Draft tankers jumping off buildings

DanTown

Liked Posts:
I disagree only because we have the QB in place right now.

As much as I want to draft Bradley Chubb, I also do not want Trubisky to struggle and lose a ton of games and damage him.

Mitch needed that game and it is more important than 1-2 spots in the draft position.

What does it matter if Mitch plays poorly (or well) with a coaching staff that is fired and then an entire new wide receiver group next year? There is no way no matter how good or bad the final four weeks of the year go that will impact how I feel about the 2018 Bears in a way more so than their draft pick(s) will do. I mean the Bears have to get drastically better on the offensive side of the ball; let's not fool ourselves with a tired + beaten down + quitting Bengals team as some sort of barometer for the future of this team.

So little matters in this sport year-to-year that I don't get why people don't care about draft picks but think that a few games matter. If it was go from say 2 or 3 to 4 or 5 in the draft I wouldn't care but considering the Bears record, their strong SOS, and the number of teams around them, it could easily go from 4 to 12 or 13.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
What does it matter if Mitch plays poorly (or well) with a coaching staff that is fired and then an entire new wide receiver group next year? There is no way no matter how good or bad the final four weeks of the year go that will impact how I feel about the 2018 Bears in a way more so than their draft pick(s) will do. I mean the Bears have to get drastically better on the offensive side of the ball; let's not fool ourselves with a tired + beaten down + quitting Bengals team as some sort of barometer for the future of this team.

So little matters in this sport year-to-year that I don't get why people don't care about draft picks but think that a few games matter. If it was go from say 2 or 3 to 4 or 5 in the draft I wouldn't care but considering the Bears record, their strong SOS, and the number of teams around them, it could easily go from 4 to 12 or 13.

I think it matters for him and being validated in how hard he is working. Confidence is something that can carry over especially for a young QB.

I would prefer Trubisky to tear it up for 4 games.

1. It is good for him.
2. It is good for the coaching search.
3. It is good for recruiting free agents.

But I agree if you do not have your QB you should lose as many games as possible down the stretch.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I think it matters for him and being validated in how hard he is working. Confidence is something that can carry over especially for a young QB.

I would prefer Trubisky to tear it up for 4 games.

1. It is good for him.
2. It is good for the coaching search.
3. It is good for recruiting free agents.

But I agree if you do not have your QB you should lose as many games as possible down the stretch.

I completely agree. It is good for the young core to learn what it takes to win NFL games especially Trubisky.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
The Bears paid two thirds + a fourth to get a guy they couldn't guarantee would be available because the Bears beat the 49ers last year. There's no value that comes with winning a few games with a coaching staff that's about to get fired and taking a sure fire top 5 pick to outside the top 10.

It's not as if I'm made they won the Steelers game or the Ravens game and showed they had some outside hope of the playoffs; I'm mad they're winning games that matter zero to the future of the franchise besides weakening their draft spot. It's not like SF, which is evaluating whether or not they want to resign Jimmy G, this franchise is already all-in on Mitch being the future so there is no real value to be gained from the next three weeks of evaluation. All it's going to is cost a team draft capital when they probably need to hit all their draft picks to rebuild the franchise quickly.
It matters to the development of Mich Trubisky, and winning will only help that development.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
There is a substantial core of losers hoping the Bears fail to improve draft position. Today's performance kills them. They are now frantically calculating how many draft positions the Bears have dropped.

Wins like this are great for an organization and breed further success more than tanking for a better draft position. You posers have been warned

If John Fox and his crew had just lost 1 more meaningless game down the stretch last season, the Bears would have bean sitting on three extra 2nd round picks right aboot now. So while you reminisce over that win against the Bengals, I’d rather be drafting the next Alshon Jeffery, Cody Whitehair, and Eddie Goldman.

Last edited:
Reactions: Myk

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
If John Fox and his crew had just lost 1 more meaningless game down the stretch last season, the Bears would have bean sitting on three extra 2nd round picks right aboot now. So while you reminisce over that win against the Bengals, I’d rather be drafting the next Alshon Jeffery, Cody Whitehair, and Eddie Goldman.

25ssg9l.png