kyle fuller

pfcmsh

Liked Posts:
I agree with you. He has played so well this year I'd hate to lose him. He doesn't have the best hands. I don't think he is worth top money, but we should try to keep him because he had played like a stud this year.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[video=youtube_share;p8YFKtWtMlY]https://youtu.be/p8YFKtWtMlY[/video]

iffybiz

Liked Posts:
You let Fuller go when you have someone better. Make him a good offer, if he doesn’t take it the you put the transition tag on him and match any reasonable offer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You let Fuller go when you have someone better. Make him a good offer, if he doesn’t take it the you put the transition tag on him and match any reasonable offer.

For sake of argument, define reasonable?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

Yeah this signing or not signing Fuller thing worries me. If we were just going off of what he's done this year i would say he should be a top 7-10 paid CB in the NFL but there's so much more to him then just what he's done this year. I want him back but agree with you in that if we don't have someone better than him that we know we can replace him with (M.Butler, T.Johnson) then we have to sign him whether it be a new contract or a tag.

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
"#1" type DBs are getting 30+ million in bonuses these days. That's a lot of cap space for a player that didn't do shit until his contract year (always a red flag). I think it is obvious that the right move is to franchise him.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
"#1" type DBs are getting 30+ million in bonuses these days. That's a lot of cap space for a player that didn't do shit until his contract year (always a red flag). I think it is obvious that the right move is to franchise him.

? Do you even know what you're saying? Franchise tagging him is paying him not only #1 DB money, its paying him the average of top 5 highest paid DB money... Signing bonuses are prorated among the life of the contract. The Franchise tag is 100% counted against the cap for that year.

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
? Do you even know what you're saying? Franchise tagging him is paying him not only #1 DB money, its paying him the average of top 5 highest paid DB money... Signing bonuses are prorated among the life of the contract. The Franchise tag is 100% counted against the cap for that year.

It's the difference between a 1 year commitment and a long term one. It's bizarre that I would have to explain that to you. Thus, if he plays to form again you have a better "sample size" to extend him long term with confidence. The Bears should have a lot of cap space next year (combined with the fact that Fuller has only a single season of playing at a high level) so the moves makes sense.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Its Alshon Jeffery all over again. Are you blind? There is no purpose to exclusive franchise tagging him. If he signs a tag and refuses to re-sign a contract with you then you're renting him for a year with the inevitable outcome of...he gone. So unless you're drafting his replacement while you rent him for a year...its a pointless waste of money and cap space. Bizarre I would have to explain that to you.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't feel he's worth the tag but I'd be open minded about the transition tag.

Exactly, the transition or non-exclusive franchise tags are what he should be slapped with. Use it to work a deal or get something out of him.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
4 years 40-48 million, 20 million bonus

I think that is a bit high IMHO, at least on what would expect of the guaranteed money aspect of a contract like that (most likely 36 mil)

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yes, but that depends on where you would slot him talent wise on that list?

The funny thing about the NFL right now is that players are paid slightly based on their past but heavily based on their potential future as well. Where they are age-wise in their NFL careers has a lot to say about it.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The funny thing about the NFL right now is that players are paid slightly based on their past but heavily based on their potential future as well. Where they are age-wise in their NFL careers has a lot to say about it.

You have to take into account the Ryan pace - Alshon negotiations as well though.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You have to take into account the Ryan pace - Alshon negotiations as well though.

Oh, clearly if you read this thread I have.

dreadpirateroberts

Liked Posts:
The contract situation with Fuller is tricky. On one hand, you want to keep the guy because he's been solid for most of the year and there aren't really any great FA options. On the other hand, he'll probably want more than what he's really worth and you worry that if you give him that type of money, he could regress back to his old form, which isn't pretty. If Pace wants to give him a multi-year deal, you hope that he'll set it up to where they can cut him with a small cap hit if they want to.

iffybiz

Liked Posts:
I think that is a bit high IMHO, at least on what would expect of the guaranteed money aspect of a contract like that (most likely 36 mil)

I think you’re a bit low, the transition tag would be about 14 million per year. 8 per year isn’t going to cut it. Prince is making 7 on a prove it deal. If the Bears could get them at about 10 million each that’d be great.