kyle fuller

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If only he could catch he would be leading the league in interceptions. And that's the sexy stat for corners. People around the league would be talking a lot higher of him if he could just stop letting the ball fall through his arms.

The fact that he dropped 6 interceptions is going to work in the Bears favor.

BringBackDitka54

Liked Posts:
He's been playing lights-out with a relatively weak pass rush too. Damn impressive.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Fuller HAS to be re-signed. Prince is a JAG and Pace has to stop creating holes. Nickle is weak and we need another safety. Don’t let a talent walk when soo many needs are in place already.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He's been playing lights-out with a relatively weak pass rush too. Damn impressive.

Fuller’s play yesterday was elite. You’re not going to find a better performance than that from any other CB’s.

pboer323

Liked Posts:
re-sign
rēˈsīn/Submit
verb
sign (a document) again.
engage (a sports player) to play for a team for a further period.
(of a sports player) commit oneself to play for a team for a further period.
"they both played for the club last season and have agreed to re-sign"

Versus

DICTIONARY
resign×
re·sign
rəˈzīn/Submit
verb
voluntarily leave a job or other position.
"he resigned from the government in protest at the policy"
synonyms: leave, hand in one's notice, give notice, stand down, step down; More
accept that something undesirable cannot be avoided.
"he seems resigned to a shortened career"
synonyms: reconcile oneself to, become resigned to, come to terms with, accept More

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Bears have 2 CB's signed through next season. Cooper and Crevon. Both are backups. Somethings got to happen.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Fuller has done a very good job as a pass defender but his tackling technique is atrocious. He just rams his shoulder int the thigh or shin of ball carriers. He has gotten away with it this year, but he very rarely uses his arms to wrap up.

This is true of a few of the Bears db's. It seems inconceivable that proper technique is just ignored by this coaching staff, but why this continues is confounding.

jbunch14

Liked Posts:
Fuller HAS to be re-signed. Prince is a JAG and Pace has to stop creating holes. Nickle is weak and we need another safety. Don’t let a talent walk when soo many needs are in place already.

Do you realize that Callahan/LeBlanc were the #1 and #2 rated nickle CBs last season? Nickle is not a need. Re-signing Fuller is a must if we are serious about competing.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I am not in a rush to re-sign Prince.

I would see if we can do better in free agency and then go back to him. The dude just does not create turnovers.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
This is very similar to the Alshon Jeffery situation. I could a lot of scenarios where he isn't back. I think Pace's contract offers will be under what Fuller thinks he's worth. I think Fuller could just want out after the issues with Fangio in the past and the way the team handled his injury last year. But Fuller will be one of the youngest free agent CBs available. Tough to justify letting a 25-year old coming into his prime walk. But they let Jeffery walk. I really don't know what to expect. A lot will depend on the next HC/DC. He's still below average with his back to the ball and has been lucky on a few overthrows. If the next DC wants to play a lot of man coverage across the board, I think he's gone.

ob1force

Liked Posts:
Akiem Hicks definitely wants Fuller back: http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2017/12/11/chicago-bears-akiem-hicks-kyle-fuller-free-agency/

“I wish we had gotten that fifth-year option so he couldn’t go nowhere,” Hicks said of Fuller. “What I’ll say is this: Kyle Fuller’s a great player, a really good guy in the locker room. He’s been dominant this year. I really hope we find a way to keep him around. And he’s definitely going to have options as a free agent. I just know that he’s one of those players you can really count on and you want on your side when everything’s going wild.”

Perhaps it was the words of Fangio that lit a fire under Fuller, who missed all of last season on injured reserve after the August knee procedure. Perhaps it was not being appreciated enough by the Bears’ management that got Fuller playing inspired football.

What’s clear is that Fuller is a motivated player this season.

“Vic will shoot you straight,” Hicks said. “As a player, you always expect a lot out of yourself. What others see or feel about you, you can’t let creep into your mind very much. Kyle Fuller, he knows he can play this game at a high level, and he’s done everything this year to show what type of a player he is.

“I’m sure that upstairs, guys are appreciating him a lot more than they did previously.”

TishLover

Liked Posts:
Would hate to see him walk but can you justify top money to Fuller with only one really good year? It would be a tough decision for Pace.

