2017 draft class

Leon Sandcastle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That's not the point. You can't rate a gm based on draft picks you think might be good. The only valid metric is wins and losses because that reflects the totality of his work including coaching hires, draft picks, FA signings. The bears record reflects his failings in all 3 of those categories.

Ya because winning games during a total rebuild should be easy.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Pace certainly had a commitment to Cutler because his contract didn't allow Pace to move him or cut him. McCaskeys were not gonna eat Cutler's contract either so whoever said that Pace had no commitment to Cutler is a moron. Rebuild could not start until Jay was gone which means this is really year 1 of the rebuild. First couple of years of Pace's tenure was to first clear the deck of all the leftover crap Emery left behind. Now the Bears have extreme cap flexibility and little money tied up in long-term contracts. This is what a rebuild looks like. People are confusing rebuild with a teardown which is what Pace first had to complete.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Yes he should be winning. Emery didnt get to have 3 losing seasons for his rebuild. They got rid of him after two one sub 500 season. Pace has 3 of those.

Emery wasn't rebuilding. He was trying to win with an old roster that had tons of money tied up in depreciating assets (Forte, Marshall, Bennett, Cutler). Emery was fired because of dysfunction more than anything. Trestman simply lost control of the players and that was the end of that regime.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Sunday's game was very impressive for the rookies. Well done Pace.

I know you're still somewhat wary of R.Pace and what he's done since he's been with us and you have reason to be cause he's made some questionable decisions, but at least you know how to give credit where credit is due. Pace has been good with his drafts and if what we saw from the 2017 class on Sunday is real and just the start of what those 4 will do for us then that will be huge for this team.

Washington

Liked Posts:
I know you're still somewhat wary of R.Pace and what he's done since he's been with us and you have reason to be cause he's made some questionable decisions, but at least you know how to give credit where credit is due. Pace has been good with his drafts and if what we saw from the 2017 class on Sunday is real and just the start of what those 4 will do for us then that will be huge for this team.

Yes, I tend to call them as I see them. I try to be open minded. When something is done well, I give praise. When something is not done so well, I criticize. I want this franchise to be successful in the worst way. As a fan of > 50 years, it is hard to be optimistic when 8 of every 10 years on average totally sucks.

I'll be sinking or swimming with Pace on the Trubisky pick because he was my #1 choice. Pace has improved each season with his drafting. I think he had a very solid draft in 2017. We need another one in 2018. I am onboard with his FA strategy but he seems to have done better with those give 1yr deals versus those given multi-year deals. There is nothing there salary cap wise that can not be overcome though. This will be a big FA period for him. Now, he better fire Fox!!!

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Yes, I tend to call them as I see them. I try to be open minded. When something is done well, I give praise. When something is not done so well, I criticize. I want this franchise to be successful in the worst way. As a fan of > 50 years, it is hard to be optimistic when 8 of every 10 years on average totally sucks.

I'll be sinking or swimming with Pace on the Trubisky pick because he was my #1 choice. Pace has improved each season with his drafting. I think he had a very solid draft in 2017. We need another one in 2018. I am onboard with his FA strategy but he seems to have done better with those give 1yr deals versus those given multi-year deals. There is nothing there salary cap wise that can not be overcome though. This will be a big FA period for him. Now, he better fire Fox!!!

Every year i say that this offseason will be the most important one for R.Pace and i'm saying it again cause this really is an important one for R.Pace cause not only does he have the usual free agency and draft to get ready for but it's finally looking like he's gonna have the green light to fire J.Fox and whoever else on the coaching staff. He's gonna be a busy man this offseason so hopefully he'll take it all in and get it right with not only players but coaches.

I guess if we can say there was any good in Fox not letting Trubisky loose to actually play QB is that it hopefully won't be too much for Trubisky to get comfortable with a new coaching staff and a new systen. Of course it will be somewhat of a setback having to learn a new system for a young 2nd year QB but at least it will only be 12 games of actual playing time in the Fox/Loggains system so it shouldn't be too hard for him......hopefully, fingers crossed.