Could the Xmas eve game be totally empty?

Bears89

Liked Posts:
I'm going to go out on a huge limb here lol: there will be more than 45,000 empties for the Browns game. Thoughts?

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
An ugly loss vs Bengals tomorrow and we could see 15 to 20k empty seats. I think that can only be a good thing.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
An ugly loss vs Bengals tomorrow and we could see 15 to 20k empty seats. I think that can only be a good thing.

I really do hope it's completely empty.

With that, I do know a lot of families (with kids) that have bought up these tickets as an Xmas gift.

We have to keep in mind that with only 65K seats, and millions of fans in Chicago - most who never get to see a game, when an opportunity arises, they take it.

Even if it's the battle of futility, people will go to a Bears game just to give their kids that experience.

Bears89

Liked Posts:

With that, I do know a lot of families (with kids) that have bought up these tickets as an Xmas gift.

We have to keep in mind that with only 65K seats, and millions of fans in Chicago - most who never get to see a game, when an opportunity arises, they take it.

Even if it's the battle of futility, people will go to a Bears game just to give their kids that experience.

Eh....it was virtually empty against a competitive Redskins team last Xmas or whenever it was. These are two atrocious franchises going head to head.

Furthermore, there was a story about how a wait list member moved up like 1,150 spots last season. I honestly believe this franchise is on the verge of being ignored. I've never seen it this bad. Fans aren't even mad enouhh to call into sports talk shows...they just don't care.

TL1961

Liked Posts:

I'm calling DCFS.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
Eh....it was virtually empty against a competitive Redskins team last Xmas or whenever it was. These are two atrocious franchises going head to head.

Furthermore, there was a story about how a wait list member moved up like 1,150 spots last season. I honestly believe this franchise is on the verge of being ignored. I've never seen it this bad. Fans aren't even mad enouhh to call into sports talk shows...they just don't care.

"Virtually empty"...

There were 16K unused seats. So 44K attended.

Now, just to be clear I think a message needs to be sent and we see a much higher number go unused. Like 35-45K would really send a message.

I just don't think it will happen. I think 40K+ will show (weather permitting)

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
I'm with Mongo. If you've got kids and want to snap up some cheap tickets just to take them to the game, have at it. I hope it's as empty as possible but would be amazed if it's under 40k.

If it does dip under that mark that's a pretty strong message.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I hope it is embarrassingly empty.

I hope they lose to the Browns, huge for draft position.

I also hope George slips and breaks his hip.

But I am pretty done with this team.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I'm with Mongo. If you've got kids and want to snap up some cheap tickets just to take them to the game, have at it. I hope it's as empty as possible but would be amazed if it's under 40k.

If it does dip under that mark that's a pretty strong message.

If you have kids go nuts and get to the game as cheap as possible.

I hope we see entire families bonding over booing and flipping off John Fox.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
If you have kids go nuts and get to the game as cheap as possible.

I hope we see entire families bonding over booing and flipping off John Fox.

If I didn't live in New Zealand I would happily take my kids to the game and show them what two franchises they shouldn't pick when they are ready to choose. No way I am passing this virus on to the next generation.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm going to go out on a huge limb here lol: there will be more than 45,000 empties for the Browns game. Thoughts?

That would be awesome...but nah...morons will still go acting like they are in a playoff hunt

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I hope it is embarrassingly empty.

I hope they lose to the Browns, huge for draft position.

I also hope George slips and breaks his hip.

But I am pretty done with this team.

Windy, were still probably 3rd at best. We have a stronger SOS than both of them.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Windy, were still probably 3rd at best. We have a stronger SOS than both of them.

I'd like to see them trade it. It'd be nice if Pace started to accrue some picks instead of giving them away.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Stubhub has tickets for sale for $26 lmao.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I’m going. I want to get a look at Josh Gordon.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think watching Trubisky vs. Kizer will be really entertaining. Send me your tickets.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
If I didn't live in New Zealand I would happily take my kids to the game and show them what two franchises they shouldn't pick when they are ready to choose. No way I am passing this virus on to the next generation.

Agree. 1 of my kids chose to be a Panther fan another a Patriots fan. The last seems to be leaning Bears. I hope he chooses another team honestly