Carson Wentz - torn ACL- terrible

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
that was an amazing game and Wentz might be better than Rodgers, tough break...definitely better than Goff

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
I'm a big proponent of QBs avoiding hits and not being tough guys. You could tell he was hurt later in that series. You just didn't know how bad. Sucks for him and the Eagles. Wentz isn't a run 1st guy but he doesn't exactly avoid contact either.

Good point, and I'll extend to all players that play in the NFL. I think an under rated talent that some players have is the ability to protect themselves on the field. If I was an OC ... if I saw my QB taking hits on unnecessary running plays, I'd make him do 100 blood and guts if that what it took to get him to stop.

Wentz has taken an aggressive running style early on in his career, so that is why I said I'd like him to learn that big doesn't matter in the NFL.

And when I say other players ... players like Kevin White. When I see him make a 4 yard grab, and then juke 8 times, and then dive for 1 yard, it kills me. Just make the grab and get down with a 2 yard extension. And protect yourself, and NOT take hits.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Terrible to hear.

I don't like to see a team's fortunes changed by injury, and certainly don't like seeing (most) players go down.

Go Nick Foles. That team still has a lot going for it.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
And, of course, tearing his left ACL would serve as proof that he will tear his right ACL.

As a stat guy, you can't say that the probability doesn't go up. Just saying.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bad news for football. Means another easy Patriots SB win and now an MVP for Brady with the real MVP being put on the shelf.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Double edged sword. What makes him special is what will likely cut his career short. His ability to extend plays with reckless abandon.

He takes far too many brutal hits and doesn't protect himself well. He's big and strong bit it doesn't matter. The NFL will break you.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
I'm a big proponent of QBs avoiding hits and not being tough guys. You could tell he was hurt later in that series. You just didn't know how bad. Sucks for him and the Eagles. Wentz isn't a run 1st guy but he doesn't exactly avoid contact either.

Wentz rarely slides, which is not smart.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Bad news for football. Means another easy Patriots SB win and now an MVP for Brady with the real MVP being put on the shelf.

If the Seahawks make the playoffs I think Wilson is deserving of it

Visionman

Liked Posts:
I hope Trubisky watches that play and takes notes. There is a time for the QB to go all-in like that...but it is rare.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

True, you don't want your QB to always scramble and take contact like a RB. QBs are usually built a bit differently, plus even if the QB can take hits like that, you'll still have a higher risk of injury/shortening your career regardless.

On the other hand, I don't really blame Wentz for doing what he did with the play in question. He was diving for a TD, and unfortunately had someone slam into his knee. Preventable, maybe, but I think I would done the same in Wentz's situation. Hindsight is 20/20.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The risk/reward for running QBs is starting to get steep in the NFL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I wince in pain every time I see Trubisky get hit. This is why.

The shot he took to the head today was not cool.

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
I want it to be torn so it's probably just a sprain

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
This is why you need a quality backup QB.

This years eagles team might be the their best team in 40yrs. Can Foles carry them?

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
that's for pussies too! dirt, just rub some dirt on it and get back at it!

Dirt is for pussies. Have one of Ommie's syphillis riddled hookers rub her Herpes laden curtains across it & get back on the field.