dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
After watching this season, the Bears really need guys that can separate out of breaks. Other than Ridley and Christian Kirk, Miller is the best I've seen in this class. He has a lot of Doug Baldwin to his game and dare I say, poor man's Antonio Brown is his upside.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

A.Brown is who i compared him to. Now obviously it would be A.Brown light since A.Brown is an absolute beast but the kid can do some great things on the football field.

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
Are any of the QBs that we'll have a shot at better than Trubisky? I'm not saying I'd want the Bears to draft one, I think they should stick with him, but just curious about what could have been. I think I'd take Darnold over him.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Are any of the QBs that we'll have a shot at better than Trubisky? I'm not saying I'd want the Bears to draft one, I think they should stick with him, but just curious about what could have been. I think I'd take Darnold over him.
If Darnold is that highly regarded, he's gone before we draft any way. It's early and always up for debate but Kiper has recently said Trubisky would be 1st taken in this draft.

Mitchapalooza

I hope there's a top QB at our pick so we can trade down and grab a boatload of picks then grab a WR. Or grab a top pass rusher without trading down.

Hammer

Liked Posts:
3 guys I like in Top 10 (no particular order):
- CB/S Fitzpatrick
- DE/OLB Chubb
- OLB Key

One more thing, really don't see a WR prospect deserving a Top 10 grade (not even Ridley), so I'd hate if Bears draft one there out of sheer desperation (especially some Combine hero, White 2.0).
On the other hand, even though not top heavy, 2018 WR class is deep with mid level talent, so taking a shot on WR in 2nd or later rounds would definitely be recommended.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
I have not watched Fitzpatrick yet. Is he a better CB prospect than Marshon Lattimore or a better safety prospect than Malik Hooker? Or is his value in the fact that he can play both positions extremely well? Asking because Lattimore was the epitome of a shutdown CB and then he ran a 4.36 40 but he didn’t even get drafted in the top 10. Same with Hooker, who had the best ball skills since Ed Reed.

Lattimore probably goes as the first DB in a draft re-do though. Guy has looked fantastic.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
I'd love to see a pass rusher with the first pick but if a CB1 is there for the picking then I'd love to see that as well.

Many people mention how the pass rush improves the secondary, but don't overlook how that can also go the other way. Also, think back to the first game of the year against GB and how the pass rush was non-existent. The Packers had a banged up O line with quick 3 step drops any pass rush was moot as the ball was released so quick on each play. Idk how Minkah projects in the NFL, but if he is a corner I would love to see the bears pick him if he projects to be a jalen ramsey type player.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
I would say the last of those. He can play both very well. He's not a Lattimore type of CB that you can put on the other team's best WR all day. He's not a Hooker type of safety that plays single high and can range to both sidelines. I've seen him compared to Malcolm Jenkins, Tyrann Mathieu, and Patrick Peterson. Jenkins is a guy that probably could have played CB when he came out, but was put at FS. I think Fitzpatrick is a better overall prospect and definitely more likely to play CB. He's not going to be Peterson at CB though he does have a similar build, he's not quite that level of athlete. Mathieu is probably the best comp in that he has that type of versatility and ability to find the ball and make plays. A hybrid slot CB/Strong safety, can blitz off the slot, cover WRs or TEs, play some deep half in Cover 2. But he has a good 4" and 25lbs on Honey Badger, and I'd imagine he's a little faster.

Yeah I have basically heard his pro comparison is a bigger version of the Honey Badger. When I watch the tape, he is just always around the ball. Has a genuine nose for the football in the run or pass game.

Fitzpatrick is one of those guys that I think not only has a big impact on the field but also helps establish an identity for your defense.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Yeah I have basically heard his pro comparison is a bigger version of the Honey Badger. When I watch the tape, he is just always around the ball. Has a genuine nose for the football in the run or pass game.

Fitzpatrick is one of those guys that I think not only has a big impact on the field but also helps establish an identity for your defense.

Where do you put him though? Eddie Jackson is playing very well at FS and it would seem silly to move him. Do you play Fitzpatrick at SS? Can he be a shutdown CB1? Or do you play him at FS and try moving Eddie?

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Where do you put him though? Eddie Jackson is playing very well at FS and it would seem silly to move him. Do you play Fitzpatrick at SS? Can he be a shutdown CB1? Or do you play him at FS and try moving Eddie?

Minkah was originally recruited as a CB. He has played CB at Bama but he was moved to FS. I see no reason why he couldn't go back to CB. He has great size for the position and he is a terrific athlete. I would play him at CB

Hammer

Liked Posts:
With one more projected win (home vs. Browns), I'd say Bears are definitely out of Top 5, and will probably miss on prospects like DE/OLB Chubb and CB/S Fitzpatrick, maybe even OLB Key and WR Ridley.

In that case, player like G Nelson could be a real possibility, especially if Bears will have their pick around #10, and if scouts see C or RT potential in him (this current O-Line really isn't working and is probably the most critical unit after the WR one).

On the other hand, I would probably be strong in favor of trade down to acquire additional 2nd and/or 3rd round pick if the opportunity arises.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
OLB in the first, WR in the second, G/T with first 4th round pick, CB/LB with 4th.

Bring in multiple FA WR's. Make huge attempt at biggest FA WR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
With one more projected win (home vs. Browns), I'd say Bears are definitely out of Top 5, and will probably miss on prospects like DE/OLB Chubb and CB/S Fitzpatrick, maybe even OLB Key and WR Ridley.

In that case, player like G Nelson could be a real possibility, especially if Bears will have their pick around #10, and if scouts see C or RT potential in him (this current O-Line really isn't working and is probably the most critical unit after the WR one).

On the other hand, I would probably be strong in favor of trade down to acquire additional 2nd and/or 3rd round pick if the opportunity arises.

Nelson is a blue chip guy. It isn't a sexy pick but the guy could be a pro bowler for the better part of a decade at guard. Would be very happy if we ended up in that 8-12 range and Nelson was the guy. Nelson and Whitehair could be like Frederick and Martin on the Cowboys.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
If we play anything close to the way we did today, we will win against detroit and the Browns.

ping001

Liked Posts:
Couple of names to throw out there if we pick between 11 - 20 is Colin Ferrell, Austin Bryant and OLB Dorance Armstrong who is an athletic freak who put together back to back 10 sack seasons. On offense he runs a good 40 time James Washington.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
Based on what we currently know of the Bears... the likely hood of the team finishing 4-12 or 5-11 is very strong.... and we could still end up 3-13 (just must believe we can at least beat the Browns)
The team will likely end up finishing in the top five... top ten is best case if we miraculously end up upsetting a team or two.

Based on this the Bears should be in position again this year to control their own draft destiny. Based on what you know right now... what is your early position /player you would like to see the Bears drafting?

Defensive players like: DE- Bradley Chubb, DE/OLB - Arden Key, DBs - Derwin Jame or Minkah Fitzpatrick

or

Offensive players like: WRs - Calvin Ridley or Courtland Sutton, OL - Mike McGlinchey, QBs - Lamar Jackson or Sam Darnold

My early draft scenario has Pace with the early trade down coupled with a sneakup trade back up that lands us Fitzpatrick and Ridley. Roll Tide!

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Speaking of drafts, this game sure made Paces 2017 draft look mighty good. Trubs, Shaheen, Cohen and Jackson were all big contributors to this win.

Sure would be sweet if he finds 4 more 1st year starters in the next draft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
With this win, the Bears are now in the Key/OT/Ridley range. Forget Fitzpatrick and Chubb.