Adam Shaheen is currently leading the team in reception TDs

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Oh, there's no "kind of" in that.

It's REAL sad.

That's a game for a lot of guys.

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
I mean, it's nice he's contributing in a positive way this year, but holy fuck 3 TD's leading the way is kind of sad.

What did you think it would be with our current record and game performances. I think our record says we are kind of sad. What’s new.

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk

wklink

CBMB refugee
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Ugh. Perfect example of the dysfunction we have on offense.

Ej63090

Anti-Exultant Cruise Dire
Liked Posts:
I didn’t think he’d be nimble and athletic enough to be Jimmy Graham, but he is like a giant version of him.

Seriously the corner routes in the EZ have to be a staple. He’s either going to draw PI or score a shit ton of TD’s like that.

LiverpoolBearsFAn

Liked Posts:
Shaheen is a huge target with more athleticism and speed than is normal for his size, and he also has excellent hands - seems to have caught almost everything near him recently. He's a walking mismatch.

cbo0485

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Amazing what he learned in 7 days.

Exactly, to me the excuse of him not learning the playbook is bullshit. The only way it's valid is if Dowell Loggains playbook is so ridiculously complex that it's too complex. You see rookies come in and start all the time in much better offenses. I dont get why they are just now playing him more.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
Shaheen is going to be a monster in this league. He's a true threat in the redzone and he's got great hands. He also made a number of good blocks in the run game.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Shaheen pulling in 8+ touchdowns a season when this offense is fully developed (hopefully next year). Add in a good receiver and improve the line a touch and our offense is looking scary with the right playcalling.

LiverpoolBearsFAn

Liked Posts:
This whole thing about Fox 'not trusting young players' reflects very badly on him.

Any coach that has that against their name is in the wrong profession. Whatever level they coach at, developing and seeing young players grow should be the most rewarding part of the job, and its how strong franchises are built. We have some very good young guys on our roster and it certainly seems they've been held back by Fox this year.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
14 targets... 12 catches... 3 TDs... There is no excuse not to feature him in the passing game the last three weeks. I realize there was an adjustment period with the huge jump in competition but he certainly looks ready now.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Exactly, to me the excuse of him not learning the playbook is bullshit. The only way it's valid is if Dowell Loggains playbook is so ridiculously complex that it's too complex. You see rookies come in and start all the time in much better offenses. I dont get why they are just now playing him more.

Kendall Wright said he liked Dowells offense because it was less complex and easy to pick up. Said this about his rookie and soph years with him. Being from Baylor, he didn’t know what a route was. It couldn’t have gotten that much more complex. Fox just won’t play the rookies

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
It is nice to see a guy come in and actually be a threat in the red zone. I remember the Cutty/Forte years and it felt like they would drive all the way down and then just couldn't punch the ball into the end zone.

I have overall felt the opposite with this team... They can't drive down but when they do they find a way to get into the end zone.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Shaheen will lead this team in receptions at year ends. I know he does now too. I bet 3 more are coming these last 3 games. Really who else we got to throw to in the endzone?

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thought I would check in to test the mood. Wow. Some of you have made up so much clueless shit that you all now believe it as fact. I view yesterday as a group of young guys that are developing tremendously and coming together as a unit. What you see on the other side of the field is a team that has given up. You should be able to notice the difference.

I was proud and optimistic of the development of a young team lacking big name talent and flooded with injuries. To some of you, I feel very sorry. Maybe will check in for a second next Monday.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:

You mean the Adam Gase playbook right?

Two ways of looking at this, the coaches were right and he needed time to develop, or the coaches refused to include him because they could not see he was ready previously.

LiverpoolBearsFAn

Liked Posts:
It is nice to see a guy come in and actually be a threat in the red zone. I remember the Cutty/Forte years and it felt like they would drive all the way down and then just couldn't punch the ball into the end zone.

I have overall felt the opposite with this team... They can't drive down but when they do they find a way to get into the end zone.

To be fair to Loggains, I'm not a fan of his play calling this year but he does a good job of mixing it up in the red zone when you get close. Try the obvious punch it in with the RB once by all means, but don't necessarily do it on 1st down and don't keep doing it. He's been quite creative in that part of the field and the numbers show that it works, why not do the same further back as well? Maybe its Fox letting the reins out a little when we get closer.