Xbox One

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Tom Clancy’s games are good. Witcher my bro highly recommends. I have the new South Park but haven’t started it yet

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thanks guys, I like the looks of Witcher too.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Witcher is awesome.... and if you/your wife enjoyed Dragon's Age I think you would enjoy Witcher.

I liked Fallout 4... but that one will get you mixed reactions here.... I would recommend it after Witcher.

Thanks. Is it worth playing the earlier games, or just jump in to The Witcher III: Wild Hunt Complete Edition?

Edit: My wife is on the way home with it right now.

It better be good Ares, else...

Last edited:

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Thanks. Is it worth playing the earlier games, or just jump in to The Witcher III: Wild Hunt Complete Edition?

I personally only played Witcher 3 and loved it... definitely some story you don't experience, but it didn't deter me.

FYI Witcher can be a bit more.... graphic than say Dragon's Age.... both the violence and the romance/sex.

Make sure to play lots of Gwent.... fucking love Gwent.

Houston

Liked Posts:
The games this console generation have sucked so far. I'm probably not returning until Red Dead Redemption 2 releases.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The games this console generation have sucked so far. I'm probably not returning until Red Dead Redemption 2 releases.

When is 2 coming out? I loved RDR.

AussieBear

the earlier games are worth playing. moreso 2 than 1. i never cared for the point and click of 1.. ive never completed those but i played both some.. will get around to 2 afta finishing 3. 3 is suppose to be a direct carryover (at least i thought it was) sequel to 2 but i dont remember the story of 3, let alone what i played in 2.. put in over 100 something hours in 3 but never finished it. i got burnt trying to be a completionist. i will force myself to finish it one day.. but if i gotta force meself.. id rather just not play it until i want to.

other games ive put in over 100 hours that are on xbox 1...

BF1.. most of those hours were spent in mulitplayer.. havent really played it in the last 6months but there are still a good amount of ppl playing. single player mode was pretty short but had a couple of moments, though i cant recall them.

Metal Gear phantom Pain.. was also out on xbox 360, so idk if you picked that up or not.

fallout 4.. having put in hundreds of hours on earlier installments.. 4 just was meh.. like i was playing the same games... anyway.. it eventually grew on me

GTA V .. also on da 360

Skyrim. well i dont have the remaster but the original was played the fuck out by me.. i think that was on the 360.. i gots it for pc..

Ares 7 days to die.. while its alpha and can be flawed in ways.. was entertaining enough... if you dont like minecraft style games, id probably pass..

minecraft... i havent kept up with minecraft the last few years but i put in 2-3 hundred hrs on it yrs ago.. was on 360 too..

Halo: The Master Chief Collection... 360 can play 1-4..odst...reach.. but if you missed out.. check it out.. i dont think halo reach is in that.. i think its 1-4.. im not even sure if odst is in it... reach is still worth a pick up for xbox 360...

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Skyrim. well i dont have the remaster but the original was played the fuck out by me.. i think that was on the 360.. i gots it for pc..

Thanks for that. We played a lot of Skyrim on 360, wondering if the remastered is worth trying?
Just started The Witcher and it seems like a huge game with tons of detail and lots to learn. I'd still like to find a decent coop game we can play on the same console.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I personally only played Witcher 3 and loved it... definitely some story you don't experience, but it didn't deter me.

FYI Witcher can be a bit more.... graphic than say Dragon's Age.... both the violence and the romance/sex.

Make sure to play lots of Gwent.... fucking love Gwent.

Fun game, but do you gain any $ or exp. from it?

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Fun game, but do you gain any $ or exp. from it?

You can bet on it when you play, so you yeah you can get money from it.

I just enjoyed playing it.... fairly simple once you get used to it, but kinda addictive.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You can bet on it when you play, so you yeah you can get money from it.

I just enjoyed playing it.... fairly simple once you get used to it, but kinda addictive.

I can see it being addictive. I'm not far into the game yet, but getting money seems to be really tough. The fighting is really fast too compared to DA.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Thanks guys, I like the looks of Witcher too.

Bear in mind the combat system for the Witcher is a lot different than Dragon Age. So it will take some adjustment. In addition, if you haven't played the previous games, you may get a little bit lost so I would recommend just reading a quick summary of the previous games. Or if you end up really liking it, the books are being released in English now (Polish author) and are a pretty good read IMO. Project Red just announced too that they will most likely do a sequel.