DanTown

Liked Posts:
You obviously didn't see this coming but it's a crying shame the Bears declined his fifth-year option considering there was no real longterm depth here. Weird piece of evaluation on their own guy.

I like Fuller but it's all about cost for me. If he wants a Bouye or Gilmore type deal then you can't resign him for that considering how often he gets beat and how often he doesn't generate turnovers. If you can keep him in that 8-10 AAV then that's fine but anything more and you're paying career year over career and I'd rather spend that money on a more reliable corner year to year.

Supercalifragilizer

Liked Posts:
Hard to know how it will pan out with Fuller. His play has been great at times, but also really bad some others. He's elevated his level this year for sure, he's had a good/very good season overall, but he's not gonna get near top-tier money anywhere. He doesn't make enough picks if nothing else.

The CB position is so weak they almost can't afford to let him walk. I suspect they'll have to overpay at least slightly to keep him here. It would hurt to lose him and weaken the position further, but damn, the slapping the franchise tag on him would be steep.

Prince...... I think if he'd been on a D with a genuine #1CB he would've seen a lot more action this season, and I'm not sure he would've held up. Teams have thrown at Fuller a LOT, even when he's had a great game. But even when Prince has been tested..... guy never seems to make a play. I don't think he has even 1 pick this year?

Prince currently has the 4th highest CAP hit on the team. Does anyone seriously think he's the 4th best player on the Defense let alone the team?? Cos I sure don't. If Prince is coming back that salary needs to come down by at least $2mil, maybe 3.

They actually have an out on Marcus Cooper after this season. You cut him and offer Prince a similar deal to Coopers originally, bit lower probably, it might work. But there's no way Prince should be back at current salary.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
Hard to know how it will pan out with Fuller. His play has been great at times, but also really bad some others. He's elevated his level this year for sure, he's had a good/very good season overall, but he's not gonna get near top-tier money anywhere. He doesn't make enough picks if nothing else.

The CB position is so weak they almost can't afford to let him walk. I suspect they'll have to overpay at least slightly to keep him here. It would hurt to lose him and weaken the position further, but damn, the slapping the franchise tag on him would be steep.

Prince...... I think if he'd been on a D with a genuine #1CB he would've seen a lot more action this season, and I'm not sure he would've held up. Teams have thrown at Fuller a LOT, even when he's had a great game. But even when Prince has been tested..... guy never seems to make a play. I don't think he has even 1 pick this year?

Prince currently has the 4th highest CAP hit on the team. Does anyone seriously think he's the 4th best player on the Defense let alone the team?? Cos I sure don't. If Prince is coming back that salary needs to come down by at least $2mil, maybe 3.

They actually have an out on Marcus Cooper after this season. You cut him and offer Prince a similar deal to Coopers originally, bit lower probably, it might work. But there's no way Prince should be back at current salary.

They should resign him. he isn't the best but pace has a habit of letting guys walk and getting worse in every position.

ob1force

Liked Posts:
Would hate to see him walk but can you justify top money to Fuller with only one really good year? It would be a tough decision for Pace.

Good corners are hard to come by, especially in today's NFL where I believe they have the toughest job by far.

CB's are difficult to grade and I think Fuller is a classic case of people overreacting to a few bad plays in a season thus portraying him as being much worse than he actually is.

IMO, Fuller has been pretty solid even before this season. His rookie year was up and down but in 2015 he started coming into his own down the stretch. Unfortunately, that momentum was derailed when he got hurt last year and then the coaches threw him in the doghouse.

Last year I was totally fine with Fuller taking extra precaution with his health; it's what we're doing with Long now in a lost season.

Personally, don't believe Fuller will command top money like Norman, Sherman, Peterson, etc. But I look at a guy like Dre Kirkpatrick getting $10.5M/yr and Darius Slay at $12M/yr.

I think he's closer to the Slay ballpark and I'd be content with Pace matching that number or even slightly exceeding it. He's a good corner about to enter his prime; it'd be a shame to let him go.

circusboy666

Liked Posts:
I’d tag him for one more year. I’m still not so sure that we get any more out of him than this. My gut says this is him at his best.

Now to secure him as #2 corner for next 4 years or so even if it’s an extra million Or so then I’d sign him.