Is Loggains a good or bad OC?

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Before this year I thought he was kinda a fair to good OC. Then this year happened and his playbook disappeared. Today we seen the playbook we ran with Loggains last year. I'm not sure what to think about this. Was Fox really handcuffing him that bad? He is gone either way at this point.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Before this year I thought he was kinda a fair to good OC. Then this year happened and his playbook disappeared. Today we seen the playbook we ran with Loggains last year. I'm not sure what to think about this. Was Fox really handcuffing him that bad? He is gone either way at this point.

After the way he called todays game was so different, it seems obvious Fox had him handcuffed and let him loose today.

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
Oh, he's great. Put himself right back in the Head Coaching discussion with today's effort.

It's all fixed now . . .

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
I didn't have much confidence in him going into the season, but I'd say he's been satisfactory as a whole. I'm laying a lot of blame on our poor offensive strategy to Fox right now.

I'd like to revisit this after the season. We have a few more games to evaluate how much different this team is when we aren't going run-run-pass-punt. If he can use this game as a springboard for the remainder of the season, then I'll consider him a decent coach.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I still don’t want him nor the rest of the coaching staff back next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This. One game against a team that has quit on their season does not change my opinion that he's a shitty OC that has had zero success in the NFL. Dude sucks

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I liked the playcalling last year with the shitty QBs we had. Somehow this year, he went away from that type of playcalling and seems to have found it again today. I think he's good and was finally able to call his own plays this week. Still too late for him though

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
Either way, we will really never know because he won’t be around next year! This is why you have to have an offensive minded head coach who calls plays. Otherwise, you run the risk of losing your offensive coordinator and then are back to square one if you have a defensive head coach!

It’s the way of the future!

ob1force

Liked Posts:
He's probably a lot better than he's shown this season. Not saying he's a guru by any means but it's clear as day Fox has been holding him back.

But yeah he's likely gone once Foxy is shown the door. I wouldn't mind if they demoted him to QB's coach if the new regime wanted him or if they keep Ragone there. It isn't the worst thing in the world to have some minor continuity with Trubs.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
I'd have to be Pace to know. If what today proved was Fox has been responsible for this season I'd firing him and promote a trial run from within to see what can happen with Fox totally out of the picture.
Otherwise it doesn't matter because they're all gone with Fox (hopefully).

Today does strongly hint at Fox has been the problem. That problem tells me he doesn't want to coach any more. I don't care how much he doesn't like trusting rookies, what he was doing obviously wasn't working yet he stuck to it.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Idk.... but he is a wonderful Hobbit

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
Doubtful anybody wants him back, it's not surprising that's what you think.

the shoopster hasn't gotten to know everyone here yet, guys, but help me out with Sparky Punkmeister - he has trouble with satire, right? . . .

Novoitus

Mitch Trubisky Fan
Liked Posts:
the shoopster hasn't gotten to know everyone here yet, guys, but help me out with Sparky Punkmeister - he has trouble with satire, right? . . .

. . . i;m think about thos Beans

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
One good game does not negate his body of work over the previous 12 games. Hope this play calling continues though. Shit was clicking.

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
One good game does not negate his body of work over the previous 12 games. Hope this play calling continues though. Shit was clicking.

12 games? "No"gains Loggains is 13-and-32 since taking over as OC . . .

Last edited:

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
12 games? "No"ggains is 13-and-32 since taking over as OC . . .

Obviously, my post was only referring to the current season. I'm well aware that Loggains has been the OC for more then one season.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
( One good game does not negate his body of work over the previous 12 games. Hope this play calling continues though. Shit was clicking. ) Was them 12 games Loggains? or was that Foxie?

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It’s no secret that Loggains loves to pass. Even with bums like Hoyer and Barkley, he was throwing it constantly. Some people may have forgotten, but many fans were screaming for Loggains to run it more with Howard. This has obviously not been Loggains offense this season, and he’s hinted at it many times in various press conferences.

After the Ravens game...

Bears offensive coordinator Dowell Loggains was asked Wednesday what rookie tight end Adam Shaheen had to do to get involved in the passing game.

“Um, we don’t need to run the ball 50 times and only call 17 passes,” Loggains said. “That’s a big part of it.”