Eddie Jackson

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
My Girlfriend and I were sitting and having some drinks with some of the Bears in 2006 on New Years eve.

The party was thrown by Casey Urlacher and many of the Bears defense (in fact most of the starting D) were there after the loss to the Packers.

Besides all being really pissed at what Rex had done (and said), they were still all really optimistic about it all. I got to spend some time with Peanut.

One of the things he mentioned to me (paraphrasing) was how he "felt the game had slowed down for him. That he was able to see things before they happened, and while he played 100%, he felt that he had the ability to play 110%"

Being an actuary lol'd at him and asked him what he meant.

He said, (not a direct quote) "I used to watch the QB to see where the ball was going. Now I bait them to throw it my way." He then talked about inside and outside leverage. And how he could use it to coax the QB.

He then talked about tackling.

(again not a direct quote) "Well, I used to just tackle guys. Now I know when they've given up and I can tackle them while going for the ball."

Now, this was 2006. He was punching the ball out, but the "Peanut punch" was not coined yet.

This whole thing comes across like an interview. It wasn't. We were just talking and some of it was football.

I watched Eddie Jackson's strip today. It immediately made me think of Peanut. Green had given up and was happy to just walk out of bounds. Jackson, instead of tackling him or letting him meander out, stripped the ball.

You can't teach that. The game either speeds up on them or slows down. I think he has it. We have something special in this guy.

Ballhawk

[video=youtube;IY4_TOw8YqU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IY4_TOw8YqU[/video]

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
I think you’re absolutely right! Favorite pick of the draft all things considered. Needs and position of draft. Most teams forgot about this kid and he’s an absolute stud

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
I think you’re absolutely right! Favorite pick of the draft all things considered. Needs and position of draft. Most teams forgot about this kid and he’s an absolute stud

He has it. HE is big time.

And like Peanut needed Lovie to hone him, he needs a mentor.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Good to see what he has done, and I agree, he has the football smarts to go with talent.

Would love to see him continue with his revival of the Peanut/Mike Brown tradition. We had so few takeaways recently. He has two games of two each. We need playmakers, and this kid is one.