What are the odds of pace or fox getting fired?

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
pace took over a completely depleted team.. there was only 3 players that was drafted by the Bears that was still on the team when he took over!

Looking at the "bust rate" of draft pics you are about at 50% by the 4th round..

image00.png

https://datascopeanalytics.com/blog/the-chance-of-a-bust-in-the-nfl-draft/

pace has only had 8 players drafted in the first 3 rounds.. and you have to fill a 53 team roster?!?

This rebuild is going to take time, changing the GM is not the answer at this point..

0% chance Pace gets let go

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
pace took over a completely depleted team.. there was only 3 players that was drafted by the Bears that was still on the team when he took over!

That's so inaccurate. Pace got rid of good players from the fox regime. In boneheaded move he let alshon, a true bonafide number 1 wr, walk in FA for nothing. He had a franchise tag he could have used. Instead he is tearing it up for philly and might win a SB for them. He trade marshall who had 1500 yds the following season and replaced him with bust kevin white who cant even stay on the field for the bears. He also got rid of Bennet who ended up being a key piece in a NE sb victory. LOL even bust shea blocked a fg for NE that was negated by a bs penalty in that sb. Pace not only can't find talent, he can't retain the talent that is already on the bears roster. Part of being a gm is recognizing that you have good players and not let them walk

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Alshon is a nice #2.

He is far from a bonafide #1.

That’s exactly how he’s used by the Eagles. Ertz even though he’s a TE, is their number one.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
That's so inaccurate. Pace got rid of good players from the fox regime. In boneheaded move he let alshon, a true bonafide number 1 wr, walk in FA for nothing. He had a franchise tag he could have used. Instead he is tearing it up for philly and might win a SB for them. He trade marshall who had 1500 yds the following season and replaced him with bust kevin white who cant even stay on the field for the bears. He also got rid of Bennet who ended up being a key piece in a NE sb victory. LOL even bust shea blocked a fg for NE that was negated by a bs penalty in that sb. Pace not only can't find talent, he can't retain the talent that is already on the bears roster. Part of being a gm is recognizing that you have good players and not let them walk

Pace offered Alshon up the best deal and he still walked.. Alshon wanted NOTHING to do with the Bears.. you need to let that sink in.. Yes you could of franchised him and bought yourself a year before he walks.. But so what? how is keeping Alshon for 1 more year helping in the long term rebuild?

This is the reality of a bad team..

iffybiz

Liked Posts:

You have inadvertently shown the reason that Pace shouldn’t be fired. If you want to build on what is already there, you fire the coach. If you need to make a wholesale change, you fire everyone.
If you fire Pace, you are starting over and odds are that most if not all the players will be jettisoned.
Jeffery didn’t fit the offense they wanted to run and he knew it. If you look at the offense last year when Hoyer ran it, Jeffery was a ghost. The Bears would like to run a short, timing passing game and Jeffery didn’t fit.
In Bennett’s case, Fox clearly doesn’t want to deal with strong individuals who don’t just toe the line.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, "several coaches" on the Bears' staff believe it will "not end well" for head coach John Fox this year.

Mike Garafolo, also of NFL Network, added that Fox seems to have "accepted his fate." A textbook over-thinker, Fox has gone just 12-32 over his three seasons with the Bears, peppering his tenure with embarrassing missteps. Fox cost his team a touchdown on an ill-advised challenge earlier this year and refused to let the 49ers score a late touchdown last week, instead letting San Francisco run out the clock and kick a game-winning field goal. Fox has been over his head since he arrived in Chicago and has finally run out of rope. The Bears are likely to start over with a brand new coaching staff this offseason, though at least they have a franchise quarterback to build around in Mitchell Trubisky.

Good news.

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
Good news.

Rapoport rapoporting the obvious, though it's still good to hear.

With coaches and Fox himself accepting the inevitable, things could really go sour quickly. This staff can't prepare their players to play on the best of days, so how lackadaisical is their effort doing to be now?

This could get funny. Fox deserves it . . .

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Fox-100%
Pace-60%

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Rapoport rapoporting the obvious, though it's still good to hear.

