Week 14: Bears 33, Bengals 7 - the shoopster breaks it down . . .

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
They're going to sweep the AFC North and be 1-11 vs the NFC.

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
You can become Cleveland.

Before joining the Bears, Fox had a lot of success with 2 different reams. How do you explain that?

1) Talent - Fox was the beneficiary of better talent in Carolina and of course Peyton Manning in Denver. When faced with the prospect of a rebuild with the Bears, he fell on his arrogant a-fifty-five. He was absolutely the wrong coach for this job and "Uncle" Ernie Accorsi should give back the fee the Bears paid him for not understanding the task at hand and the mismatch Fox represented.

2) Evolution - It's clear to all that the game has passed the crotchety Fox by. His approach of slowing games against better opponents down to taffy pulls in order to keep the inferior team close enough to try to steal an undeserving win at the end was practiced here with varying degrees of success by both "Dead" Dick Jauron and Lovie "LaCucaracha" (née "Cancha See That Smile? I'm Just Glad to be Here") Smith, amongst of course many other also-rans in yesterday's NFL. In today's fast-paced passing game, where scoring drives that used to stretch on for 7-and-a-half minutes now get finished in 2-and-change, there is no place for bend-don't-break defii (OL: defense) and scared-to-death offii (pl: offense). Fox can't succeed in today's NFL because he doesn't know how and clearly isn't interested in learning.

If nothing else, the fanbase will dictate Fox's firing on Black Monday. But even the shoopster doesn't think Ginny, the Kingster and the Sweatster are stupid enough to resort to gauging its temperature before making a move - Fox is gone, not merely due to his pathetic flirtation with Abe Gibron as worst Bear Head Coach of all time, but also because he's quite simply the wrong man for the arduous task at hand.

Last edited:

billwade

Liked Posts:
I’m still waiting for you to post that film you said you had proving Trubisky doesn’t know what the hell he’s doing.

giphy.gif

I'm starting to question your ability to read, Genius. I was referencing the 22s from NFL game pass. Pull out the credit card (if you have one) and subscribe. You'll see what i mean. You must be unaware that the NFLs copyright prohibits redistribution, and there's no way to download them that I'm aware of anyway.

Seriously, is your argument that Trubisky hasn't missed a lot of open receivers? It took like 2 series from the Carolina game to capture these screenshots. In this one, he's locked into the receiver on the slant who's covered by the safety, and completely misses Gentry on the drag route. In the second shot, Gentry is doing the arm waving "I'm open" thing and by the third shot, Trubisky is sacked.

And stop misrepresenting my position. My point is that Trubisky hasn't progressed and looks very frantic in the pocket. he's having trouble anticipating receivers about to come open, and he's not throwing them open. I won't know until tomorrow, but he looked better against the Bungles. He might end up to be the next Tom Brady for all I know, but until Cincinnati, there wasn't much to get excited about.

Trubisky.gif

billwade

Liked Posts:
If nothing else, the fanbase will dictate Fox's firing on Black Monday. But even the shoopster doesn't think Ginny, the Kingster and the Sweatster are stupid enough to resort to gauging its temperature before making a move - Fox is gone, not merely due to his pathetic flirtation with Abe Gibron as worst Bear Head Coach of all time, but also because he's quite simply the wrong man for the arduous task at hand.

There are very few coaches who can win without talent, but I agree that Fox comes from the same maddening school of playing not to lose as "dead" dick and LaCucaracha. WHich brings us to the crux of the problem: why would anyone assume anything is going to change with the next hire?

I don't want to paint myself into the unenviable corner of defending John Fox, but if the process the Bears use to select head coaches isn't changed, then I see no advantage to changing for the sake of it. The last two times the Bears tried that, they got successively worse. There's no reason to assume that once sweat ted has assured us yet again he's in charge, and once again Ryan Pace has included George McCaskey in the selection process because he's a "football guy," the Bears won't end up with another weak, ineffectual coach that Ginny likes but probably doesn't belong coaching a D2 program.

I'm starting to understand why Urlacher stumped for Lovie and is now stumping for Fox. Maybe he understands how completely dysfunctional the front office is and knows the odds of bringing in a truly innovative, strong minded coach are minimal. If they hiren another dick/lovie/fox/trestman type guy, the Bears almost assuredly will become Cleveland.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
There are very few coaches who can win without talent, but I agree that Fox comes from the same maddening school of playing not to lose as "dead" dick and LaCucaracha. WHich brings us to the crux of the problem: why would anyone assume anything is going to change with the next hire?

I don't want to paint myself into the unenviable corner of defending John Fox, but if the process the Bears use to select head coaches isn't changed, then I see no advantage to changing for the sake of it. The last two times the Bears tried that, they got successively worse. There's no reason to assume that once sweat ted has assured us yet again he's in charge, and once again Ryan Pace has included George McCaskey in the selection process because he's a "football guy," the Bears won't end up with another weak, ineffectual coach that Ginny likes but probably doesn't belong coaching a D2 program.

I'm starting to understand why Urlacher stumped for Lovie and is now stumping for Fox. Maybe he understands how completely dysfunctional the front office is and knows the odds of bringing in a truly innovative, strong minded coach are minimal. If they hiren another dick/lovie/fox/trestman type guy, the Bears almost assuredly will become Cleveland.

You not implying that they keep Fox because they have messed up previous HC selections are you?

billwade

Liked Posts:
You not implying that they keep Fox because they have messed up previous HC selections are you?

