Kenny Britt Waived

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
That shitty WR had 68 catches for 1002 yards last year. There's literally zero downside to picking him up for the remainder of the season to see if he still has it. We have nothing to lose.

He also has an average of < 3 catches and 45 yards per game as a pro. He's a shitty WR; one fluke year doesn't change that fact. People around here -- not necessarily you -- constantly trot out the "we have nothing to lose" argument, then follow it up by bitching about the result when it doesn't pan out (see: all of this offseason's WR acquisitions).

34_Bear

Liked Posts:
Pretty Sure Britt is a speed guy that the Bears desperately need to open up the field. If loggains coached him in Tennessee then it may happen. Ive had him on my FF in years past and was always frustrated with him and not surprised he is known for taking plays off.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
He also has an average of < 3 catches and 45 yards per game as a pro. He's a shitty WR; one fluke year doesn't change that fact. People around here -- not necessarily you -- constantly trot out the "we have nothing to lose" argument, then follow it up by bitching about the result when it doesn't pan out (see: all of this offseason's WR acquisitions).
Lol but isn't that still an upgrade on who we have? 45 ypg is pretty good compared to what we are getting now..

Sent from my Z988 using Tapatalk

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
Britt packed it in this season, is a cancer, and was even called out by his own coaches. Not a guy I’d want on this team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

I would typically be against picking up a mediocre journeyman because they take playing time away from younger players. In this case though, we don't really have any WRs that we are trying to develop. Change of scenery might be good for him. The fact that he mailed it in for the Browns doesn't surprise me. Not that the Bears are any better, but the cut may motivate him to compete for a roster spot next season.

The Doctor

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
Too many red flags for my taste. Plus it took Inman, what(?), 3 weeks to learn enough of the play book to get on the field. Based on that Britt could maybe get on the field a little in the last game of the season. Not worth it.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
He's a total bum.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I would typically be against picking up a mediocre journeyman because they take playing time away from younger players. In this case though, we don't really have any WRs that we are trying to develop. Change of scenery might be good for him. The fact that he mailed it in for the Browns doesn't surprise me. Not that the Bears are any better, but the cut may motivate him to compete for a roster spot next season.

I'd agree if he weren't already on his way out of his third stop in his career. Didn't live up to his draft status in TN, played one good and two semi-decent seasons for the Rams, got cut by the Browns year-one; that's not a track record I'd invest in.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
I don’t know if you guys watch any Browns games, but they drop every third pass. It’s unbelievable.

So they're an improvement?
And if that's per series we rarely get to 3 passes.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Major Ursa

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Utah State Aggies
Pretty Sure Britt is a speed guy that the Bears desperately need to open up the field. If loggains coached him in Tennessee then it may happen. Ive had him on my FF in years past and was always frustrated with him and not surprised he is known for taking plays off.

He's got ok speed ala Alshon Jeffery, but not a guy that takes the top off the defense.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
Yeah, Pats grabbed him up.
And that is why the New England Patriots are so damn good every year. They always aren't afraid to make a smart move to take a chance on potentially skilled players who came out of a bad situation. And they also aren't afraid to let such people go if they don't mesh with the team.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
And that is why the New England Patriots are so damn good every year. They always aren't afraid to make a smart move to take a chance on potentially skilled players who came out of a bad situation. And they also aren't afraid to let such people go if they don't mesh with the team.

This has shades of the Pats signing Michael Floyd when he was released from Arizona. Didn’t stick long.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
The Pats can do that because they have a winning organization and culture built over years. Even bad seeds are willing to clean up their act to play there for the chance to win a superbowl. Well, most of them....

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
This has shades of the Pats signing Michael Floyd when he was released from Arizona. Didn’t stick long.
He'll stick if he's any good and if he isn't they'll have him gone before next year

aciecargill

Liked Posts:
I wonder if the Pats told his agent hey were interested so he would start messing up and get cut by the Browns

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Member when Pace fleeced the Pats with Akiem Hicks? Pepperidge Farm remembers