Trubisky is already better than Cutler ever was with Bears

optimus prime

Liked Posts:
As far as decision making he makes the right throw and takes what is given to him. I don't think Trubisky will ever be a QB who throws a bunch of ints or throws in to double and triple coverage. If Trubisky had the weapons Cutler had with Marshall, Jeffery and Bennett he would be so much better.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
As far as decision making he makes the right throw and takes what is given to him. I don't think Trubisky will ever be a QB who throws a bunch of ints or throws in to double and triple coverage. If Trubisky had the weapons Cutler had with Marshall, Jeffery and Bennett he would be so much better.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I will wait till next year to decide. I think he has all the tools. He needs to put together a good sophomore season similar to wentz and goff.

framesh1ft

Liked Posts:
Cutler got worse as the years went on with the Bears but he had some nice moments (2010,2011 and 2015 stand out). He never developed good mechanics due to coaching, bad offensive lines and his own personal failures. Cutler's one redeeming quality was always his freakish arm talent. Sometimes that could win the Bears games they had no business winning. His head scratching interceptions also lost them many games. Overall, wasted talent that the Bears squandered. I hope for Trubisky's sake, the Bears can do a better job of building him up and building an offense around him. Hopefully the next coach can do that, but at least they seem to have the right GM to find good talent.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Why all the love for Brady?

What has Tom Brady ever done that Mitch Trubisky hasn't??

BearsJR

Liked Posts:
Cutler got worse as the years went on with the Bears but he had some nice moments (2010,2011 and 2015 stand out). He never developed good mechanics due to coaching, bad offensive lines and his own personal failures. Cutler's one redeeming quality was always his freakish arm talent. Sometimes that could win the Bears games they had no business winning. His head scratching interceptions also lost them many games. Overall, wasted talent that the Bears squandered. I hope for Trubisky's sake, the Bears can do a better job of building him up and building an offense around him. Hopefully the next coach can do that, but at least they seem to have the right GM to find good talent.

I'd argue that his freakish arm talent was a blessing and a curse. He could damn near thread any needle, and the lack of any quality coaching led him to depend on it far too often. He always believes he could just jam a ball into coverage, sometimes it worked and we were in awe, sometimes it didn't and we wanted him strung up.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
I'd argue that his freakish arm talent was a blessing and a curse. He could damn near thread any needle, and the lack of any quality coaching led him to depend on it far too often. He always believes he could just jam a ball into coverage, sometimes it worked and we were in awe, sometimes it didn't and we wanted him strung up.
It wasn't a lack of quality coaching; it was Cutler's inability to listen.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
I am not getting into all of the hyperbole about who he is better than right now but I have been saying this about him since before the draft, even if Trubisky doesn't turn into a stat sheet stuffer, what he won't do is throw bonehead INT's, commit stupid turnovers and lose the game for his team.

His floor is Alex Smith and that's a good floor to have. You can win with Alex Smith. He has the potential to do a lot more with his arm talent though.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I love the excuses for Cutler, including the poor coaching. Kurt Warner was the QB for Martz with the Rams. That was a great offense. Ron Turner was the OC when Kramer set passing records for the Bears. He got plenty of coaching.

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
I’ll tell you this, the past 10 starting quarterbacks, every time they passed I would be worried about an interception. Every single pass. With Trubisky behind center, that’s slowly going away. I know he will throw interceptions. But I get a feeling now that it won’t be a clumsy interception.

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk

BearsJR

Liked Posts:
I love the excuses for Cutler, including the poor coaching. Kurt Warner was the QB for Martz with the Rams. That was a great offense. Ron Turner was the OC when Kramer set passing records for the Bears. He got plenty of coaching.

And what amazing offensive juggernaut are those two coaches running now? Not trying to make excuses for Jay, he's plenty to blame, but if you think that it's all on him and he had great coaching, I worry about your sanity.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
And what amazing offensive juggernaut are those two coaches running now? Not trying to make excuses for Jay, he's plenty to blame, but if you think that it's all on him and he had great coaching, I worry about your sanity.
Terrific strawman you created. BTW, where is Shanahan coaching these days? You know...the guy who won two Super Bowls? What a weak rebuttal you have there.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
I don't feel like a turnover might happen before every play starts with Trubisky playing.

mecha

Liked Posts:

I would argue Cutler's best years were with Martz. it was the closest thing he ever got to continuity, but it was still done with an archaic system from a bygone era. not to mention a system that wasn't made to be run with the terrible offensive lines they had then. he definitely never reached his full potential. the poor coaching came after his brain got scrambled and he was damaged goods that couldn't be helped anymore. Cutler was just a huge waste with this team.

Reactions: Myk