, SG Lavine, 7th pick - PF Markannen).
When you add another surefire Top 3 pick from 2018 Draft (PF/C Bagley or C Ayton), then I think Bulls fans have something to look for in the future.

They will basically be set at 4/5 starting positions (plus Valentine and Portis seem like a decent baskups), with only SF as a future need.

Makannen is TBD. The rest of that team, none of them start on a serious playoff contender, they are rotational scraps on a good team.

This is junk, long-term, gtfo with that false hope.

Iceman2385

Liked Posts:
Makannen is TBD. The rest of that team, none of them start on a serious playoff contender, they are rotational scraps on a good team.

This is junk, long-term, gtfo with that false hope.

I don't know if there rotational scraps. I think all 3 players can be starters on a winning team. I believe Lauri has a chance to be a good #2 option on a winning team. Lavine can definitely be a starter on a good team. Dunn has showed the potential to be winning point guard. None of them will become elite superstars, but I think there's a decent chance all 3 r above average starters. If the Bulls can find a star in next years draft this team could have the pieces to become a true contender relatively quickly.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
I like what the bulls are doing. Gotta give credit to garpax which I hate doing. They got rid of jimmy while he had some value. Now they will get a top 3 pick in the draft and can build around dunn and lauri

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I strongly believe that LaVine will not be a core player. He is bad defensively. He can score and play make a little bit but he doesn't do much off the ball. But I do believe he is a much better player than Justin Holiday and should improve this team. Though you can argue that is a bad thing this season.

I'm not sold on Dunn. Yes, he is a great defender but he doesn't have the shooting ability or athletic explosiveness off the dribble to be a great offensive player. "Core player" might be a stretch. He's expendable.

Markkanen actually looks like he could turn into something special. He is a stretch big who is an above average rebounder. His defense will only get better but I still believe he needs to improve his all-around scoring ability and become more of an inside threat.

Mirotic seems like he is hitting his ceiling and he's been more consistent so far this season so I give him credit.

Bobby Portis has impressed me too and has become a solid all-around big man.

Lopez is here doing the dirty work for them.

As for everyone else: trash.

Everyone on this team is expendable.

They are likely not going to end the season with a bad enough record to get the number 1 pick. And even if they did, that won't be enough to save them. If they were smart, they would immediately trade Lopez for a pick. He does nothing for this team besides make them better right now. And they honestly should trade Niko too as soon as it is allowed because Lauri is the future at that position. And all Niko is going to do is make them better right now as well.

GarPax still needs to go.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Well, the team has won 5 in a row...and Mirotic talks about himself in third person these days. Looks like things are trending up. Not that their trending up will help their future much. They are fun to watch though...

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Love it. When we need Miroshit to play good, he’s terrible except a handful of nights. We need him to be terrible to help get a good draft pick, he plays at an all star level. Hopefully someone else punches him in the face.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
The Bulls will be in the lottery, but I don't think they are anywhere close to bad enough to contend for the number 1 pick. Yeah, they could get lucky like they did in 2008, but they are more likely going to be picking between 6-10.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They will be last year's Heat. Do well enough to get out of the lottery and make a push for the playoffs but fall short

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
The Bulls will be in the lottery, but I don't think they are anywhere close to bad enough to contend for the number 1 pick. Yeah, they could get lucky like they did in 2008, but they are more likely going to be picking between 6-10.

The lottery is fixed. Bulls will get number 1 this year.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hypothetically speaking, if the Bulls get the 1st pick, who do you want?

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Gotta be Bagley right?

I like the big man but they just don't have the same impact on the game anymore.

DCguy

Liked Posts:
Bagley would be a good pick. But I'll understand if they picked Ayton.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I don't care who they pick, as long as they pan out.

Don't buy into predraft hype players, most wind up busting. IDGAF if they pick any of the players projected in the top-3 of drafts or make a smart move and pick someone who was projected at 6, but is the actual best player.