Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Dallas Stars
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
To be fair, this was really the only truly remarkable game he's played so far. The others are characterized by few mistakes but few opportunities.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
It will be a wide open offense from here so we will get a really good look now.

Rise

Liked Posts:
To be fair, this was really the only truly remarkable game he's played so far. The others are characterized by few mistakes but few opportunities.

To be fair it wasn’t even his best passing game statistically. I’m a Bears fan too so I’m not used to what a QB looks like but for once we have stats on our side. Not potential, arm strength, or the month of September.

Reactions: 1ke

AustinIllini

Lifetime of futility
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Dallas Stars
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I don't know how you define remarkable, but he had more yards and more YPA in the Packers game.

That honestly escaped me. Thanks for the reminder.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
This Tweet says it all:

Adam Hoge‏Verified account
@AdamHoge
Follow Follow @AdamHoge
More

Question to Mitchell Trubisky: "Is it fair to say you guys were more aggressive today offensively?

Trubisky: "Sure. It’s fair to say, because everyone has opinions."

Follow-up: "Is it accurate?"

Trubisky: "It’s accurate."

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Trubisky's stats over the past 5 games:

93-145 (67.6%) for 996 yards, 4 TD, 2 INT, 87.6 rating

That's, uh, really, really good for a rookie.

Well, the offense has put very few points on the board until today. That's kind of a big deal.

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
It will be a wide open offense from here so we will get a really good look now.

If the offense is indeed opened up from here on out, then it will be via an edict from on high. The only reason the chains came off today is because the Bengals are a bad team. When Fox goes back up against quality opponents like the Lions and Vikings history tells us he will pull in the reigns and play Fox-ball trying to keep the game close and luck into a win.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
If the offense is indeed opened up from here on out, then it will be via an edict from on high. The only reason the chains came off today is because the Bengals are a bad team. When Fox goes back up against quality opponents like the Lions and Vikings history tells us he will pull in the reigns and play Fox-ball trying to keep the game close and luck into a win.

You are seriously calling the Lions a quality team??? Their defense is absolutely atrocious, and their offense can barely ever score in the 1st half of games. If we play like we did today, it will be the same result in the end....

KCbear

Liked Posts:

I really hope you’re wrong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
You are seriously calling the Lions a quality team??? Their defense is absolutely atrocious, and their offense can barely ever score in the 1st half of games. If we play like we did today, it will be the same result in the end....

The Lions record is above .500. How has Fox coached against +.500 teams? That's the shoopster's point . . .

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well, the offense has put very few points on the board until today. That's kind of a big deal.

I was about to say that. They averaged a paltry 11 points and change on offense. Today was an offensive explosion by comparison.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Considering we all knew Trubisky needed some time before he even started a game, and considering the weapons (or lack thereof) he has to work with, I am very pleased with those numbers over the past 5 games and his progression overall. The future is bright. He took that helmet to helmet hit like a champ as well.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
The Lions record is above .500. How has Fox coached against +.500 teams? That's the shoopster's point . . .

Go watch some games, then come back and talk. Until then, the shoopster should not post clueless drivel. But I doubt that will stop you...

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
Go watch some games, then come back and talk. Until then, the shoopster should not post clueless drivel. But I doubt that will stop you...

Visionman, you've got no vision, man . . .

. . . the shoopster's not making any assessments about the Lions other than the fact that their record is much better than the Bears and John Fox has not been willing to go mano a mano with anyone this year except the awful Bengals. You're arguing with yourself . . .

Last edited: