Carson Wentz - torn ACL- terrible

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Has it been confirmed yet? Last i saw was they suspected it to be a torn ACL. IF it is then it's even worse happening this late in the season cause he'll miss most of next season as well or at least a lot of it.

Not really- Rivers played on a torn ACL in the AFCCG and had surgery immediately after, never missed a game.

Wentz will be all set next year. bad year to happen though- the eagles were killing it.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
Not really- Rivers played on a torn ACL in the AFCCG and had surgery immediately after, never missed a game.

Wentz will be all set next year. bad year to happen though- the eagles were killing it.

Wentz will be good to go. People think that because rose took a year off other guys will too. Derrick rose is a pussy so he is more of an exception than the rule.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Don't have much sympathy for the Eagles or their fans.

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Wentz will be good to go. People think that because rose took a year off other guys will too. Derrick rose is a pussy so he is more of an exception than the rule.

Here is an interesting question -

Lets say you are Wentz- You are a young, healthy guy that has unlimited money and the best health care.
You are on a team that is pretty much tops in the NFL right now, and very likely to make the Super Bowl.
There is a precedent where a QB has played on a torn ACL in the playoffs.

...Would you postpone the surgery to see if your team makes the Super Bowl... and if they make it, would you slap on a brace and play?

In all honesty, I would. I would beg and plead to the coach to give me 2 weeks of reps on the brace and play the game.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:

Lets say you are Wentz- You are a young, healthy guy that has unlimited money and the best health care.
You are on a team that is pretty much tops in the NFL right now, and very likely to make the Super Bowl.

...Would you postpone the surgery to see if your team makes the Super Bowl... and if they make it, would you slap on a brace and play?

In all honesty, I would. I would beg and plead to the coach to give me 2 weeks of reps on the brace and play the game.

I wouldn't. It's too much of a risk. Especially in the NFl with non guaranteed contracts. Now he is a qb and a team would pay him big money and take a risk even if he gets hurt again but I personally wouldnt risk it. Take this season off and come back ready the next.

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I wouldn't. It's too much of a risk. Especially in the NFl with non guaranteed contracts. Now he is a qb and a team would pay him big money and take a risk even if he gets hurt again but I personally wouldnt risk it. Take this season off and come back ready the next.

I can understand that... But I would be too tempted.
Aside from a couple organizations that make virtually perfect decisions (pats, Steelers) year after year and always contend, you never know how many legitimate shots you will have at winning it all.
... We have seen so many great players stuck on inept franchises miss their shot at a championship. I think I would be stupid and give it a go.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

Tell that to RGIII. Ruined his career.

baredown

Liked Posts:

That would be a really dumb move by Wentz, and even a dumber move by the Eagles. He'd not only be playing on a bad knee that would limit his effectiveness, he'd be playing on an unstable knee that would sharply increase his vulnerability to a more catastrophic knee injury (ie., a Jaylon Smith/Teddy Bridgewater type of thing...). The Eagles finally have a franchise QB. They should be looking out over the next 15 years, not just the next 8 weeks. AC surgery is pretty routine now, and Wentz should fully recover with the right rehab. No way you risk playing him when he's not healthy, even for the playoffs...

Liked Posts:

That's not a very interesting question at all. Their core nucleus is signed for multiple years so they'll be really good for a while. You can't risk that sort of thing. Plus is you wait that long and they lose the SB then he won't even be ready for the start of the following year.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
That's not a very interesting question at all. Their core nucleus is signed for multiple years so they'll be really good for a while. You can't risk that sort of thing. Plus is you wait that long and they lose the SB then he won't even be ready for the start of the following year.

Also, when Rivers played on that torn ACL vs the Patriots, he was fucking terrible. The Patriots should have lost that AFC Title game--3 TO's and had a hard time stopping the run. Rivers couldn't hit the broad side of a barn and kept yukking up rainbows. SD should have went with the QB that engineered the comeback against the Colts the week prior--Billy Volek. It was gutsy but one could make the argument that a QB who wasn't so obviously hindered would have given his team a better chance to win.

DanTown

Liked Posts:

He's looking at something like the Andrew Luck deal in three years (6 years / 140 million / 87 million guaranteed) and you want him to risk all of that plus a fifth year option at like 15 million (so you're talking about 100 million in just guaranteed money) to play for one Super Bowl? hell no.

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:
MILWAUKEE-Asked restaurant host: "God, did you hear about Carson Wentz?"
Host: "No."
Me: "Done. Torn ACL."
Thought he would cry.

You asked some random restaurant host in Milwaukee about a Philadelphia players knee,told he he tore it, and the guy was going to cry?

Weird.