Trubisky is already better than Cutler ever was with Bears

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
There are many shortcomings I would agree to but you're really inferring he had quality coaches around him for the duration? The fuck?
What I am applying is that he had a variety of coaches and some were good and some were not so good. But the key indicator is that throughout the different offenses that Cutler was asked to run, the play-calling and the look of the offense never differed. You would not be able to tell one offense from the next by looking at Jay.

No matter what he was asked to do in that offense he was running at the time, Cutler would ignore the play, lock onto whomever was going long, and then dump off to someone else at the ladt second.

True Testament to this is when Josh McCown went in when Cutler was injured. Offense looks completely different because Josh was running it the way it was intended to run. It was less herky-jerky and just smooth.

So yes, when I see that, I do put the majority of blame on Jay Cutler.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Novoitus

Mitch Trubisky Fan
Liked Posts:
That's really not accurate, Britbiguy. There's been concern over Trubisky's pace of development, as there would be over any #1 draft pick leading the official (pl: offense) The Frisky One has been leading. That concern has been misconstrued by Bear homers as a condemnation of The Frisky One.

As always, those who have eyes, let them see . . .

. . . can 't fIND my reading gLASSES

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
Trubisky had a really good game today IMHO....Except he had another free play and threw the underneath again...But he IS improving

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Doesn't particularly worry me. Trubisky was never meant to play much this season nor was Pace expecting his top receivers to eat shit by injury. Entirely aside from that, you take your stab and pick your quarterback when you believe he comes along. Took Pace 3 years to finally tie his fate to one and there was consensus from him and his scouting staff on the pick so they all felt good about it. You can at that point just move forward and build around him. Hopefully while also pairing him with a head coach/offensive coordinator that aids in that development.

That Pace has tried to bring in some WRs during the season and that we tried bringing WRs in later for Cutler is a good sign that we're not sticking to the old Bear's philosophy of any WR will do.
I hope he doesn't bank next year on hopes for White. Even if he stays better plan on him not working out and bring in a good FA and draft.

AustinIllini

Lifetime of futility
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Dallas Stars
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
That Pace has tried to bring in some WRs during the season and that we tried bringing WRs in later for Cutler is a good sign that we're not sticking to the old Bear's philosophy of any WR will do.
I hope he doesn't bank next year on hopes for White. Even if he stays better plan on him not working out and bring in a good FA and draft.

I doubt he will. I expect him to look for a true number one WR in the draft.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What I am applying is that he had a variety of coaches and some were good and some were not so good. But the key indicator is that throughout the different offenses that Cutler was asked to run, the play-calling and the look of the offense never differed. You would not be able to tell one offense from the next by looking at Jay.

No matter what he was asked to do in that offense he was running at the time, Cutler would ignore the play, lock onto whomever was going long, and then dump off to someone else at the ladt second.

True Testament to this is when Josh McCown went in when Cutler was injured. Offense looks completely different because Josh was running it the way it was intended to run. It was less herky-jerky and just smooth.

Ahh yes, that vaunted Josh McCown offense that moved the ball between the 20's but couldn't score. How many games did he win? Right. Whats it matter then if the result was still mediocre in the wins and losses column?

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:

So you don't remember stand in the pocket getting your bell run waiting for routes to develop Jay or dink and dunk Jay? I think your memory is jaded.

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
Did anyone else see Trubisky on the sidelines talking to Loggains when Fox tried to intervene?..Trubisky gave him the mandatory.."Yeah,Yeah,Yeah" and blew him off..Fox walked away seemingly talking to himself

BearsJR

Liked Posts:
Did anyone else see Trubisky on the sidelines talking to Loggains when Fox tried to intervene?..Trubisky gave him the mandatory.."Yeah,Yeah,Yeah" and blew him off..Fox walked away seemingly talking to himself

Fox just came over to ask if anyone had seen his headset. You can read Trubs lips " on your head John, they're still in your head". Then Fox walks away mumbling "that kid is such a smart aleck, I'll show him someday".

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fox just came over to ask if anyone had seen his headset. You can read Trubs lips " on your head John, they're still in your head". Then Fox walks away mumbling "that kid is such a smart aleck, I'll show him someday".

Fox is still trying to get them to work..he has them plugged into his IPOD

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Has Fox and staff actually done the right thing here?
I raw rookie talent, that has been brought along painfully slow......

I seriously need to consider that this staff has been good for Trubisky. HOWEVER, I’m not sure that they could take him to the next level.

AustinIllini

Lifetime of futility
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Dallas Stars

I seriously need to consider that this staff has been good for Trubisky. HOWEVER, I’m not sure that they could take him to the next level.

I'm mildly concerned after this game that Fox has badly neutered Loggains offense. I say mildly because he genuinely just might not be good, but this game gives me pause.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

We have all heard the expression you have to crawl before you run but if that is Fox's way of bringing along a rookie then that is like they made Trubisky crawl, stand, walk, speed walk, trot, jog and then run.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Ok so how bout this, Martzs O was great with the Rams, and by the time he was here it was outdated and not well suited to a team without a great offensive line. His 7 step drops with a shit line nearly got Jay killed against the Giants. But yeah, I'm sure his one ring with the greatest show on turf made Jays scrambled egg brain feel great that night. Ever hear the line "past performance is not indicative of future gains"? It applies here too.
Martz' offense got Warner hit hard regularly, too. That's the nature of his offense. There were articles in the Trib quoting Warner when the Bears signed Martz.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Did somebody say Cutler?

*reads thread title*

Lol not right now he isnt!

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
As far as decision making he makes the right throw and takes what is given to him. I don't think Trubisky will ever be a QB who throws a bunch of ints or throws in to double and triple coverage. If Trubisky had the weapons Cutler had with Marshall, Jeffery and Bennett he would be so much better.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Trubisky is already better than Cutler ever was with Bears

lets SET the bar higher

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
This forum is hilarious, as last week people were demanding they draft another QB with the #1 pick last week, people were calling into the Score asking if the Bears could Trade Mitch away for picks....and now everyone that bashing him last week is jumping back on ship.

Do you guys flip flop like crazy all the time like this???
Yes. Every loss = "worst team in history" and every win = "we're in win now mode; tade picks for players!"

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk