Close
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but the first 4 games were against 3 top 7 defenses and the Saints who are 12th. The last 4 games were against 3 of the bottom 10 defenses and the Eagles

2. A message from our sponsors.

Please Register(it's free!) and Login to get rid of this advertisement.

Quote Originally Posted by Noonthirtyjoe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think I hit a nerve. I just want this season over before Fox does any real damage. I am a big Trubs fan. Considering he is a rookie and that he has no help and bad coaching I think he looks good.
    Don't worry, because you're right.

I wanted trubisky in the draft, I was excited when they traded up to get him because I thought he was the best qb prospect in the draft. But he has started to look to run instead of going through his progressions. And his mechanics have been shaky at times.

One thing that bothers me a bit about trubisky, is that he seemingly has to load up to get a lot of zip on his throws. I thought his arm was a bit better than he's shown. It's not a huge concern, Brady doesn't have a rocket arm, a lot of great QBs don't. It's just something that has jumped out to me.

I'd be stupid to not give him the benefit of the doubt considering his supporting cast, but if I were Pace and a QB he loves drops to the 4th round (which could happen, think Falk, stidham or Finley) I'd make the pick to ensure I had two guys I liked in the QB meetings.

I still think trubisky is going to be really good, but he definitely has a long way to go. It's just hard to judge him until he gets better players around him.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nicker For This Useful Post:

^ My name. What I say--> Starion's Avatar
    Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by legendxofxlink View Post
    Not to be a Debbie Downer, but the first 4 games were against 3 top 7 defenses and the Saints who are 12th. The last 4 games were against 3 of the bottom 10 defenses and the Eagles
    Which actually speaks well of the Bears actual starters before injuries piled up, given that even those losses were close, having been a GL score away from beating ATL, and a ref TD robbery from Miller away from beating NO.

Last 4 games were with lots of backups playing + league caught on to run-run-pass. No chance, but still within 1 score on all losses but 1 with Mitch (#1 PHI).

Coaching will change. Guys will heal. Sky ain't falling. Let's chill til Aug, and enjoy some meaningless practice games til New Years then new coach hire & off-season moves.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Starion For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

My 2 cents
    He's a rookie
    stop over analyzing him when you all said this year was a gimme for him.
    OL/WR in far greater need of the obsessive compulsive hand-wringing.
    "Nothing is work unless you'd rather be doing something else."

Quote Originally Posted by Noonthirtyjoe View Post
    I think I hit a nerve. I just want this season over before Fox does any real damage. I am a big Trubs fan. Considering he is a rookie and that he has no help and bad coaching I think he looks good.
    I get it butI was encouraged after last game. It looked like it was going the wrong direction the previous 2 weeks and he corrected himself. It doesn't look like much but it's a great big deal. I don't expect excellence this year with his supporting cast and 1 true G on the roster but I think he'll be OK. My biggest concern is the rush and lack of pocket he may be facing. What I'd like to see, is him being more decisive about when to scramble, run or throw. I'm sure it's made more difficult by not being able to throw to spots since our WRs are often beaten to them but I'd like to see quicker decisions.
    Stupid wall will never keep out aliens. Try to get in to this!
    Hidden Content

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by legendxofxlink View Post
    We were figured out after a few games. Run game has been non existent past few games. Not making excuses, but there are other factors included.

The offense as a whole looks like shit, and Trubisky has a lot of work to do, as does the rest of the offense.

Quote Originally Posted by playthrough2001 View Post
    Inman is by far their best receiver and he wasn't even playing for the Chargers. He had two receptions for 9 yards prior to his first game as a Bear. Hopefully that gives people on this site some perspective but it probably won't.
    In those 8 games, Defense and Special Teams has scored as many TDs as Trubisky has thrown for. Hopefully that gives people on this site some perspective but it probably won't.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    In those 8 games, Defense and Special Teams has scored as many TDs as Trubisky has thrown for. Hopefully that gives people on this site some perspective but it probably won't.
    Yeah, that you can't comprehend the correlation between a QB & a WR.
    Why is it so hard for you all to understand that one massively affects the other?
    Willful ignorance?
    "Nothing is work unless you'd rather be doing something else."

Pace is all in on Trubisky. Now he needs to protect his investment with a hc/QB coach/oc who can really develop him. He looks like an unpolished rookie but he hasn't yet done anything to make me super-worried it was a bad pick.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Monday Morning QB playthrough2001's Avatar
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Maybe Mitch should throw it up and run out and catch it.

Quote Originally Posted by playthrough2001 View Post
    Maybe Mitch should throw it up and run out and catch it.
    Inman and Wright are both professional athletes who have produced before in their careers. Cohen will even give you a ton of yards after the catch to pretty up those ugly numbers so letís stop pretending thereís nobody to throw to, okay?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Inman and Wright are both professional athletes who have produced before in their careers. Cohen will even give you a ton of yards after the catch to pretty up those ugly numbers so let’s stop pretending there’s nobody to throw to, okay?

Stop, just stop. You very well know those guys would be a #2 and #3 at best on another team and more than likely a #3 and #4 receiver on good teams. As for Cohen whats it fucking matter if the offensive coordinator intentionally keeps him off the field because he doesn't like the coverages defenses play when Cohen is on the field. Its stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by xer0h0ur View Post
    Stop, just stop. You very well know those guys would be a #2 and #3 at best on another team and more than likely a #3 and #4 receiver on good teams. As for Cohen whats it fucking matter if the offensive coordinator intentionally keeps him off the field because he doesn't like the coverages defenses play when Cohen is on the field. Its stupid.
    Well, Cohen is there to be used in several ways.

Blame Pace and Fox for lack of #1 wr, not injuries. Had no cause to depend on White and most would not have viewed Cameron Meredith as a #1 neither. He would have been a good #2 but the Bears not having a #1 was by design... or ignorance of the Pox regime.

I don't see any development since he is still not allowed to change plays. Knowing a defense is set up perfectly to stop what they are about to run and changing it is what a quarterback needs to do to develop. Coaches are confident that one of 3 receivers will be open and its up to him to find it. Well, don't think that's working much.
    109 years since the last back to back world titles

Thread Killer

He's a rookie.

He's a rookie.

He's a rookie.

Seriously, there's been enough good to give us some hope and enough bad to cause some concern. The next off season and training camp should give us a much better idea of what we have in Trubs.

19. A message from our sponsors.
    Please Register(it's free!) and Login to get rid of this advertisement.

Do you want to advertise with ChiCitySports?
    Ranked #1 Chicagoland sports news and message board online.
    A great opportunity for advertising and exposure, with an active base of fresh consumers always looking for sports-related items and miscellaneous "guy stuff".
    Please go here if you are interested in a multitude of placements on this site.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12