With coaches and Fox himself accepting the inevitable, things could really go sour quickly. This staff can't prepare their players to play on the best of days, so how lackadaisical is their effort doing to be now?

This could get funny. Fox deserves it . . .
You are right, so now it is up to the players to play the best they can over the last four weeks to get as much good tape out there for the next team they will play for. New coach comes in............heads roll.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
Pace offered Alshon up the best deal and he still walked.. Alshon wanted NOTHING to do with the Bears.. you need to let that sink in.. Yes you could of franchised him and bought yourself a year before he walks.. But so what? how is keeping Alshon for 1 more year helping in the long term rebuild?

This is the reality of a bad team..

Franchising alshon would have helped trubisky's development. that is an undeniable fact. Alshon has more touchdowns than all of the bears receivers combined. That includes cohen. Are you telling me you wouldn't want to see trubisky throwing to a bonafide number 1 instead of a bunch of number 3s and practice squad/ special team guys? Even if he had left after this season the bears "franchise" qb would have been a lot better.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
You have inadvertently shown the reason that Pace shouldn’t be fired. If you want to build on what is already there, you fire the coach. If you need to make a wholesale change, you fire everyone.
If you fire Pace, you are starting over and odds are that most if not all the players will be jettisoned.
Jeffery didn’t fit the offense they wanted to run and he knew it. If you look at the offense last year when Hoyer ran it, Jeffery was a ghost. The Bears would like to run a short, timing passing game and Jeffery didn’t fit.
In Bennett’s case, Fox clearly doesn’t want to deal with strong individuals who don’t just toe the line.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's just stupid. What makes you think pace's successor would just purge of his guys? Emery didnt get rid of all of Angelo's guys.

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
I really don't care what the word on the street is. When it comes to the Bears
just about anything can happen decision wise.

I would say of firings
Pace 10% chance. GMs usually get more time (except Emery & that was due to Trestman imploding the locker room and getting blown out back to back games.)
Fox 75% I believe there is an agreement in the back rooms with Sweaty Teddy & Pace. I believe drafting Mitch means Pace gives Fox the next year
regardless for continuity sake. And if he finishes strong then Sweaty gives the old "trying to be patient" speech again. But Pace enters the hot seat.
Loggains 0% if Fox stays. Fox is heavy handed and Loggains is under thumb.

Ej63090

Anti-Exultant Cruise Dire
Liked Posts:
I really don't care what the word on the street is. When it comes to the Bears
just about anything can happen decision wise.

I would say of firings
Pace 10% chance. GMs usually get more time (except Emery & that was due to Trestman imploding the locker room and getting blown out back to back games.)
Fox 75% I believe there is an agreement in the back rooms with Sweaty Teddy & Pace. I believe drafting Mitch means Pace gives Fox the next year
regardless for continuity sake. And if he finishes strong then Sweaty gives the old "trying to be patient" speech again. But Pace enters the hot seat.
Loggains 0% if Fox stays. Fox is heavy handed and Loggains is under thumb.

If 5 of the 6 biggest playmakers on the team are his recent draft the rest of the season Pace is 100% safe. Cohen, Trubisky, Shaheen, Howard, Jackson, and Wright were the biggest of the day.

Better question, if the Bears win out and end 7-9, what’s Fox’s chance of being fired?

Visionman

Liked Posts:
If 5 of the 6 biggest playmakers on the team are his recent draft the rest of the season Pace is 100% safe. Cohen, Trubisky, Shaheen, Howard, Jackson, and Wright were the biggest of the day.

Better question, if the Bears win out and end 7-9, what’s Fox’s chance of being fired?

If they continue to play like today and it is BECAUSE Fox finally turned it around (who cares why), then I think he could be retained...maybe. But if Pace has basically made Fox into a figurehead standing on the sideline...

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
We need to let it ride another yr with Pace & Fox. We need consistency.

AustinIllini

Lifetime of futility
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Dallas Stars
Pace is not getting fired. 0%. Not happening. Sorry to disappoint. This last draft is a gold mine for him.

Fox is probably gone, however.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
trubs needs another yr w/this staff......why start over