As far as Gwent, you can bet and there various missions where you have to play people in various cities to advance. Then there is a big mission towards the end where you get decent money and loot.

Gwent was so popular they turned it into a separate Magic style card game that you can play as well to the point they have professionals playing.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
As for Coop, the best ones I have played although not a huge fan of coop are/

1. Child of Light - There is one main character but then a second player can hop in and play as the main character's sidekick. Fairly simply game mechanics and 2D.

2. Divinity Original Sin - Classic turn based RPG where you can control both Source Hunters or better yet have 2 players control each Source Hunter. A bit more complex than Child of Light in terms of gameplay.

3. Diablo III - Another RPG type game where a second player can jump into the game at any time.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:

1. Child of Light - There is one main character but then a second player can hop in and play as the main character's sidekick. Fairly simply game mechanics and 2D.

2. Divinity Original Sin - Classic turn based RPG where you can control both Source Hunters or better yet have 2 players control each Source Hunter. A bit more complex than Child of Light in terms of gameplay.

3. Diablo III - Another RPG type game where a second player can jump into the game at any time.

I play Diablo 3 on the PS4 probably my favorite game I have found since getting the machine last christmas.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bear in mind the combat system for the Witcher is a lot different than Dragon Age. So it will take some adjustment. In addition, if you haven't played the previous games, you may get a little bit lost so I would recommend just reading a quick summary of the previous games. Or if you end up really liking it, the books are being released in English now (Polish author) and are a pretty good read IMO. Project Red just announced too that they will most likely do a sequel.

As far as Gwent, you can bet and there various missions where you have to play people in various cities to advance. Then there is a big mission towards the end where you get decent money and loot.

Gwent was so popular they turned it into a separate Magic style card game that you can play as well to the point they have professionals playing.

Damn, more great info. Thanks again. I trust your judgement after your DA recommendation and info.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I play Diablo 3 on the PS4 probably my favorite game I have found since getting the machine last christmas.

Cool. We both played that on PC many years ago and like it back then. Might have to try it again. Do they still have the cow level?

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I will echo that Witcher combat takes some adjusting.... but once you get used to it, it is fun with enough challenge to it that it usually does not feel boring/too easy.

The one thing that tripped me up was the Witcher powers.... I was not sure how best to build out my powers and quite honestly I wound up not using them alot... they were more supplementary than a primary weapon for me, but I think you can build in certain ways where your powers and combat tactics have far more synergy.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I will echo that Witcher combat takes some adjusting.... but once you get used to it, it is fun with enough challenge to it that it usually does not feel boring/too easy.

The one thing that tripped me up was the Witcher powers.... I was not sure how best to build out my powers and quite honestly I wound up not using them alot... they were more supplementary than a primary weapon for me, but I think you can build in certain ways where your powers and combat tactics have far more synergy.

I kind of like the Witcher powers and have been using them quite a bit. Especially the flame one. No idea of a good build though either, same with the combat skill upgrades.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Cool. We both played that on PC many years ago and like it back then. Might have to try it again. Do they still have the cow level?

If they do i haven't found it yet.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

I kind of like the Witcher powers and have been using them quite a bit. Especially the flame one. No idea of a good build though either, same with the combat skill upgrades.

The below has good builds depending how you want to play and assuming you have the Blood and Wine expansion and have done the quest ("Turn and Face the Strange") that unlocks the Mutation abilities.

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2016/06/guide_the_witcher_3_blood_and_wine_mutation_character_builds

I used to hate signs until I found the right build. The key in Witcher 3 is to use the armor than matches your build ie medium armor for a Signs build (ie find all the School of Griffin Gear) as well as use the right mutagens (Blue is for Signs). The other thing is picking the right mutation ability if you have the Blood and Wine expansion

For a signs build, getting the Piercing Cold mutation ability is pretty sick. I stumbled upon this build as I had a fuck ton of money and so just did a respec of my character and this shit was ridiculous.

Pretty much, you get the right gear that enhances the Sign intensity and your ability to knockdown and freeze opponents and you pretty much insta-kill small enemies and massively damage large enemies. The downside is you don't have a lot of points to put in the other skills trees but you generally won't need it given the amount of damage you do. Most of the time I just walked around and no one could get near me unless they caught me by surprise. It pretty much wipes out crowds of small enemies but a bit trickier when dealing with bosses.

Although I heard it was so OP so they might have tried to patch it later but haven't played in a long time so don't know if they ever did.