Bear interested in Ridley

sewie

Liked Posts:
Bears interested in Ridley

Take it for what it's worth since we didn't see the Trubisky pick coming.

Chicago Bears 3-9-0

Report: Bears have Calvin Ridley as a top target in 2018Matt Eurich - Dec 8, 10:24 AM

The Chicago Bears desperately need to find weapons for quarterback Mitch Trubisky. In next year's draft Alabama wide receiver Calvin Ridley could be that guy for the Bears.

Bleacher Report's Matt Miller recent wrote about Chicago's interest in Ridley in the upcoming draft.

"Sources in the Chicago scouting staff have told me the team is all about Calvin Ridley from Alabama, but no wide receiver is ranked highly enough on my board to be selected in the top 10," he wrote. "Ridley or SMU's Courtland Sutton have the skills to be No. 1 wide receivers in the NFL, but they might only be targets in a trade-back scenario."

Now in his third season with the Crimson Tide, Ridley has caught 216 passes for 2,710 yards with 17 touchdowns in his collegiate career. The junior wideout hit career highs in his freshmen season, catching 89 passes for 1,045 yards with seven touchdowns but has seen his numbers decline in each of the last two seasons.

In 2016 he caught 72 passes for 769 yards with seven touchdowns in 15 contests. This season he has played a little banged up and has recorded 55 catches for 869 yards with three touchdowns in 12 games.

One of Ridley's strength is his explosiveness off the snap of the ball. He is a quick wideout who runs smooth routes and is not afraid of contact in the middle of the field. He has impressive speed that allows him to stretch the field and has steady, strong hands. One of the reasons why his statistics do not jump off the page is because of the team's reliance on the running game.

Alabama quarterback Jalen Hurts has thrown for just 2,005 yards with 15 touchdowns and one interception. The team also has three players (Hurts, Damien Harris and Bo Scarbrough) with more than 100 rushing attempts and 500-plus rushing yards.

Miller also mention Courtland Sutton as a potential fit for Chicago. Sutton is a big (6'4", 215 lbs), physical wideout who has been very productive the last three seasons at SMU.

He began his collegiate career as a defensive back before moving over to wide receiver in 2015. He has caught 189 passes for 3,152 yards with 31 career touchdowns. In 12 games this season he has caught 62 passes for 1,017 yards with 12 touchdowns.

The Bears currently sit with the fifth overall pick in the 2018 NFL Draft and neither Ridley nor Sutton are viewed as prospects who will go that high at this point.

A lot can change between now and the start of draft season, but if Miller's report is true it is obvious the organization understands Trubisky needs a young wideout to grow alongside.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Bears have so many holes they should be interested In about 100 guys

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
"Sources in the Chicago scouting staff have told me the team is all about Calvin Ridley from Alabama, but no wide receiver is ranked highly enough on my board to be selected in the top 10," he wrote. "Ridley or SMU's Courtland Sutton have the skills to be No. 1 wide receivers in the NFL, but they might only be targets in a trade-back scenario."

There you go

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
All these WR's are not top 10 worthy. Bears should trade back

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Why? Matt Miller is legit. It's not the same BR it used to be.

They've been bumped up to Jason La Canfora status. Sports Mockery has been bumped up to Bleacher Report status. And the bar for batshit bullshit sports news is still set at GatorlandMikeFL.

oober

Staff member
Liked Posts:
BPA, there's enough holes to go around....

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Stopped reading after it said bleacher report

As soon as I read bleacher report I laughed my dick off. Even the beat writers have been shut out cold from any information leaks and we are supposed to expect some bleacher report hack has inside information? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Jack Lame

Liked Posts:
Bears need to draft Ridley and throw the Brinks truck at Devonte Adams. Dude has been balling with Rodgers out...he's carrying that offense.