No. However, unless the underlying problem is addressed, which is the meddling in football operations by sweat ted, George McCaskey, Ginny and Lord knows who else, I see no point in completely changing coaches and schemes, essentially writing off another year just to find out the Bears have hired the same guy for the 5th time.

Bears are one more bad HC away from becoming Cleveland.

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
No. However, unless the underlying problem is addressed, which is the meddling in football operations by sweat ted, George McCaskey, Ginny and Lord knows who else, I see no point in completely changing coaches and schemes, essentially writing off another year just to find out the Bears have hired the same guy for the 5th time.

Bears are one more bad HC away from becoming Cleveland.

Lord knows who else, mr. wade? Well, "Uncle" Ernie Accorsi, for one.

Will the ongoing machinations of he, "King" George McCaskey, "Sweaty" Teddy Phillips et. al. saddle the Bears with another also-ran? History tells us the chances are far greater than 50%; in fact, the list of Head Coaches since the Sweatster took charge - Dave Wannstedt, "Dead" Dick Jauron, Lovie, and Marc "Canada Dry" Trestman - tell us the chances are at about 75%, as only Wannstedt was highly regarded in NFL circles, and even he couldn't overcome Halas Hall's dysfuction.

And for those who claim Ryan Pace will fix everything if he is "allowed" to select his own Head Coach, consider this - Pace was either too weak-willed to stand up against the Kingster's edict mandating Accorsi's head coaching selection, or it was HE who in fact hired the worst Head Coach in Bear history. There isn't much reassurance in either possibility.

Nonetheless, despite the minuscule chance this franchise has to set itself straight with the Perspirator perpetuating his vision, John Fox must go on Black Monday. Sure, he'll probably be replaced by another God-fearing neophyte happy enough to be Peter Principle'd into the job by the manipulative McCaskeys that he'll be too ingratiated to push back on their meddling, as Pace was. And sure, with this franchise seemingly intent on accelerating the death spiral it has engineered for itself since 2007, there's a good chance they'll somehow do even worse than Fox. But the new Head Coach will have one very important differentiator that'll make it all worthwhile . . .

. . . He won't be John Fvvking Fox . . .

Last edited:

billwade

Liked Posts:
Lord knows who else, mr. wade? Well, "Uncle" Ernie Accorsi, for one.

Will the ongoing machinations of he, "King" George McCaskey, "Sweaty" Teddy Phillips et. al. saddle the Bears with another also-ran? History tells us the chances are far greater than 50%; in fact, the list of Head Coaches since the Sweatster took charge - Dave Wannstedt, "Dead" Dick Jauron, Lovie, and Marc "Canada Dry" Trestman - tell us the chances are at about 75%, as only Wannstedt was highly regarded in NFL circles, and even he couldn't overcome Halas Hall's dysfuction.

And for those who claim Ryan Pace will fix everything if he is "allowed" to select his own Head Coach, consider this - Pace was either too weak-willed to stand up against the Kingster's edict mandating Accorsi's head coaching selection, or it was HE who in fact hired the worst Head Coach in Bear history. There isn't much reassurance in either possibility.

Nonetheless, despite the minuscule chance this franchise has to set itself straight with the Perspirator perpetuating his vision, John Fox must go on Black Monday. Sure, he'll probably be replaced by another God-fearing neophyte happy enough to be Peter Principle'd into the job by the manipulative McCaskeys that he'll be too ingratiated to push back on their meddling, as Pace was. And sure, with this franchise seemingly intent on accelerating the death spiral it has engineered for itself since 2007, there's a good chance they'll somehow do even worse than Fox. But the new Head Coach will have one very important differentiator that'll make it all worthwhile . . .

. . . He won't be John Fvvking Fox . . .

Eh, you got me on that one...

But what an absolutely sorry state of affairs when we already know that the next HC will probably suck as bad as the last 2.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
You can become Cleveland.

Before joining the Bears, Fox had a lot of success with 2 different reams. How do you explain that?

6 winning seasons in 16 years. Three with Peyton. Not really impressive.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I'm starting to question your ability to read, Genius. I was referencing the 22s from NFL game pass. Pull out the credit card (if you have one) and subscribe. You'll see what i mean. You must be unaware that the NFLs copyright prohibits redistribution, and there's no way to download them that I'm aware of anyway.

Seriously, is your argument that Trubisky hasn't missed a lot of open receivers? It took like 2 series from the Carolina game to capture these screenshots. In this one, he's locked into the receiver on the slant who's covered by the safety, and completely misses Gentry on the drag route. In the second shot, Gentry is doing the arm waving "I'm open" thing and by the third shot, Trubisky is sacked.

And stop misrepresenting my position. My point is that Trubisky hasn't progressed and looks very frantic in the pocket. he's having trouble anticipating receivers about to come open, and he's not throwing them open. I won't know until tomorrow, but he looked better against the Bungles. He might end up to be the next Tom Brady for all I know, but until Cincinnati, there wasn't much to get excited about.

Trubisky.gif

Oh no, one play where he missed an open receiver. What the fuck would we do with your dogshit analysis?

billwade

Liked Posts:
Oh no, one play where he missed an open receiver. What the fuck would we do with your dogshit analysis?

Are you an utter moron or were you hit in the head too many times?

Genius asked for an example of Trubisky missing an open receiver, as though it was impossible he was the problem. This play represents a LOT of plays where Trubisky doesn't see the field. You think suddenly the receivers learned how to run patterns against the Bengals? Trubisky was better, that's why they looked open. Take the time to look at some film if you're not drooling all over yourself.