dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I see a lot of mocks all over the place.
Several have Mike McGlinchey/Orlando Brown
Some have Arden Key I've only seen 1 with Chubb going in the top 7.
Ridley if we are picking at 6/7

I will wait until free agencies is over before I really chime in I suppose. Having a play maker is all that really matters.

I'm scared of drafting A.Key. He's had a bad year and McShay was talking about scouts he's talked to about him are worried if he wants it enough to be a great NFL player. Kiper said he could be the next B.Mingo and we don't need another speed rusher anyway with already having Floyd. I still like H.Landry and this Sam Hubbard kid from Ohio St seems to be climbing up some draft boards but everyone is behind B.Chubb for me for OLB anyway. I also hope we take a hard look at Anthony Miller (WR Memphis) in the draft. A lot of mocks have this kid going 3rd and even 4th round but i think this kid could be a beast in the NFL and even saw someone call him the next A.Brown.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Ferrell is after the 3 i mentioned. Dude is a beast, but has a lot of help on Clemson's unit.

Dorance Armstrong Jr. is my gem. Kansas sucks, they get blown out, yet he's a constant mismatch that forces opposing offenses to avoid his half of the field. Kliff Kingsbury's high powered Texas Tech offense this year should have put up 80, Armstrong single-handedly made him tear apart the rest of the Jayhawks' crap secondary on the QB's left side of the field, when Armstrong didn't blow up the backfield. Dude should be a top 10 pick, and he's bottom of the 1st round, for reasons that baffle me. He's got to polish his game for the next level obviously, specifically shedding blocks from guards against the run. Mock draft pundits these days grade him down, oft citing his team's bad defense--which is out of his control.

Chubb in 4 plays made Louisville and their Heisman QB half their field because they wouldn't go to his side. He's the obvious 1st desire/

Landry is the same. No problem if he ends up a bear.

Ferrell has Christian Wilkins and Austin Bryant helping him out. When talent is scarce or injured, how is he off on his own on an island facing doubles/having teams game plan for him? I know what the prior 3 I like can do, I don't know because Ferrell isn't asked to do it all, 2 other 1st round defensive prospects help.

I'd target him early round 2, not drop a top 1st round pick on him. Landry, Armstrong Jr., and Chubb without question.

I'm a little worried that Landry and Armstrong are designated pass rushers, at least at the beginning of their careers. Especially Landry. I've only seen a little of Armstrong.

Chubb is clearly the best, I began watching him early this year and was totally impressed, the most disruptive player since Aaron Donald I think. He was incredible again Louisville.

I'd put Ferrell around 10-15 personally. I think he helps out Bryant much more than Bryant helps him. Bryant, to me, is more of second rounder. Base 4-3 type.

What do you guys think about Sam Hubbard (OLB Ohio St)??

dennehy

Liked Posts:
What do you guys think about Sam Hubbard (OLB Ohio St)??

Very talented but inconsistent. I lived in Cincinnati when he was in high school there. Was hyped as one of the most talented high school players in a while, and Cincinnati is a hotbed of talent. That said, he hasn't been dominating at OSU. Don't see him as a great bender. Would see him more as a second rounder based on potential, and I'd be skeptical if the Bears took him there.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Leno was really bad on the right side when we first got him and as soon as they put him at LT the improvement was easily noticeable. With all the needs we have right now why would you wanna use our very valuable 1st on a LT when we have one that is just fine? He's not a pro bowler and everyone knows that but he's a good LT and we can win with him there.

Yep, he was BAAAD at RT. I'm surprised how many forget this.

hester247

Liked Posts:
Based on what we currently know of the Bears... the likely hood of the team finishing 4-12 or 5-11 is very strong.... and we could still end up 3-13 (just must believe we can at least beat the Browns)
The team will likely end up finishing in the top five... top ten is best case if we miraculously end up upsetting a team or two.

Based on this the Bears should be in position again this year to control their own draft destiny. Based on what you know right now... what is your early position /player you would like to see the Bears drafting?

Defensive players like: DE- Bradley Chubb, DE/OLB - Arden Key, DBs - Derwin Jame or Minkah Fitzpatrick

or

Offensive players like: WRs - Calvin Ridley or Courtland Sutton, OL - Mike McGlinchey, QBs - Lamar Jackson or Sam Darnold

OLB or DE is main priority in draft... Chubb if available if not Arden Key....if both gone I want Fitzpatrick...I really think FA is where Bears will hit on WR talent and then snag best available WR in 2nd rd like Kirk

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
They way Key interviews and how he performs at the combine will play a huge factor in his draft slot. He has question marks that need answering both mentally and physically.

There's little doubt that he is explosive but he is awkward and cumbersome at times. Could be do to adding the weight and getting used to it or his overall coordination skills could be lacking.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I'm a little worried that Landry and Armstrong are designated pass rushers, at least at the beginning of their careers. Especially Landry. I've only seen a little of Armstrong.

Chubb is clearly the best, I began watching him early this year and was totally impressed, the most disruptive player since Aaron Donald I think. He was incredible again Louisville.

I'd put Ferrell around 10-15 personally. I think he helps out Bryant much more than Bryant helps him. Bryant, to me, is more of second rounder. Base 4-3 type.

Agree with all of this. Landry can get embarrassed in the run game. Armstrong just never really has done much for me. He's undersized and did next to nothing this year. 3rd round pick to me.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Chubb, Key or Ridley. If we get a pass rusher in the 1st, get a WR in the 2nd (and vice versa). Then double up on OLmen with our pair of 4ths

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
If rumors are true that Pace tried to trade for Jalen Ramsey in the draft it wouldn't surprise me to see Minkah being his guy. I'd personally like to see Chubb and hope that Anthony Miller is there at the top of the second.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Chubb in the 1st would be ideal for me...and then an OT in the 2nd, WR in the 4th

Bring back Fuller, Prince, Meredith, Inman and some others

Sign Jarvis Landry and Davante Adams. It will cost a lot but the Bears need to ensure they have the right talent around Trubs. Both guys are still young and haven't hit their prime.

Offensive play makers: Howard, Cohen, Shaheen, Landry, Adams, Meredith, Inman to go with a stout offensive line and a new HC who can utilize weapons and develop Trubisky. Everyone of those guys are 28 and under.

If Meredith can come back healthy, the Bears go from the worst WR corp to one of the most talented and well rounded units in the league with Adams/Meredith/Landry/Inman/rookie/White

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Chubb in the 1st would be ideal for me...and then an OT in the 2nd, WR in the 4th

Bring back Fuller, Prince, Meredith, Inman and some others

Sign Jarvis Landry and Davante Adams. It will cost a lot but the Bears need to ensure they have the right talent around Trubs. Both guys are still young and haven't hit their prime.

Offensive play makers: Howard, Cohen, Shaheen, Landry, Adams, Meredith, Inman to go with a stout offensive line and a new HC who can utilize weapons and develop Trubisky. Everyone of those guys are 28 and under.

If Meredith can come back healthy, the Bears go from the worst WR corp to one of the most talented and well rounded units in the league with Adams/Meredith/Landry/Inman/rookie/White

The Bears are in no way going to spend 100 million dollars on the WR position.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
The Bears are in no way going to spend 100 million dollars on the WR position.
Well instead of Landry/Adams make it Landry/Robinson. Allen Robinson is coming off ACL surgery in 2017 and had a down year in 2016, so his worth on the open market is up in the air right now. He might have to sign a one year show me deal like Jeffery did for the Eagles.

napo55

Liked Posts:
The Bears have pretty much the worst offensive unit in the NFL. Their QB, for whom they traded multiple drafts choices away, needs a No. 1. No. 2, and No. 3 wide receiver. They need help on the offensive line which could collapse due to injury . They have no backup fulltime RB(not a speedy gimmick player) behind Jordan which means if he's injured the team is in deep trouble. Their defense, on the other hand, is not a disaster, and has had some very good games.

Yet, all you read in this thread is draft defense. One poster did point out that Cleveland mad a big mistake in not drafting Watson, illustrating that grading players is not a science. Everybody wants to trade down, which is fine except other teams are unlikely to give away draft choices if the top QBs are off the board.

So let's hope the Bears are more discerning than the "Always draft defense" posters here and prioritize the pathetic offense which is at the bottom of the league.

Nicker

Liked Posts:
I have a personal theory that first round picks (particularly those in the top 10) should only be spent on a QB, LT, Edge, or CB unless there is a blue chip prospect at another position of need. There are always exceptions, but this is a rule of thumb for me.

I highly doubt they go QB, and I don't think there's a top CB in this years draft class, so time that leaves LT and Edge. Williams and Chubb are the top prospects at both those positions. I'd be happy with either one.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
The Bears have pretty much the worst offensive unit in the NFL. Their QB, for whom they traded multiple drafts choices away, needs a No. 1. No. 2, and No. 3 wide receiver. They need help on the offensive line which could collapse due to injury . They have no backup fulltime RB(not a speedy gimmick player) behind Jordan which means if he's injured the team is in deep trouble. Their defense, on the other hand, is not a disaster, and has had some very good games.

Yet, all you read in this thread is draft defense. One poster did point out that Cleveland mad a big mistake in not drafting Watson, illustrating that grading players is not a science. Everybody wants to trade down, which is fine except other teams are unlikely to give away draft choices if the top QBs are off the board.

So let's hope the Bears are more discerning than the "Always draft defense" posters here and prioritize the pathetic offense which is at the bottom of the league.

So your logic is that because Deshawn Watson is better than he was supposed to be that the Bears should draft a WR even if there isn't one graded very high because grading players in not a science?

You take the best player, within reason. Just because you think James Washington is the bees knees doesn't mean he's worth a top 10 pick. He's not. Most likely no WR is this year. There are a few elite defensive players that might be available when the Bears select. I would hope they go with an elite player over one that is not elite.

The Bears need to resign Meredith and Inman, and they need two other legit WRs along with White. And at least one of those needs to come from free agency, which has a nice groups of WRs this year. I hope they spend what it takes to get one of Watkins, Adams, Landry Richardson, or Robinson, and preferably one of the first two. A decent coach will improve the offense markedly as well.

I'd love to get some OL help, but any unit could collapse due to injury. Look at OLB this year.

napo55

Liked Posts:
So your logic is that because Deshawn Watson is better than he was supposed to be that the Bears should draft a WR even if there isn't one graded very high because grading players in not a science?

You take the best player, within reason. Just because you think James Washington is the bees knees doesn't mean he's worth a top 10 pick. He's not. Most likely no WR is this year. There are a few elite defensive players that might be available when the Bears select. I would hope they go with an elite player over one that is not elite.

The Bears need to resign Meredith and Inman, and they need two other legit WRs along with White. And at least one of those needs to come from free agency, which has a nice groups of WRs this year. I hope they spend what it takes to get one of Watkins, Adams, Landry Richardson, or Robinson, and preferably one of the first two. A decent coach will improve the offense markedly as well.

I'd love to get some OL help, but any unit could collapse due to injury. Look at OLB this year.

No, my friend, that isn't my logic. Obviously, you have to evaluate and grade players. But, every year many Bear fans seem to believe you have to draft defense first. That's in spite of the fact that the offensive unit is far weaker than the defensive. We've seen the result of that bias.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
No, my friend, that isn't my logic. Obviously, you have to evaluate and grade players. But, every year many Bear fans seem to believe you have to draft defense first. That's in spite of the fact that the offensive unit is far weaker than the defensive. We've seen the result of that bias.

Well, except that last year the Bears drafted 4 of 5 offensive players. The year before that they drafted Whitehair and Howard, etc.

The strawman about always wanting to draft defensive players just isn't accurate. And we don't see the results of fans' alleged bias because fans aren't drafting.

Big Tyme D

Liked Posts:
To me a lot depends on who we can re-sign or bring in during the FA period. I would like to see CBs-Fuller and Amukamara brought back, as well as WR- Inman and LB - C. Jones. After that... the team needs to make signing a #1 WR the FA priority... A. Robinson, J.Laundry or D. Adams come to mind. Then at least another quality WR like S. Watkins or M. Lee.

I hate taking WRs in the first round... the bust rate is higher than any other position. Team can't survive another White at this point. hopefully WR will be addressed in FA.

The player I would most want to see join the Bears at this point in time is Arden Key. I like what I see and hear about Chubbs... but I'm not sure if he has the ability to play the edge in a 3/4.. which is more OLB then DE. Chubbs is more a pure 4/3 DE.

If not Arden Key... I like S/CB - Minkah Fitzpatrick or S - Derwin James. I like our young safeties... but but the position can be better. Fitz looks as if he may be able to play CB which 'may' also be a team need. Bottom line... between getting more pressure on the QB and having more ball hawking players in the secondary the team needs to get more turnover production in the passing game.