Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Very big injuries this year. It's been a freaky NFL year, injury wise.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Dirt is for pussies. Have one of Ommie's syphillis riddled hookers rub her Herpes laden curtains across it & get back on the field.

As a good friend would say, just pour some diesel on it.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
True, you don't want your QB to always scramble and take contact like a RB. QBs are usually built a bit differently, plus even if the QB can take hits like that, you'll still have a higher risk of injury/shortening your career regardless.

On the other hand, I don't really blame Wentz for doing what he did with the play in question. He was diving for a TD, and unfortunately had someone slam into his knee. Preventable, maybe, but I think I would done the same in Wentz's situation. Hindsight is 20/20.

Nor do I but it's simply a matter of odds and not about an individual play or practice etc. They likely all get hurt at some point anyway but better to have fewer, less severe ones.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It doesn’t matter how big or athletic you are, taking hits as a QB is eventually going to end your season.

andrew-luck-ruled-out-week-15.gif

During the Bears vs. Eagles telecast, the play by play guys mentioned that Pederson challenges Carson Wentz to get at least 2 first downs every game with his legs.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
And, of course, tearing his left ACL would serve as proof that he will tear his right ACL.

Makes it statistically more likely. Not sure about "proof". But if he were to then go out next year and tear another ACL, it would be fair to call him injury-prone. But there's no indication that that's going to happen, and I'm not aware of any concerning injury history with him.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This falls under shit happens but I'm still of the strong opinion that QBs shouldn't be RBs. I know we ran an option yesterday and there's some room for it but frankly, I'd prefer if we didn't.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
This falls under shit happens but I'm still of the strong opinion that QBs shouldn't be RBs. I know we ran an option yesterday and there's some room for it but frankly, I'd prefer if we didn't.

QB's should run past the line of scrimmage rarely and effectively. They should follow Russell Wilson as a model when it comes to mobile players at that position since he makes sure to avoid taking unnecessary hits and not Big Ben on the Steelers.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Does this mean that he is a bust cuz he tore his ACL while having an out of control, aggressive running style a la RGIII?

Lmao yes....he looks for contact.

AustinIllini

Lifetime of futility
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Dallas Stars
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

You see it with Dak Prescott this year. There are plays where he could run it an chooses not to. Unless you can get cleanly into the end zone, it's a hit tax.

Now, time of season and situation matters a lot. Eagles were going to win the NFC East if not this weekend then the next. Carson Wentz needs to know better.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You see it with Dak Prescott this year. There are plays where he could run it an chooses not to. Unless you can get cleanly into the end zone, it's a hit tax.

Now, time of season and situation matters a lot. Eagles were going to win the NFC East if not this weekend then the next. Carson Wentz needs to know better.

Didn't they lock it up already?

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Double edged sword. What makes him special is what will likely cut his career short. His ability to extend plays with reckless abandon.

He takes far too many brutal hits and doesn't protect himself well. He's big and strong bit it doesn't matter. The NFL will break you.

aGT_ym.gif

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
And, of course, tearing his left ACL would serve as proof that he will tear his right ACL.
Actually,

"Second ACL tears were recorded in 141 (13.8%) of the 914 patients diagnosed with an ACL tear in Olmsted County, Minnesota, USA, from 2001 to 2010; 50.4% of these occurred in the contralateral knee. A noncontact mechanism was responsible for 76.4% of all ACL injuries.

• During the 24-month study period, 29.5% of the athletes with a history of ACLR and 8.5% of the control athletes suffered an ACL injury.
• The overall incidence rate of a second ACL injury was nearly 6 times greater than the rate of ACL injury among the healthy control subjects in that 24-month period.
• Within the ACLR group, female athletes were more than twice as likely to tear the ACL in their contralateral knee rather than the graft in the surgical knee.
• Athletes in the ACLR group who suffered another ACL injury did so soon after they returned to play. 30.4% were injured in less than 20 athlete-exposures (AE), and 52.2% were injured in less than 72 AEs. "

LiverpoolBearsFAn

Liked Posts:
Sorry for Wentz, was having a fantastic season, seems a decent guy.

Not sorry for the rest of the Philly fans, coaches and players after all their mockery and piss taking against us the other week. I hate Schwartz, the self satisfied prick - wish he'd have torn his ACL instead.

On a side note, after the weekend Trubisky's passer rating is marginally better than Wentz's in his first season...

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Wentz plays a little too wreckless. Can't afford to take those hits over and over again.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Defenders are also going to try to get a good lick on a QB whenever they can. Wentz better adjust his game, or he won't last long in the NFL.

inchibearfan

Liked Posts:
Why isn't there any talk on Wentz taking himself out of the game, he could still walk?

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Confirmed but they already knew this.

Mike Garafolo‏Verified account
@MikeGarafolo 52s53 seconds ago
Wentz has a torn ACL confirmed, Pederson says

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
It's too bad. That was an outstanding game to watch yesterday.

Wentz was playing like a top 5 NFL QB. I wonder if the Eagles have a new dance routine to usher in the Nick Foles era?