My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
There is a substantial core of losers hoping the Bears fail to improve draft position. Today's performance kills them. They are now frantically calculating how many draft positions the Bears have dropped.

Wins like this are great for an organization and breed further success more than tanking for a better draft position. You posers have been warned

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
I wanted the Bears to lose. I rooted hard for them. I always root for the win during the game and will hate the win come draft time.

Nick80

Liked Posts:
There is a substantial core of losers hoping the Bears fail to improve draft position. Today's performance kills them. They are now frantically calculating how many draft positions the Bears have dropped.

Wins like this are great for an organization and breed further success more than tanking for a better draft position. You posers have been warned

Who should they draft?

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Winning clearly harms this Bears team that has stellar drafting prowess.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Should I jump off the Sears tower or the Willis tower?

WestsideResider

Bro idk
Liked Posts:
This impostor omelet can't even stay on brand. Just awful.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
Trubisky and the rest of the rookie class looking good and particularly #10 having some impressive throws on film for a prospective HC is worth more to me than a couple of positions on the draft board.

Ej63090

Anti-Exultant Cruise Dire
Liked Posts:
Lots of great thoughts from the vets today. Ommy..shoopster...

BearsJR

Liked Posts:
Since the GB game it has been a perfect combo of wanting them to win, but being OK if they don't. That being said, this was damn fun to watch them look like a really good team, and despite shooting themselves in the foot with penalties, still overcoming that and winning convincingly.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I've never liked the concept of wanting to lose for draft position. Trubisky and the rookies need a taste of winning to want more of it. We also should be rooting for their development and experience in these last games of the year. #AllInFor2018

ob1force

Liked Posts:
Right on the money, OP.

Trade back and get more picks is the plan.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Winning energizes an entire organization and it's the first step back to greatness.

This was very similar to the early 80's when the sad sack Bears would win here and there. Then it became a regular thing, then expected. You could feel the organization, fans and city coming together. In all that no real fan was worried about draft position

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wins like this are great for an organization and breed further success more than tanking for a better draft position.

Agree that wins feel good. I'm on board for tanking with well-played close losses, like many late last season as starters kept getting shelved on IR.

It's nice to see Mitch & the offense looking good. Quite a few runs on 1st down, but against a weaker CIN D, they were still able to dominate.

A win might drop em a pick or two in the draft, which technically hurts, but very few real fans will lose their shit over a solid win like this (unless they think Fox stays...nope).

It's more important overall that the guys still playing now continue to grow and play well. If that means a W > an L, might as well be putting foot to ass.

Hammer

Liked Posts:

NO Chubb for you!!!

Btw. Bears should totally trade down in 2018 Draft :smug2:

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
I'm way past rooting for the Bears to win when they're 3-9 and already out of the playoff picture. Fuck these goddamn losers for winning when it doesn't matter and losing when it matters. At this point just lose as often and as badly as possible to get Fox canned and to get a better draft spot

I was rooting for these cunts to beat the packers back when it mattered, I don't give a shit if they beat the bengals when they're 3-9 and it doesn't matter

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
As far as I'm concerned, a game where the rookies and Trubisky in particular look great is still by far the preferred outcome.

If #10 looks like shit for the remaining four games (including today) then it becomes an even less enticing HC job than it already is. The fact that we saw Cohen, Shaheen, Trubisky and Jackson all have an impact also stabilises Pace's position a bit which can't hurt.

As much as I want to flush Fox and hold ownership (and Pace to a lesser extent) to account, today was a good day.