What are the odds of pace or fox getting fired?

WestsideResider

Bro idk
Liked Posts:
100% for Fox. Right now it's at maybe 15% for Pace but there's still 4 more opportunities to get blown out and a chance to lose to a winless team so who knows where it'll be at seasons end.

Darnell Mooney

The Member
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Personally, I think the worst thing this team can do right now is fire Pace.

So in that case I bet he's fired in a week

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
95% Fox

5% Pace

Pace is safe, but this thing could get crazy and stupid in the last 4 weeks so I cannot say 0%

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
Personally, I think the worst thing this team can do right now is fire Pace.

So in that case I bet he's fired in a week

Yeah. he is doing well. The poor record, crappy FA signings and lack of talent is proof of his greatness.

Big Tyme D

Liked Posts:
Fox - 80% : Too many bad coaching decisions, which may have looked good at the time, but when they didn't work... they became bad decisions. His coaching and injuries to key players are the makings of this 3-9 record.

Pace.... 0-5% : The team is full of young talent he has brought in thru the draft, including QB and RB... his only bad draft pick looks to be more an injury bust (Kevin White). He has also done well with 'key' FAs he has brought in. I don't view him negatively for players who did not want to be here nor for not being able to sign 'all' the top FAs who simply would not come to a team in the condition the Bears have been in. He signed a lot of stop gap players on the cheap to fill positions until he could find more long term solutions. Too many fans don't understand doing this and not being able to sign the best players at every postion every FA period.... as if players don't choose where they will play. I'm anxious to see how this off season go with us having a young QB WRs would want to play with.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Right now 25% Pace is fired. It was the same feeling I had of emery at the time and they did fire him so you never know

I’m was at 75% fox gets fired but that is being upped to 90% cause he lost the trifecta of games, team, and media hard to come back from that

Accounting for the mccaskeys factor is tough. With acorsi already having a gig they might be too scared to fire either lmfao

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I say 100% for fox.
40% for pace.

Fox- 100.
Pace- the only way I see him being in danger is this..
Lets say fox goes completely off the rails... Just basically gives up, puts zero in to the last few games, and the bears get laughably blown out.
IF that were to happen (unlikely..fox is a dinosaur not a douche) and pace let him finish the year out like that... Then pace would be at risk.

I would put the odds of fox trolling the bears like that at less than 1% and the likelihood of pace letting it slide at less than 1%....

So I think pace has a .001 % chance of being fired..give or take.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
Right now 25% Pace is fired. It was the same feeling I had of emery at the time and they did fire him so you never know

I’m was at 75% fox gets fired but that is being upped to 90% cause he lost the trifecta of games, team, and media hard to come back from that

Accounting for the mccaskeys factor is tough. With acorsi already having a gig they might be too scared to fire either lmfao

I think the last point is point may play a part in not firing Pace. They brought him in to be the football guy and how would they even go about the process of replacing him. Even if Acorsi were available his recommendation o Fox rules him out and they don't have the know how to hire a replacement. I think the realise this.

So Pace stays unless something really scandalous comes out in the final month of the regular season. And I don't see any way Pace looks at the way the team is being coached and Trubisky's being developed and thinks it's on track. All the coaching staff are likely gone.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
I mean that is logically what should happen. But the 5-10% of uncertainty is based on ownership essentially not having a clue about football. If they fired Pace and kept Fox a small part of me would jut go "of course" as I my Bears fandom went into cryogenesis.

The Doctor

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
Fox - 80% : Too many bad coaching decisions, which may have looked good at the time, but when they didn't work... they became bad decisions. His coaching and injuries to key players are the makings of this 3-9 record.

Pace.... 0-5% : The team is full of young talent he has brought in thru the draft, including QB and RB... his only bad draft pick looks to be more an injury bust (Kevin White). He has also done well with 'key' FAs he has brought in. I don't view him negatively for players who did not want to be here nor for not being able to sign 'all' the top FAs who simply would not come to a team in the condition the Bears have been in. He signed a lot of stop gap players on the cheap to fill positions until he could find more long term solutions. Too many fans don't understand doing this and not being able to sign the best players at every postion every FA period.... as if players don't choose where they will play. I'm anxious to see how this off season go with us having a young QB WRs would want to play with.
I would up Fox being fired to 100%
Pace's fate on the other hand is tied to Trubs. If Trubs fails next year then Pace is gone, but if he's a success then Mr. Pace is our GM for a good long time.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Pace's job isn't to coach the team, so why would the outcome of these final few games make it any more likely he would be fired? Either the McCaskey's believe in his plan for building the team going forward, or they don't. And I'm sure they will make the right decision....

Forgot the sarcasm font on that last part...

BearClaw55

SELL THE TEAM
Donator
Liked Posts:

Well stated...

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
Pace's job isn't to coach the team, so why would the outcome of these final few games make it any more likely he would be fired? Either the McCaskey's believe in his plan for building the team going forward, or they don't. And I'm sure they will make the right decision....

Forgot the sarcasm font on that last part...

He has the same record as fox. Unfortunately, to many pace fanboys dismay, he owns the bears record along with fox. Since fox is statically the worst coach in bears history, pace is the worst gm. And pace hasnt done jack shit. He waited 3 years to draft a qb. He signed glennon. Let alshon walk and got nothing in return when he had a Frachise tag at his disposable and now his "franchise" qb has to throw to garbage. His drafts have been bad. I want to say he is an avg gm to make pace fanboys happy but I cant even do that because it would be a lie. He is worst than emery. Emery's worst decision was trestman. Pace managed to find a coach that was worst than him.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
He has the same record as fox. Unfortunately, to many pace fanboys dismay, he owns the bears record along with fox. Since fox is statically the worst coach in bears history, pace is the worst gm. And pace hasnt done jack shit. He waited 3 years to draft a qb. He signed glennon. Let alshon walk and got nothing in return when he had a Frachise tag at his disposable and now his "franchise" qb has to throw to garbage. His drafts have been bad. I want to say he is an avg gm to make pace fanboys happy but I cant even do that because it would be a lie. He is worst than emery. Emery's worst decision was trestman. Pace managed to find a coach that was worst than him.

Well like it or not, Pace is probably going to get another chance at hiring a HC and staff. Might as well learn to accept it...

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
Well like it or not, Pace is probably going to get another chance at hiring a HC and staff. Might as well learn to accept it...

I have come to accept it. I said in an earlier post there is a 0% chance he gets fired. This is the Chicago browns we are taking about. This organization is content with putting an inferior product on the field.