Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stanton

Default Stanton

Cubs are 1 of 4 teams on his trade list...

Im sure knowing this Theo and Jed may talk and see if they can work out a reasonable deal.

Remember my suggestion a while back with Heyward...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.yah...061636100.html

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Not happening honestly. Theo is not going to drop cheep controlled for that. The only guy that Theo would want to trade is Jason and no team wants that right now.

Hell no. No chance you even sniff good value on that deal.

I don't think itll happen and it could most likely end up with him just staying with Miami..

But of the 4 teams...

Yankees have 5 OFers already that their paying big money for...

Dodgers are trying to cut some payroll

Astros ..not sure if they have the money

Cubs have the money

So if it only these 4 teams and Marlins are looking to move him before season starts, then it basically in favor of these teams and what they want to offer

Stanton's contract gonna turn bad eventually unless they take Hayward's bad contract. Then is's a partial wash.

I would prefer to pass and see if Harper would be a better option.

CCS Staff

Stanton wants a to be a Dodger. Dodgerís canít afford him and the Yankees are calling Stantonís bluff by getting in now. Marlins need to trade Stanton and if they get him the only players for Harper next year are the Cubs and Phillies. Harper doesnít want to play in Philly and doesnít get $400 mil. Harper signs with the Cubs for 2019. Go Yankees!

Not realistic.

They'd have to move Heyward first, full salary too. Otherwise they'd have 500+ million committed between 2 OF (assuming neither opt out).

And Heyward has a full no-trade this year, and limited next 2 years, in the final years of his deal, he'd have 10-5 rights.

And with him seemingly unable to fix his swing, I doubt Theo will find someone interested to take on 20-22 million per year over the next 5 years for a guy with a broken swing the cubs haven't fixed going into his 3rd year of his deal.

This is breaking news from CNN, or Fox or whatever, fuck you.

Stanton traded to Yankees for Castro and prospects....

Good news is he goes to an AL team and we can check the yankees off the Harper list next off season

Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    Stanton traded to Yankees for Castro and prospects....

Good news is he goes to an AL team and we can check the yankees off the Harper list next off season

Well said. I was thinking the exact same thing about Harper/Yankees once I saw the breaking Stanton to the Yankees news.

Is it official though yet? Has he approved it?

Quote Originally Posted by smknivy420 View Post
    Well said. I was thinking the exact same thing about Harper/Yankees once I saw the breaking Stanton to the Yankees news.

Is it official though yet? Has he approved it?
    Yes..

Pending physicals now

Pretty shocked the Yanks went there. OF is not a need for them.

Yes..

Pending physicals now

If that's the case then I'm a happy camper now. Yes the Cubs lost out on Ohtani but at least he didn't end up in the NL, especially with the Dodgers, and now Stanton hopefully ends up in the AL with the Yankees, which we all know all it would've taken was his approval a few days ago and he's a Cardinal. The Dodgers never made a play for him either which is his preferred team, and now the Yankees most likely can't go after Harper next year. It's a win win. Go Yankees

I would not rule them out going for Harper still, Judge, Harper Stanton, but they say they want to get under the 197 million luxury tax by next year too.

I think its a lot different with the Yankees filling that big stadium when they really crunch the numbers.
    109 years since the last back to back world titles

All-Star

The Yankess got the reigning MVP.

The Marlins got Starlin Castro, and two prospects not considered top prospects.

And the Marlins sent $ 35 million TO the Yankees!!!!

I know two people here who will feel the Marlins got the best of the deal, but the rest of us have to look at this and ask WTF?

How is this possible? Is Jeter being paid by the Marlins, or the Yankees?

Approximately 365 days til the Cubs sign Bryce Harper

Approximately 365 days til the Cubs sign Bryce Harper

That's what I'm thinking. Thanks Yankees

LOL at the money laden Yankees. As soon as they got the no-go from Ohtani, you knew they had money burning a hole in their pocket....plus they got an extra $30 mill to play with to boot. Luxury tax means nothing to these people.

Still....I just don't see him being worth all the money he's gonna get. He had a career year. IMOP, he's a 30-35 HR .270 hitter....nice numbers but hardly worth what he will get paid. But it's nothing new to Cub fans...with our team being horse collared by Heyward's contract. Been there, done that.

Not sure if 21.5 mil is a horse collar. The deal in itself was fair market for his age and privious production. He has flat underperformed his contract. Even then his D picks up some of the lost value. He has put up a 1.5 and a .9 the last 2 years. 21 mil is around 2.6 WAR. He went into that contract avg 4.62 WAR per season. If anything it was a bargain.

All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by TL1961 View Post
    The Yankess got the reigning MVP.

The Marlins got Starlin Castro, and two prospects not considered top prospects.

And the Marlins sent $ 35 million TO the Yankees!!!!

I know two people here who will feel the Marlins got the best of the deal, but the rest of us have to look at this and ask WTF?

How is this possible? Is Jeter being paid by the Marlins, or the Yankees?
    The problem for the Marlins is the contract Stanton had. It was basically what he would have got in FA if he were a FA which means there was little value there and most teams can't add $300 mil to their long term budget. That plus Stanton axed two teams who could. So, sure from a value stand point it looks pretty dumb but there's a lot a team can do with $30 mil/year for the next 10 years. That's likely to be a third of their payroll. And the thing is they were unlikely to be good anyways so may as well really tank your salary.

Quote Originally Posted by CSF77 View Post
    Not sure if 21.5 mil is a horse collar. The deal in itself was fair market for his age and privious production. He has flat underperformed his contract. Even then his D picks up some of the lost value. He has put up a 1.5 and a .9 the last 2 years. 21 mil is around 2.6 WAR. He went into that contract avg 4.62 WAR per season. If anything it was a bargain.
    Not talking about at the signing point....talking about how it's played out so far. It IS a horse-collar...there can be no argument on that. Even in this day and age you don't pay that kind of money to a defensive player who doesn't hit for average or power. I don't give a fuck what the metrics say. I know what I see.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfoot View Post
    That's what I'm thinking. Thanks Yankees
    Who's to say the Yankees still won't sign Harper? Remember this is the Yankee's.

CCS Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Ari Bear View Post
    Who's to say the Yankees still won't sign Harper? Remember this is the Yankee's.
    I don’t doubt they’ll spend. They’re still trying to stay under the luxury tax this year, even with Stanton, to reset the clock so they can spend huge next year. I’d just say at this point Machado makes more sense for them than Harper.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast