"Uncle" Ernie's Revenge

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
Accorsi was right all along - John Fox showed today he's got plenty left in the tank. Redemption for the Foxy one . . .

. . . It's all fixed now . . .

webernie11s-web.jpg

AustinIllini

Lifetime of futility
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Dallas Stars
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Thank God for him he's rich

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yawn. "Take my wife......please."

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
Does she call you the poopster too?

Nah, just some guy on the chicity message board the shoopster's never heard of who calls himself the Midway Bitch does that . . .

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You posted almost the same exact thread last week about your Uncle Ernie and no one gave a fuck.

I'll reply today with the same reply as then... Not surprised that dumb ass is your uncle.

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
You posted almost the same exact thread last week about your Uncle Ernie and no one gave a fuck.

I'll reply today with the same reply as then... Not surprised that dumb ass is your uncle.

He's, uh, not really the shoopster's uncle, Sparky . . .

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
This alt only comes around to pile on the Bears when they're down.

Now, rupert, easy now. After all, the shoopster's seen your posts here - you have a ready wit.

So tell me when it's ready . . .

billwade

Liked Posts:
I know it's tongue in cheek, but I'm not sure the shoopster isn't right anyway.

Generally, people in management positions don't think like the Bears. Guarantee Ginny, George and sweat ted are praying to Halas that Fox wins out and they can avoid the unpleasantness of changing HCs.

I don't believe any of the reports that Fox is done. Obviously, the reports that he was going to be dumped mid season were wrong. Fox will absolutely finish the season.

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
I know it's tongue in cheek, but I'm not sure the shoopster isn't right anyway.

Generally, people in management positions don't think like the Bears. Guarantee Ginny, George and sweat ted are praying to Halas that Fox wins out and they can avoid the unpleasantness of changing HCs.

I don't believe any of the reports that Fox is done. Obviously, the reports that he was going to be dumped mid season were wrong. Fox will absolutely finish the season.

There's no way the Bears can bring back Fox, even if they want to, which the shoopster is pretty confident they don't, despite Ginny's historic reluctance to make bold changes when circumstances dictate.

The conundrum for the Bears is that Pace only has two years left on his deal. There's little chance the Bears will jettison Pace at this time, and the shoopster's not even sure he deserves it despite his pitiful 13-and-32 record. By the same token, an extension for a GM with a 13-and-32 record will be a hard sell to the fanbase. What kind of coach will come in with only two years solidified?

An undeserving young upstart willing to overlook the circumstances in order to Peter-Principle himself into a head coaching position?

Fox should have been gone last year. It was obvious it wasn't working. Now, the Bears have no logical path forward.

Which, judging by the chaos they allow their front office to court, seems to be the way they like it.

billwade

Liked Posts:
There's no way the Bears can bring back Fox, even if they want to, which the shoopster is pretty confident they don't, despite Ginny's historic reluctance to make bold changes when circumstances dictate.

The conundrum for the Bears is that Pace only has two years left on his deal. There's little chance the Bears will jettison Pace at this time, and the shoopster's not even sure he deserves it despite his pitiful 13-and-32 record. By the same token, an extension for a GM with a 13-and-32 record will be a hard sell to the fanbase. What kind of coach will come in with only two years solidified?

An undeserving young upstart willing to overlook the circumstances in order to Peter-Principle himself into a head coaching position?

Fox should have been gone last year. It was obvious it wasn't working. Now, the Bears have no logical path forward.

Which, judging by the chaos they allow their front office to court, seems to be the way they like it.

Never underestimate the reluctance of the Bears to change the status quo. If Fox wins out, I can see the Bears giving him another year. Which might be the right thing to do considering their miserable record of choosing new HCs. Every time a new guy shows up, the team gets worse.