2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
From a pure statistical perspective, with no additional commentary, here are the stats for Mitch from his first four games to his last four.

First Four:

38 completions
80 pass attempts
47.5% completion percentage
2 touchdowns
2 interceptions
66.25 Rating

Last Four:

68 completions
113 pass attempts
60.1% completion percentage
3 touchdowns
2 interceptions
80.4 Rating

I'm very interested to see how he will look his last four games, especially if they cut him loose a bit.
If Fox is still coach, then he will never be cut loose

Sent from my RCT6703W13 using Tapatalk

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Not to be a Debbie Downer, but the first 4 games were against 3 top 7 defenses and the Saints who are 12th. The last 4 games were against 3 of the bottom 10 defenses and the Eagles

Nicker

Liked Posts:
I think I hit a nerve. I just want this season over before Fox does any real damage. I am a big Trubs fan. Considering he is a rookie and that he has no help and bad coaching I think he looks good.
Don't worry, because you're right.

I wanted trubisky in the draft, I was excited when they traded up to get him because I thought he was the best qb prospect in the draft. But he has started to look to run instead of going through his progressions. And his mechanics have been shaky at times.

One thing that bothers me a bit about trubisky, is that he seemingly has to load up to get a lot of zip on his throws. I thought his arm was a bit better than he's shown. It's not a huge concern, Brady doesn't have a rocket arm, a lot of great QBs don't. It's just something that has jumped out to me.

I'd be stupid to not give him the benefit of the doubt considering his supporting cast, but if I were Pace and a QB he loves drops to the 4th round (which could happen, think Falk, stidham or Finley) I'd make the pick to ensure I had two guys I liked in the QB meetings.

I still think trubisky is going to be really good, but he definitely has a long way to go. It's just hard to judge him until he gets better players around him.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not to be a Debbie Downer, but the first 4 games were against 3 top 7 defenses and the Saints who are 12th. The last 4 games were against 3 of the bottom 10 defenses and the Eagles

Which actually speaks well of the Bears actual starters before injuries piled up, given that even those losses were close, having been a GL score away from beating ATL, and a ref TD robbery from Miller away from beating NO.

Last 4 games were with lots of backups playing + league caught on to run-run-pass. No chance, but still within 1 score on all losses but 1 with Mitch (#1 PHI).

Coaching will change. Guys will heal. Sky ain't falling. Let's chill til Aug, and enjoy some meaningless practice games til New Years then new coach hire & off-season moves.

tenor.gif

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
My 2 cents
He's a rookie
stop over analyzing him when you all said this year was a gimme for him.
OL/WR in far greater need of the obsessive compulsive hand-wringing.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think I hit a nerve. I just want this season over before Fox does any real damage. I am a big Trubs fan. Considering he is a rookie and that he has no help and bad coaching I think he looks good.

I get it butI was encouraged after last game. It looked like it was going the wrong direction the previous 2 weeks and he corrected himself. It doesn't look like much but it's a great big deal. I don't expect excellence this year with his supporting cast and 1 true G on the roster but I think he'll be OK. My biggest concern is the rush and lack of pocket he may be facing. What I'd like to see, is him being more decisive about when to scramble, run or throw. I'm sure it's made more difficult by not being able to throw to spots since our WRs are often beaten to them but I'd like to see quicker decisions.

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
We were figured out after a few games. Run game has been non existent past few games. Not making excuses, but there are other factors included.

The offense as a whole looks like shit, and Trubisky has a lot of work to do, as does the rest of the offense.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Inman is by far their best receiver and he wasn't even playing for the Chargers. He had two receptions for 9 yards prior to his first game as a Bear. Hopefully that gives people on this site some perspective but it probably won't.
In those 8 games, Defense and Special Teams has scored as many TDs as Trubisky has thrown for. Hopefully that gives people on this site some perspective but it probably won't.

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
In those 8 games, Defense and Special Teams has scored as many TDs as Trubisky has thrown for. Hopefully that gives people on this site some perspective but it probably won't.

Yeah, that you can't comprehend the correlation between a QB & a WR.
Why is it so hard for you all to understand that one massively affects the other?
Willful ignorance?

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pace is all in on Trubisky. Now he needs to protect his investment with a hc/QB coach/oc who can really develop him. He looks like an unpolished rookie but he hasn't yet done anything to make me super-worried it was a bad pick.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs

Maybe Mitch should throw it up and run out and catch it.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Maybe Mitch should throw it up and run out and catch it.

Inman and Wright are both professional athletes who have produced before in their careers. Cohen will even give you a ton of yards after the catch to pretty up those ugly numbers so let’s stop pretending there’s nobody to throw to, okay?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Inman and Wright are both professional athletes who have produced before in their careers. Cohen will even give you a ton of yards after the catch to pretty up those ugly numbers so let’s stop pretending there’s nobody to throw to, okay?

Stop, just stop. You very well know those guys would be a #2 and #3 at best on another team and more than likely a #3 and #4 receiver on good teams. As for Cohen whats it fucking matter if the offensive coordinator intentionally keeps him off the field because he doesn't like the coverages defenses play when Cohen is on the field. Its stupid.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Stop, just stop. You very well know those guys would be a #2 and #3 at best on another team and more than likely a #3 and #4 receiver on good teams. As for Cohen whats it fucking matter if the offensive coordinator intentionally keeps him off the field because he doesn't like the coverages defenses play when Cohen is on the field. Its stupid.
Well, Cohen is there to be used in several ways.

Blame Pace and Fox for lack of #1 wr, not injuries. Had no cause to depend on White and most would not have viewed Cameron Meredith as a #1 neither. He would have been a good #2 but the Bears not having a #1 was by design... or ignorance of the Pox regime.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I don't see any development since he is still not allowed to change plays. Knowing a defense is set up perfectly to stop what they are about to run and changing it is what a quarterback needs to do to develop. Coaches are confident that one of 3 receivers will be open and its up to him to find it. Well, don't think that's working much.

Phibbulous

Thread Killer
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Toronto Blue Jays
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Toronto Maple Leafs
  1. Michigan Wolverines
He's a rookie.

He's a rookie.

He's a rookie.

Seriously, there's been enough good to give us some hope and enough bad to cause some concern. The next off season and training camp should give us a much better idea of what we have in Trubs.

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:

I would think watching MT's improvement over basically half a season and having an even rough understanding of the game of football/the context of his play would give people on this site perspective....

Evidently, it hasn't.

23k posts on this board and completely clueless about the game of football-now that's an accomplishment of sorts.

It's just mind-blowing how insanely football dumb some people on here are, but then again there are a lot of dumb people walking around.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He's a rookie.

He's a rookie.

He's a rookie.

Seriously, there's been enough good to give us some hope and enough bad to cause some concern. The next off season and training camp should give us a much better idea of what we have in Trubs.

There are most certainly things he has to work on and improve upon. Can you point out though what it is that causes concern? Because I can't really say there is a particular singular aspect of his game play that has really made me think oh shit, maybe he isn't the guy. The closest I can come to putting my finger on something like that would be the sacks he takes and that is splitting hairs to come up with something since some have been coverage or containment sacks while others have been completely on him.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:

That's being very generous of you even. Wright was struggling to find a team to play on and inman wasn't even sniffing the field in LA. But hey, they are 'professional athletes' as spartan says lmao. Tons of weapons on this team.