The Development of Mitchell Trubisky

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
From a pure statistical perspective, with no additional commentary, here are the stats for Mitch from his first four games to his last four.

First Four:

38 completions
80 pass attempts
47.5% completion percentage
2 touchdowns
2 interceptions
66.25 Rating

Last Four:

68 completions
113 pass attempts
60.1% completion percentage
3 touchdowns
2 interceptions
80.4 Rating

I'm very interested to see how he will look his last four games, especially if they cut him loose a bit.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
From a pure statistical perspective, with no additional commentary, here are the stars for Mitch from his first four games to his last four.

First Four:

38 completions
80 pass attempts
2 touchdowns
2 interceptions
66.25 Rating

Last Four:

68 completions
113 pass attempts
3 touchdowns
2 interceptions
80.4 Rating

I'm very interested to see how he will look his last four games, especially if they cut him loose a bit.

Not as important as Trusisky..... but Pace simply has to mandate that Shaheen gets some playing time these last four games too. Seasons over. I can live with the kids mistakes.... none of it matters now anyways. If Fox won't do it can his ass.

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
I agree, now is the time to let these rookies play. It would be inexcusable if they didn't get a lot more opportunities considering we are out of this thing.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
From a pure statistical perspective, with no additional commentary, here are the stats for Mitch from his first four games to his last four.

First Four:

38 completions
80 pass attempts
2 touchdowns
2 interceptions
66.25 Rating

Last Four:

68 completions
113 pass attempts
3 touchdowns
2 interceptions
80.4 Rating

Hopefully this can put some things into perspective for the meatballs that think the world is falling and we need to draft another QB in 2018.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
His stats may be getting alittle better but I see things I don't like. He is getting skittish and losing confidence. He is looking to check down more now. He is not looking downfield as much and he is rushing some plays before they develop. I just wish this season was over before Fox fucks him up for good.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Hopefully this can put some things into perspective for the meatballs that think the world is falling and we need to draft another QB in 2018.

Meatball like NE,GB,Chiefs? Are meatballs the winning organizations to you? Only meatballs don't want a second QB grooming.

Crda44

Liked Posts:
His stats may be getting alittle better but I see things I don't like. He is getting skittish and losing confidence. He is looking to check down more now. He is not looking downfield as much and he is rushing some plays before they develop. I just wish this season was over before Fox fucks him up for good.

It almost seems to me and has ever since the pre season game where he left Mitch in there the 4th quarter that Fox wants him to fail because he never agreed with drafting him idk it's impossible to figure out wtf Fox is doing most of the time anyway

Ej63090

Anti-Exultant Cruise Dire
Liked Posts:
The pre snap trick on the TD is pretty damn impressive.

I’d love to see him become a better pocket manipulator, but you need better interior protection, which he won’t get this year.

Shutting down Kyle Long is the 2nd best move they made all season.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Just stop. Seriously. Just stop.

He isn't getting pass attempts to begin with and what he has been getting equals to this:

Trubisky is 14th in average intended air yards, Jared Goff is 15th... Trubisky is 10th in average completed air yards.

https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/p...ompleted-yards

You're looking for things that aren't there. Now if you're trying to say he doesn't trust the idiots he's throwing to. Well then no shit. Inman is practically the only competent receiver and I suppose you can call Wright half of a competent slot receiver.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:

He needed the experience. No one said he was a polished product, and he isn't. Fox isn't going to fuck him up for good, lol. If anything the kid will bust his ass this offseason to get better.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

First Four:

38 completions
80 pass attempts
2 touchdowns
2 interceptions
66.25 Rating

Last Four:

68 completions
113 pass attempts
3 touchdowns
2 interceptions
80.4 Rating

What about the points scored and offensive yards? Whether he's thrown the TD or not, he's the QB of the offense that's moving the ball down the field. If the points and yards are up, it shows he's moving the offense better.

KoreanBear

Liked Posts:

I think you answered your question right there.
All the skittish shit should be fixed with better coaching and WRs

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Go back and look at every single starting QB's rookie season stats. Trubisky's stats are on par with Wentz, Ryan, Stafford, Cam, Goff, Rivers, Eili, etc, etc. He has done this with a terrible OC/HC and zero supporting cast. He's played 8 games. You are over exaggerating.

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
bearmick said:
What about the points scored and offensive yards? Whether he's thrown the TD or not, he's the QB of the offense that's moving the ball down the field. If the points and yards are up, it shows he's moving the offense better.

While I'm not sure I fully agree that offensive yards are indicative of much, since we can't run the last two games and can't get the opposing offense off the field to run plays, here is the answer (note, I removed defensive and special teams tds. I did nothing to turnovers that gave us fgs. This should be an assessment of offensive points):

First four games:

269 yards per game
10.75 points per game

Last four games:

252 yards per game
12.5 points per game

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
I think I hit a nerve. I just want this season over before Fox does any real damage. I am a big Trubs fan. Considering he is a rookie and that he has no help and bad coaching I think he looks good.

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
I have no idea why I couldnt quote you but the answer is above.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
While I'm not sure I fully agree that offensive yards are indicative of much, since we can't run the last two games and can't get the opposing offense off the field to run plays, here is the answer (note, I removed defensive and special teams tds. I did nothing to turnovers that gave us fgs. This should be an assessment of offensive points):

First four games:

269 yards per game
10.75 points per game

Last four games:

252 yards per game
12.5 points per game

Can you also get us numbers for when Cutler was here under Gase lol? I guarantee you the yards per game are very similar. Probably an uptick in points, but not much. Didn't somebody make a thread saying under Fox the Bears average 1.3 TDs per game? My point being, I don't think it matters much who is under center, they aren't accomplishing much in this offense. Especially not a rookie Qb who isn't allowed to do anything and throws 15x per game.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Not as important as Trusisky..... but Pace simply has to mandate that Shaheen gets some playing time these last four games too. Seasons over. I can live with the kids mistakes.... none of it matters now anyways. If Fox won't do it can his ass.

:isee:

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Just stop. Seriously. Just stop.

He isn't getting pass attempts to begin with and what he has been getting equals to this:

Trubisky is 14th in average intended air yards, Jared Goff is 15th... Trubisky is 10th in average completed air yards.

https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/p...ompleted-yards

You're looking for things that aren't there. Now if you're trying to say he doesn't trust the idiots he's throwing to. Well then no shit. Inman is practically the only competent receiver and I suppose you can call Wright half of a competent slot receiver.

Inman is by far their best receiver and he wasn't even playing for the Chargers. He had two receptions for 9 yards prior to his first game as a Bear. Hopefully that gives people on this site some perspective but it probably won't.