What are the odds of pace or fox getting fired?

wklink

CBMB refugee
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Fox is gone. You know it, I know it, everyone in the NFL knows it. Fox knows it.

As for Pace, it's either fire him now or give him at least two more years. You can't fire a GM or even put him on notice if you want to hire a quality head coach. Most GMs brought in will want their own hire at coach so anyone hired now wouldn't have a lot of job security, or at least he wouldn't perceive having job security. So Pace goes now or we see him for a while.

wklink

CBMB refugee
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
trubs needs another yr w/this staff......why start over

He doesn't need another year of run-run-pass. Nothing in Fox's resume tells me that he will be any different next year than this year.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
He doesn't need another year of run-run-pass. Nothing in Fox's resume tells me that he will be any different next year than this year.

On January 16, 2015, Fox accepted a four-year deal. I just feel firing HC's every 2yrs. destabilizes the team and causes us to keep restarting.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Franchising alshon would have helped trubisky's development. that is an undeniable fact. Alshon has more touchdowns than all of the bears receivers combined. That includes cohen. Are you telling me you wouldn't want to see trubisky throwing to a bonafide number 1 instead of a bunch of number 3s and practice squad/ special team guys? Even if he had left after this season the bears "franchise" qb would have been a lot better.

yes of coarse that would help him out this year. But MT was supposed to sit most of the year if not the whole year. And that still doesn't really have any effect long term.. MT getting a few more TD this year really wont matter much on his production for say year 3 (when we are hopefully making a deep push into the playoffs)

He didnt want to be here and wasn't happy. Forcing him to stay really doesnt do much of anything.. I'm sure he would of missed a good portion of the season with another soft tissue injury. Why would he play through an injury again to a team you want nothing to do with and that is forcing you to stay?

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
I'm sure he would of missed a good portion of the season with another soft tissue injury. Why would he play through an injury again to a team you want nothing to do with and that is forcing you to stay?

He hanst missed a single game this season. I am not sure why people are making this Special person assumption.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
He hanst missed a single game this season. I am not sure why people are making this Special person assumption.

Because he is playing for a team he wants to play for?

We already went down the road of franchise tagging him and he missed a bunch of games and still didnt want any part in the Bears.. but you think that tagging him again will make a difference?? At some point Bears fans are just going to have to accept the fact that he didnt want to be on this team and let it go.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
Because he is playing for a team he wants to play for?

We already went down the road of franchise tagging him and he missed a bunch of games and still didnt want any part in the Bears.. but you think that tagging him again will make a difference?? At some point Bears fans are just going to have to accept the fact that he didnt want to be on this team and let it go.

So are you accusing him of faking injuries with the bears? That seems hard to believe.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
So are you accusing him of faking injuries with the bears? That seems hard to believe.

fake? No.. but play through for a team that forced you to stay when you wanted out? yes

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

He is on a 1 year contract and if he wants a big multi year deal he needs to prove himself capable of staying healthy. Seemed to have worked Philly gave him that multi year $$$$. Said to be the same or similar deal Pace offered AJ.

Throwthebones

Liked Posts:
Alshon left because he wanted to period. Pace hasn't traded away Thomas Jones anything honestly the worst move pace has made is signing Glennon and honestly that was flash in the pan shit happens he spent money to find a qb. The browns passed on mitch he made the move to get him. The real evidence will pile up when he picks his next head coach. Because his drafting has been good.

wklink

CBMB refugee
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
On January 16, 2015, Fox accepted a four-year deal. I just feel firing HC's every 2yrs. destabilizes the team and causes us to keep restarting.

This is Fox's third year, not his second. By the third year a coach is either going to have a long term job with a team or he doesn't. This team is marginally better than it was last year. A team should look like a potential contender at this point. It may not be there yet but it should show enough of a turn around to give the impression that the team will be a consistant winner.

Three of the seven hired in 2015 have either been fired or have stepped down. There probably will be at least another two gone as well.

Pace won't get another year as GM if Fox stays and the team goes 6-10 again.

Finally, this is the reason Fox needs to go.

One and Five.

Fox has one win in three seasons against Green Bay. No coach can stay in this city if they can't beat the Packers less than 20% of the time. Maybe, maybe if he had managed to beat a Packer team that is missing Aaron Rodgers we might have kept him. He has won THREE divisional games in three years. He might win one more. This is absolutely unacceptable and I haven't seen a thing from a Fox coached team that shows me that he is going to do any better.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Matt Speigel on the Score made an interesting comment. He spoke to a friend who is an NFL assistant coach who said,

1. Everyone in the NFL knows the Bears job is going to open up and people are already preparing.

2. With no McVay or Shannahan this year it is going to be a wide open market and really hard to predict who will end up where.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
Matt Speigel on the Score made an interesting comment. He spoke to a friend who is an NFL assistant coach who said,

1. Everyone in the NFL knows the Bears job is going to open up and people are already preparing.

2. With no McVay or Shannahan this year it is going to be a wide open market and really hard to predict who will end up where.

I was listening to him say this yesterday. First thought was relief that he thinks the whole coaching team is out of here next month. Second reaction was contextualising guys like Nagy, DeFilippo, Carmichael by saying that these guys are not at the level of Shannahan or McVay.

I'll be really interested to see how Chiefs offense manages to cope with that Chargers defense on Saturday. Similarly, how do the Eagles collectively cope with the loss of Wentz and how quickly can they assimilate Foles into that offense. Will be intriguing to watch.

1000ftditka!

Throbbing
Liked Posts:
Civilization, also known as Massachusetts
Fox is gone.
firefox-256.e2c1fc556816.jpg
He knows it.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
This is Fox's third year, not his second. By the third year a coach is either going to have a long term job with a team or he doesn't. This team is marginally better than it was last year. A team should look like a potential contender at this point. It may not be there yet but it should show enough of a turn around to give the impression that the team will be a consistant winner.

Three of the seven hired in 2015 have either been fired or have stepped down. There probably will be at least another two gone as well.

Pace won't get another year as GM if Fox stays and the team goes 6-10 again.

Finally, this is the reason Fox needs to go.

One and Five.

Fox has one win in three seasons against Green Bay. No coach can stay in this city if they can't beat the Packers less than 20% of the time. Maybe, maybe if he had managed to beat a Packer team that is missing Aaron Rodgers we might have kept him. He has won THREE divisional games in three years. He might win one more. This is absolutely unacceptable and I haven't seen a thing from a Fox coached team that shows me that he is going to do any better.

No argument on his lack of G.B. wins