dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Well Pace's 2017 draft class showed well today.

M.Trubisky--271 with 1 TD and a rushing TD

T.Cohen--12 rushes for 80 yds. He had some big runs and a TD called back

A.Shaheen--4 for 44 and 1 TD

E.Jackson--Fumble recovery and a INT---5 tackles with a pass defended.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Too early to get overly excited but, yeah today was nice to see.

I think the best value was Jackson. He has started the entire year and has been a solid piece to a secondary that needed a ton of help from last year.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Too early to get overly excited but, yeah today was nice to see.

I think the best value was Jackson. He has started the entire year and has been a solid piece to a secondary that needed a ton of help from last year.

Yeah ya gotta think Eddie is gonna keep getting better the more comfortable he gets but that goes for all of them.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Well Pace's 2017 draft class showed well today.

M.Trubisky--271 with 1 TD and a rushing TD

T.Cohen--12 rushes for 80 yds. He had some big runs and a TD called back

A.Shaheen--4 for 44 and 1 TD

E.Jackson--Fumble recovery and a INT---5 tackles with a pass defended.

Yep, that's a pretty nice day for the rookies.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The 2017 looks pretty good at this time and ahead of schedule.

Guys like Trubisky and Shaheen were really 2018 guys and beyond so it's nice to see them show glimpses in 2017.

Bears badly need a couple more drafts like this to stockpile some talent on this shit roster.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
But I thought Pace couldn't draft and should be fired?

Why do people use one game as evidence that they are right and everyone else is wrong. Look at the totality of his tenure and its been pretty brutal. Compared with his previous two predecessors he is the worst.

Nick80

Liked Posts:
Why do people use one game as evidence that they are right and everyone else is wrong. Look at the totality of his tenure and its been pretty brutal. Compared with his previous two predecessors he is the worst.

Brutal how? White and Grasu are the two that stand out as misses based on their draft position. Are other GMs hitting on every pick?

2015:

White: Miss. No injury concerns when drafted.
Goldman: Hit.
Grasu: Miss.
Langford: Miss.
Amos: Hit. Serviceable starter.
Fabuluje: Miss.

2016:

Floyd: Hit.
Whitehair: Hit/unknown.
Bullard: Unknown.
Kwiatkoski: Unknown.
Bush: Unknown/depth.
Hall: Miss.
Howard: Hit.
Houston-Carson: Miss/depth.
Braverman: Miss.

2017:

Trubisky: Hit.
Shaheen: Hit/unknown.
Jackson: Hit.
Cohen: Hit.
Morgan: Miss/unknown.

Nick80

Liked Posts:
How can you call Whitehair a potential unknown and Shaheen a hit? I'd have to switch those two.

Any pick past the 4th round is just throwing shit at the wall anyway. In the first round, Pace is 2/3. Second round, he's 3/3. That's well above league average I would suspect.

It was just my own quick evaluation, but I can't argue with that. I'm on your side.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Brutal how? White and Grasu are the two that stand out as misses based on their draft position. Are other GMs hitting on every pick?

2015:

2016:

2017:

Don’t even try... Alpha is clueless.

mecha

Liked Posts:

I think Phil Emery fails by default for giving Cutler that massive extension for doing nothing.

Angelo hasn't done anything since 2006. Angelo is the reason the team is as bad as it is.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
I think Phil Emery fails by default for giving Cutler that massive extension for doing nothing.

Angelo hasn't done anything since 2006. Angelo is the reason the team is as bad as it is.

I dont think any fan considered extending in cutler a mistake. He and mccown combined for the top ranked offense. You had to chose one. You either resign your qb you had for years or a journeymen. Pace on the other hand gave 18 mill to a guy no body wanted.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:

2015:

2016:

2017:

LOL. I dont know how you can consider anyone a hit in their rookie season. things can go to shit really fast. Remember mark anderson?

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
Don’t even try... Alpha is clueless.

Can't argue with a pace fanboy. No matter what facts you give them for his suckiness they will create a mythical version of him that has signed good players and made good draft picks. Who cares about wins and losses right. it's just a meaningless number. Why should pace's tenure here be defined by a number, right?

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
What GM has hit on every or nearly every pick the past three seasons?

That's not the point. You can't rate a gm based on draft picks you think might be good. The only valid metric is wins and losses because that reflects the totality of his work including coaching hires, draft picks, FA signings. The bears record reflects his failings in all 3 of those categories.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Les Snead is in his 4th year as GM of the rams. Last they went 4-12. Should h have been fired??? Current play says no.

It’s about building for the future. You can fault Pace for not drafting a QB in earlier years sure, but they are clearly doing something here.

Nick80

Liked Posts:
That's not the point. You can't rate a gm based on draft picks you think might be good. The only valid metric is wins and losses because that reflects the totality of his work including coaching hires, draft picks, FA signings. The bears record reflects his failings in all 3 of those categories.

The Glennon signing was awful. Others were bad because of injury issues. Most of the guys being brought in are making peanuts on short-term prove-it deals. Which signings were detrimental to the team besides the Glennon signing? Who should he have signed?

PolarBear

Liked Posts:

the fact that you think Pace is worse than Emery tells me all I need to know.

Emery is literally the reason the Bears are in this mess.