The Development of Mitchell Trubisky

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:
If any receiver was a #2 on a team, the team would be in need of an upgrade at the position.

We also don't have anything close to a #1 TE....Simms is a quality #2, and after that it's an abyss despite some flashes lately.

The line has been good, i'd grant that.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
If any receiver was a #2 on a team, the team would be in need of an upgrade at the position.

We also don't have anything close to a #1 TE....Simms is a quality #2, and after that it's an abyss despite some flashes lately.

The line has been good, i'd grant that.

You heard of a guy named Adam Shaheen???

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I'm going to say something that is not popular.

Fox and Dowell are doing a decent job of developing the young players.

Trubisky was never under center in college, so he did not have to make the drops. But he has been under center a lot and has learned a great deal from that.
Shaheen was a poor blocker in college, but that is all he did for the vast majority of the season, now that his blocking skills have actually looked decent (better than Sims), he is being groomed in the passing game.

While it is totally frustrating to wait till these guys develop, we are an instant gratification society, and I'm guilt as the next guy.

Do I want Fox to remain, HELL NO! But he and his staff have not screwed up Trubisky, they have laid a solid foundation for the next coaching staff.

RochBear

Liked Posts:
Mdbearz dared to say "But he and his staff have not screwed up Trubisky, they have laid a solid foundation for the next coaching staff." I don't see Trubisky as screwed up yet or heading that way, either. His last outing was a nice step forward. The obsession so many of us have is of course because the QB position is so freaking important. It seems like the SuperBowl winner is either a team with a top QB or one who is doing an imitation of that play during playoffs (hat tip to J. Flacco). There are exceptions (oddly, P. Manning his last year and T. Brady his first perhaps) but they are rare. The Bears franchise seem cursed to bad QB play and in this era that's doom. So, I at last, continue to obsess/fear/hope.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Inman and Wright are both professional athletes who have produced before in their careers. Cohen will even give you a ton of yards after the catch to pretty up those ugly numbers so let’s stop pretending there’s nobody to throw to, okay?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dude shut up....both guys couldnt suit up for there previous teams. I think Wright is a good slot guy #3 at best. U are getting pretty pathetic. Go to the 49ers board..Im sure there is a JG fluffer thread u can join.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Dude shut up....both guys couldnt suit up for there previous teams. I think Wright is a good slot guy #3 at best. U are getting pretty pathetic. Go to the 49ers board..Im sure there is a JG fluffer thread u can join.

LOL. It's only Bleacher report but back in May when White and Cam were healthy, they had us ranked as the 31st WR group.

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
https://www.facebook.com/ChicagoBears/photos/a.132844134451.103742.115897014451/10156024685744452/?type=3&theater

rook_zpsq5pzn62w.jpg

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
so superbowl in 3 years?
You say that jokingly, but if the right coach is gotten and the Bears draft as well as they have the past two years, then a Super Bowl in three years time is not out of the question.

It's all going to depend on surrounding Mitch with talent and protection.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
You say that jokingly, but if the right coach is gotten and the Bears draft as well as they have the past two years, then a Super Bowl in three years time is not out of the question.

It's all going to depend on surrounding Mitch with talent and protection.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

only half joking.. with the right coaches I would expect playoffs in 2 years.. so a superbowl win in 3 is possible

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Trubisky training for his TD celebration. Left tittie, right tittie. They haven't got to the kissing part yet.
Wax-On-Wax-Off-snoopy_sophie-32378028-500-275.gif

Schmidtaki

Just your everyday fail.
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think Fox stays. I just have a feeling they are going to give him another year, especially if the Bears win out.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I love the Cinci fans in this gif. They are completely defeated.

LOL, I don't know if people watch the videos the Bears put up on YouTube (I am subbed so I watch them all). On one of the recent Trubisky videos he's talking about how he noticed there were a lot of Bears fans at the Cinci game and towards the end of the game the Bungles fans had emptied out from the stadium and it was mostly Bears fans left there cheering. A sight for sore eyes as a Bears fan. I remember those days when Bears fans took over stadiums during the Cutler years.

The Doctor

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
Tru (His teammates call him that so who am I to argue) was sacked 16 times in his first 5 games and only 7 times in his last 4 so that part of his development seems to be trending in the right direction.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If we go 7-9 and Fox is retained expect some I told you so's. Don't confuse this with what people want though.