Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Dallas Stars
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I think he walks. I would hate for that to happen, but I would also hate to pay him and have him regress.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think he walks. I would hate for that to happen, but I would also hate to pay him and have him regress.

The reality lies somewhere in the middle. He is good enough to re-sign and he won't command stupid money because he has bad and/or rough games on his ledger too. I've never seen a kid who is looking for a pay day. I see someone who was out to prove he was a starter after he was about to be relegated to being a backup corner.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Would you guys franchise him? I don't think he's worthy of it..... but the thought of losing him for nothing makes me sick.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Would you guys franchise him? I don't think he's worthy of it..... but the thought of losing him for nothing makes me sick.

Exclusive franchise tag? Nah. Non-exclusive franchise tag? Maybe. As long as they use the tag to simply negotiate a deal. He's worth keeping but not at franchise tag money tbh. He isn't commanding that kind of pay day just yet. He may some day be that good, remember he is still a young corner.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:

I think the Bears had until May 2 to pick up his 5th year option.

So now, I believe he's restricted.

Which means he can go to the market for a contract, but we have the opp to match.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Just like Daniel Manning, it would suck to lose the guy after he finally develops into a serviceable defender

dennehy

Liked Posts:

Which means he can go to the market for a contract, but we have the opp to match.

No he's unrestricted. If the 5th year option isn't picked up the player is unrestricted.

BigTom

Liked Posts:
If only he could catch he would be leading the league in interceptions. And that's the sexy stat for corners. People around the league would be talking a lot higher of him if he could just stop letting the ball fall through his arms.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
No he's unrestricted. If the 5th year option isn't picked up the player is unrestricted.

OK.Thanks. SPotrac doesn't have him as a UFA till 2019. But, I think you're prob right.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

He is unrestricted.

Offer him a deal, if he says no, hit him with the non-exclusive tag.

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fuller was - to use a pet phrase of Marc "Canada Dry" Trestman's - "ascending" after his first round draft selection by Phil Emery "Bored."

Then, John Fox got here and put him in the doghouse for some unknown reason. It's not as if Fox had anybody better to put on the field, but when has the arrogant, crotchety Fox ever let talent evaluation get in the way of his whims (reference Josh Bellamy).

The fact that Fuller stayed the course and worked his way back from obscurity says a lot about his character. The Bears need to hold onto him, not to mention the fact that you don't let a first-round investment walk when your organization has hindered him from fully realizing his potential.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
He’s going to test the market for sure. He put tobther a great season so his stick is high, plus he’s had some downs here in CHI with being benched and falling out of favor. Furthermore, it’s pretty certain that the coaches will be fired which leaves a lot of uncertainty of where he fits in with the team.lots of uncertainty to stay here in Chicago.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
He’s going to test the market for sure. He put tobther a great season so his stick is high, plus he’s had some downs here in CHI with being benched and falling out of favor. Furthermore, it’s pretty certain that the coaches will be fired which leaves a lot of uncertainty of where he fits in with the team.lots of uncertainty to stay here in Chicago.

If Fox is fired, Pace may decide to tag him so the new coach can fully evaluate him next season. Might seem strange after declining the 5th year option, but I think it's better than just letting him walk. Unless he just wants out of Chicago no matter what. Really couldn't blame him considering....

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
If Fox is fired, Pace may decide to tag him so the new coach can fully evaluate him next season. Might seem strange after declining the 5th year option, but I think it's better than just letting him walk. Unless he just wants out of Chicago no matter what. Really couldn't blame him considering....

Yeah, that’s really the only option imo. That said, Pace has been pretty thorough in “purging” players of the previous regime, so I don’t think he goes to the lengths of franchise tagging Fuller.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Yeah, that’s really the only option imo. That said, Pace has been pretty thorough in “purging” players of the previous regime, so I don’t think he goes to the lengths of franchise tagging Fuller.

It's obviously the last resort option. I'm sure they will offer him a contract. Maybe even a big one, just with an option to get out of it after a year or two with minimal cap hit if things aren't working out. The tag never makes a player happy. But if a new staff comes in and gives him the chance to really play well...he could choose to then sign that long term contract next offseason with us.

billwade

Liked Posts:
After losing Jeffery and getting nothing, Pace would really look foolish if doesn't do something to secure Fuller after turning down the 5th year option. The non exclusive tag is the best choice. It will keep the cost down since no team is going to give up 2 #1s for Fuller. Either way, Fuller is in for a nice payday next year

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
He lacks the all important INT numbers and isn’t a real shutdown corner. He’s played very well and is going to get better, but I think people overrate his market value.

4 yrs/38 mil/20 gtd

Prince probably gets a 2 yr deal