Stanton

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
Who's to say the Yankees still won't sign Harper? Remember this is the Yankee's.

I don’t doubt they’ll spend. They’re still trying to stay under the luxury tax this year, even with Stanton, to reset the clock so they can spend huge next year. I’d just say at this point Machado makes more sense for them than Harper.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
I don’t doubt they’ll spend. They’re still trying to stay under the luxury tax this year, even with Stanton, to reset the clock so they can spend huge next year. I’d just say at this point Machado makes more sense for them than Harper.
I agree..
I mean how many high cost outfielders do they need

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

DanTown

Liked Posts:
There's no way the Yankees afford Harper long term unless they trade Judge for controllable depth/youth but I can't imagine you'd ever do that.

Harper to the Cubs or Nationals. If the Cubs have another low 90s win year and never separate from the division and the Nats win the NL and win another 100+ games, I think it will be hard for Harper to leave that. If the Nats struggle or don't win the NL, I could definitely see him leaving for the Cubs and wanting to tie his long-term career to Bryant than any of the Nats. And Harper for the Cubs makes a ton of sense as a future Rizzo replacement both in paying Anthony and playing 1B.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
There's no way the Yankees afford Harper long term unless they trade Judge for controllable depth/youth but I can't imagine you'd ever do that.

Harper to the Cubs or Nationals. If the Cubs have another low 90s win year and never separate from the division and the Nats win the NL and win another 100+ games, I think it will be hard for Harper to leave that. If the Nats struggle or don't win the NL, I could definitely see him leaving for the Cubs and wanting to tie his long-term career to Bryant than any of the Nats. And Harper for the Cubs makes a ton of sense as a future Rizzo replacement both in paying Anthony and playing 1B.

When Magic was involved with the Dodgers purchase they dished out 252 million dollars worth of contracts. Maybe its time the yankess be the Yankees again

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:

Another right handed power bat makes more sense than a lefty in Harper? Sanchez, Judge, Stanton.....gotta split them up with someone scary.