New staff will have it easy compared to last 2 staffs.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Title says it all. This new staff will have it easy compared to the last 2 staffs. Tdog and Fox had a uphill battle like no ones business. They suck on their own but really look at the situation they had to deal with. Only Iron Mike himself has walked into such a good situation in Bears history as this new staff will have it. We got a young QB, we got money to spend, we got a very very good draft position, we got no contracts killing us, we got no expatiations. We have a team already 75% rebuilt and adding the right players coupled with better coaching should bring victories in the near future. At this point only a chosen few franchises have the talent to fumble this oppertunity and we are one of those chosen few. If this staff fails then we truly are the Browns West.

Agree or disagree that this staff has it easy compared to the last few?

Mitchapalooza

Did you give your account to a banned member or something?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
There is so much baggage and apathy that while there is more talent, there is also more pressure.

A slow start in 2018 and people will be right back at Pace.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
Title says it all. This new staff will have it easy compared to the last 2 staffs. Tdog and Fox had a uphill battle like no ones business. They suck on their own but really look at the situation they had to deal with. Only Iron Mike himself has walked into such a good situation in Bears history as this new staff will have it. We got a young QB, we got money to spend, we got a very very good draft position, we got no contracts killing us, we got no expatiations. We have a team already 75% rebuilt and adding the right players coupled with better coaching should bring victories in the near future. At this point only a chosen few franchises have the talent to fumble this oppertunity and we are one of those chosen few. If this staff fails then we truly are the Browns West.

I absolutely agree although maybe not to the extent that you say.

I don't think this roster is 75% built if you want to contend in the playoffs. But I do think that they can be playoff winners with two more drafts like the last two. I think with good coaching they make the playoffs next year.

Everything hinges on the new coach. If the new coach can unlock trubisky, then the Bears will be riding high for quite some time. If not then pace and the coach are toast. But that is exactly how it should be. If it ends in failure, then I cannot blame the process that pace used, only the selections of players and Personnel he chose.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
There is so much baggage and apathy that while there is more talent, there is also more pressure.

You and others confused fan and media apathy with Team apathy. I guarantee you that with a new coach, if that coach is worth its salt, the team will be looking to do big things.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:

Is that a yes or no on this staff having it better?

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
I absolutely agree although maybe not to the extent that you say.

I don't think this roster is 75% built if you want to contend in the playoffs. But I do think that they can be playoff winners with two more drafts like the last two. I think with good coaching they make the playoffs next year.

Everything hinges on the new coach. If the new coach can unlock trubisky, then the Bears will be riding high for quite some time. If not then pace and the coach are toast. But that is exactly how it should be. If it ends in failure, then I cannot blame the process that pace used, only the selections of players and Personnel he chose.

75% is with Trubs being what we hope he is.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I do think that they can be playoff winners with two more drafts like the last two. I think with good coaching they make the playoffs next year.

Add in much better injury luck and even a hater like me can agree with this.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
Add in much better injury luck and even a hater like me can agree with this.
Interesting thought that I've had; what if the issue with injuries isn't one of not having a proper training staff, but of an old-school coach like John Fox having the players practice in a manner that isn't conducive to staying healthy for much of the season?

I am very curious to see what happens when Pace finally gets his pick of coach. GM, coach, quarterback. That is the Trinity that all good franchises must have.

Any one not being up to Snuff can derail the whole thing.

I see promise in trubisky and while not a great GM, I do see Pace as a good enough GM given what he's landed in the draft. What I fail to see is adequate coaching.

I see drafted players showing skills and explosiveness, but lacking refinement and discipline. I see bad habits being formed, and a lack of an overall plan everyone is buying into.

All of those things are the domain of coaching. It is the main reason why I am optimistic that if Pace gets the right coach, the Bears will have a very good year next year.

#FireEveryoneGeorge

Liked Posts:
Teddy -

John Fox brought the Strength & Conditioning coach with him from Demver. I would venture to guess that guy will be shown the door on Jan. 1 along with Fox.

I could be wrong, but I think the Sports Science crew is all Pace. But I don't think they are the ones to blame for the injuries. They help players with nutrition and other things outside of the weight room, from what I've gathered.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I totally agree what new HC wants to come into a situation where:
No QB
No money
Late draft picks
A roster full of turds

While I think that the roster needs some improvement it is not a total wash. I would say just over half are guys you want back.

Imagine what we could be if we fix only OLB, RT and WR. With the money and picks we should be able to fix those positions and get some depth.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Is that a yes or no on this staff having it better?

I think it is going to be a little better

3 years ago
-Less talent
-Less pressure
-More security (Pace was New as well)

Now
-More talent
-More pressure
-Less secutiy (Pace has taken some body blows)

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
Teddy -

John Fox brought the Strength & Conditioning coach with him from Demver. I would venture to guess that guy will be shown the door on Jan. 1 along with Fox.

I could be wrong, but I think the Sports Science crew is all Pace. But I don't think they are the ones to blame for the injuries. They help players with nutrition and other things outside of the weight room, from what I've gathered.
Really good to know.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
I totally agree what new HC wants to come into a situation where:
No QB
No money
Late draft picks
A roster full of turds

While I think that the roster needs some improvement it is not a total wash. I would say just over half are guys you want back.

Imagine what we could be if we fix only OLB, RT and WR. With the money and picks we should be able to fix those positions and get some depth.
What team are you describing there?

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
What team are you describing there?

The team I described is what we were just a few years ago. We are the opposite of that now.

We could not cut Jay Cutler because of the cap Implications and the team was set up as a 4-3 with hardly any play makers. Also we were winning enough games to take us out of the top ten.

MurrDogg34

Liked Posts:

While the team is not good, it is in a better position than it was 5 years ago. They have a QB with potential (might not hit it but you never know) and young talent (if you want to call it that) along with a load of cap space (we'll see if Pace uses it well this year). Hope Trest and Fox are the Bears version of Svuem and Renteria before the Cubs got Maddon (but I doubt it).

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
The only thing that is 75 percent rebuilt is Kevin White.